Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

tactlessbastard posted:

What if it was wall scrolls and swords?

Weird sex with weird people can be good. I've had sex with people who had goat skulls in the bookshelves and a snake roaming loose in the apartment. No-one worth loving will mind your dorky poo poo.

E: loving snype

E2: my phone wanted to autocorrect snype to snake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

tactlessbastard posted:

Wall scrolls and swords tell a different story than framed puzzles, to my way of thinking. Mr. Sunshine’s got a point too though. I guess all I meant was that it wouldn’t present as the kind of red flag that renders the person unfuckable. It’s easily in “benign hobby I could see as cute” territory.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Curveball: What if the puzzles are of anime girls

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

*Iron Maiden's Run for the Hills starts playing

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

loquacius posted:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Somehow it’s almost worse if it’s a lady with anime girl puzzles. You got me.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

tactlessbastard posted:

psh like I'm ever going to allow some 3DPD into my house to see what's on my walls

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That one sexual harassment boss love story confession ended with her having an anime room didn't it?

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Yeah, snakes and skulls are one thing. That's the sexual equivalent of those fields of spiked blocks signaling "No great deed is commemorated here" to post-apocalyptic savages.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

tactlessbastard posted:

Look, if you end up at a home and there are wall scrolls and swords, you should have known there were going to be wall scrolls and swords before you got there. And if you're surprised to find wall scrolls and swords, that's entirely on you.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
lovely step dad goon, here's what you do:
Punch him once in the face, hard. Not enough to do permanent damage, but enough to knock him on his rear end.

Then place one foot on his chest and say "I'm the dad now, boy".

He's now socially, morally, and legally obligated to do whatever you say

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Run to the Hills, smdh

W...wait... trap sprung?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

runupon cracker posted:

Run to the Hills, smdh

W...wait... trap sprung?

If you're caught in a trap, does that make you a... PRISONER?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

For posterity: Stylometry goon sent in a followup, not with another guess but to flex his goons.xls knowledge (hence not posting it ITT, it's all freely available info but I'd rather not have it in one place) and to point out that I use the phrase "my wife" fairly constantly and goddamn you're right I talk about her a lot. When you marry someone not only do a lot of your personal anecdotes revolve around them but you also get access to their anecdotes to tell people by proxy. I can see how it'd be obnoxious though so I'll give it a rest.

On that note, this one is a response to him:

quote:

Hello Loq, I just read the fesh from the guy who says he analyzed word usage and stylometry. I've written a number of feshes for this thread that have been reasonably well received and provoked some decent discussion and/or jokes, so now I'll come clean and tell you which ones are mine. I like to think I am a decent writer and that my content is original; let's see if Stylometry Goon has identified patterns in these stories that point to single authorship. I'll give you my personal email address at the end of this message, feel free to contact me to bitch me out for sending in garbage for your thread or thank me for content, but please don't post it on SA and get me doxxed.

I leave it to you whether to post the following list in the thread, or censor it and let the thread enjoy my works in the semi-plausible facade in which they are written.

In rough chronological order, my best-of list (heavily edited by Loq to ~preserve the mystery~):
-Psychic Alien Fesh (part 2 only)
-The Arizona Racist who didn't shoot a guy
-I accidentally murdered my co-worker so my boss didn't have to pay work comp
-The woman whose husband tried to hypnotize her into weird sex
-My roommate thinks sex between unmarried people is illegal because he's autistic

There were a bunch more in the list; I clipped several of them out for previously stated reasons but I left those in because I specifically remember them and they were good and I wanted to give public kudos. Those were really good! Stylometry goon, if you want the full list for data (warning: there are no included links, just summaries like the ones already posted), send me an email address (anonymous or otherwise) to forward them along to.

He also let me know what his SA handle was; it's not anyone currently active or who I had heard of before, but I'm not posting it anyway, by request.

quote:

I've been working a new job for almost a year now. I'm good friends with one of the people who works there. At first we were just work friends, but then we started hanging out outside of work. We started getting closer and stuff. She'd tell me about her boy problems and all that jazz. I don't really trust anyone, and generally I'm not that honest either. But I grew to trust her, and so outside of my sister she was pretty much the only person I felt able to be honest with.

Anyway. She was looking to get a new place due to drama with some of her roommates reaching a crescendo, I was looking for one too. So I went over and hung out with her and her bestie to see if we'd all be compatible. We drank, smoked a little weed, whatever. She'd broken up with her latest loser boyfriend like a month before. I'd honestly never considered her romantically before, but we ended up talking all night and making out. We'd been friends for 7 months or so at this point. We spent almost every day of the next two weeks together, did all that standard dating poo poo. But, I dunno. She was having a serious down day, felt like nobody cared about her and all that. I told her I loved her as my friend, and I cared about her even if nobody else did. That ended up being a terrible idea.

She started talking about how she thought thing were going too fast and she didn't think she was ready for a relationship, and we broke up about a week later. I really do care deeply about her, and she wanted to stay friends, so I've been trying to do that. That was all two months ago. But a few weeks back she started dating this new guy from a town a few hours away, which hurt but whatever. I think I might have been lying when I said I loved her as a friend. If it was truly mostly platonic, this wouldn't all be hurting so much, right? But I just want to scream when I see her posting on Facebook about how excited she is when he comes to visit and poo poo.

To finish this long boring rear end story, she's moving in with this guy soon and it's killing me. I don't understand. I scared her away (her words) by telling her I loved her (platonically), and it was moving too fast, but some dude she's known 4 weeks is apparently enough to live with. I don't know any more. I'm just so hung up on her, like I'm some loving teenager with a crush. Maybe she just wanted a casual fling with me, but she told me way at the beginning she wanted to make it work. I told her I don't do casual relationships... I don't know. Part of me is happy she found someone she apparently likes, part of me hates her for it, and part of me hates me for hating her. It's all very confused in my head. Especially because I recently can't help but feel that she lied to me at the beginning. But that thought is even worse. I don't trust people because they've hurt me so often in the past. It might actually kill me to have it broken again like that. I don't know.

And over it all, I know I'm being an insanely lovely friend by being so hung up. gently caress. Anyway. It felt better to write this out so thanks I guess.

yeah bruh you need to focus all this weird mind-energy on something else because it's not going to good use right now

Get on Tinder and/or get a new hobby, just find something else to focus on so you don't obsess like this. It didn't work out, whatever, things don't sometimes. If you do actually still want to be friends with her you have to figure out a way to get over it, and the best way to do that is to fill the void with something else. Otherwise you're gonna have to :sever: which is gonna be hard since she's a coworker. There's a reason people say "don't poo poo where you eat."

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
She didn't lie to you at the beginning, she lied to you at the end either to let you down gently or avoid a conflict. Pretty much everyone does. Sometimes people aren't compatible even if they genuinely like each other.

Also be sure to hide your OreImo wall scroll collection next time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

runupon cracker posted:

Run to the Hills, smdh

W...wait... trap sprung?

:doh:

I'd turn in my metal card, but my buddy Reyha already revoked it back in 2003 for saying that I liked the Final Fantasy metal band The Black Mages. Technically, I shouldn't even be making Iron Maiden jokes.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
If a girl is moving in with a dude after four weeks, I'd say bullet dodged. Enjoy her antics from a safe distance.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Keep us updated, crush anon.

I want to know how quickly she moves onto guy #3.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd turn in my metal card, but my buddy Reyha already revoked it back in 2003 for saying that I liked the Final Fantasy metal band The Black Mages. Technically, I shouldn't even be making Iron Maiden jokes.
Oh, I have to know what kind of poo poo they're into if they're gonna pull a card over Iron Maiden.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Definitely good job on the hypno-sex fesh. My knee-jerk reaction to that one was :3: because they were both getting what they wanted then it kind of dawned on me that it was hosed up.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Psychic alien pt2 is probably my favourite fesh. Illegal marriage sex guy was also very funny, kudos authorgoon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the hypno one was good. Great job on that one.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I'll bet the fake feshes he submitted weren't even real!

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

loquacius posted:

Don't worry too much -- it's just a quirky hobby and will come off as such. How many on the wall are we talking, though? The 50-60 number seemed to be total finished, not total walled.

puzzle goon, what's the best place to get puzzles that aren't just schlocky thomas kinkade bullshit

serious question

sandoz fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 11, 2018

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

puzzle goon please help me out here

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

loquacius posted:

For posterity: Stylometry goon sent in a followup, not with another guess but to flex his goons.xls knowledge (hence not posting it ITT, it's all freely available info but I'd rather not have it in one place) and to point out that I use the phrase "my wife" fairly constantly and goddamn you're right I talk about her a lot. When you marry someone not only do a lot of your personal anecdotes revolve around them but you also get access to their anecdotes to tell people by proxy. I can see how it'd be obnoxious though so I'll give it a rest.

On that note, this one is a response to him:

There were a bunch more in the list; I clipped several of them out for previously stated reasons but I left those in because I specifically remember them and they were good and I wanted to give public kudos. Those were really good! Stylometry goon, if you want the full list for data (warning: there are no included links, just summaries like the ones already posted), send me an email address (anonymous or otherwise) to forward them along to.

Plesae don't give Stylometry goon the rest of the list. Let them work from that dataset and see if they can guess some of the remainder from the list, and then, when they can't, let them realize they are full of poo poo and not as smart as they think

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Puzzle goon sent a followup, not about puzzle store recs unfortunately:

quote:

Just a quick follow up.

1. I would never do anime girl puzzles. The only anime related thing I have in my apartment is a Sailor Moon inspired purse a friend make when we were in high school.
2. I have a large apartment and I try to scatter my puzzles. I'm visiting family right now but I'll try to remember to get a picture of some of them when I get home.

Here are pics of the puzzle I'm currently working on though! I started in on my small end table and then had to move it to the coffee table because I misjudged the size. It'll go to my niece when I'm done since she loves cats. The next one up is based on a Klimt painting and I might keep it if it turns out like the box art.

Man after being sent pictures of a bloody toe I'm really enjoying being able to post pictures of an unfinished cat puzzle, it's so wholesome by comparison

quote:

My brother got married last year and his wife is now about 5 months pregnant. They have always fought a lot verbally. Basically every time I visit they get in a screaming fight with each other over the dumbest things. But whatever, that's not my business so I didn't think much of it.

A couple weeks ago though I got a panicked call from her saying my brother was very drunk and was trying to kill her. She was hiding in a closet. I heard him yelling and heard him fire two shots from his shotgun, so I got my gun and drove over. In case anyone asks, they live really in the middle of nowhere where the nearest neighbor is a few miles away, so nobody would hear the shots and call the police themselves. By the time I got there he was at the kitchen table with his liquor bottle crying and rambling about how he can't have a baby and so on. His wife was trying to clean up the mess since he had shot through the bedroom and bathroom doors so there was wood shards everywhere. When she saw me her tune was completely different. She was actually mad I was there and started yelling at me and saying I am going to pay to replace the front door I had to kick in.

Now I'm standing there in the kitchen confused and conflicted about whether I should call the police and dealing with the thought that I came over there prepared to kill my own brother while she's screaming at me to get out, so I do. Over the next few days they both beg me not to call the police or tell any of the other family and promise it will never happen again. I know it will, but at the same time, and I guess this is my confession, I don't really care, I'm tired of being dragged into their garbage life. It shouldn't be my job to make sure my loser brother and sister and law don't murder each other. Mostly I just feel bad that the baby will be born into this shitshow of a family.

My take: don't go over there anymore, and if you get any more calls that someone is trying to kill someone, call the dang cops instead of playing hero. Let the professionals deal with it, so you don't have to do it yourself.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Puzzle goon sent a followup, not about puzzle store recs unfortunately:

Man after being sent pictures of a bloody toe I'm really enjoying being able to post pictures of an unfinished cat puzzle, it's so wholesome by comparison

My take: don't go over there anymore, and if you get any more calls that someone is trying to kill someone, call the dang cops instead of playing hero. Let the professionals deal with it, so you don't have to do it yourself.

All the cops will do is roll up and shoot his brother. He could skip the middle man if that's what he had in mind.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

All the cops will do is roll up and shoot his brother. He could skip the middle man if that's what he had in mind.

who needs the hassle

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

tactlessbastard posted:

But see the cops would get away with it no problem, where as he would probably have a huge investigation to go through. Why would you do anything but call the cops in that situation?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Some primo av material in that cat puzzle

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

loquacius posted:

Let the professionals deal with it, so you don't have to do it yourself.

yes please swat your own brother.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Torquemada posted:

yes please swat your own brother.

Doesn't swatting usually intrinsically involve lying to the police? If he gets a call saying that his brother is drunk and trying to kill his sister-in-law, telling the cops about it isn't called swatting, it's called his civic duty and it's also called outsourcing the problem to people who get paid to deal with it

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

But see the cops would get away with it no problem, where as he would probably have a huge investigation to go through. Why would you do anything but call the cops in that situation?

That's a good question to ask the sister in law. You're supposed to be whispering to 911 in the closet while your murderous husband hunts you down, not a family member.

In any case both of the people in the story sound like exactly the types of people who shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Tell them it's your baby

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
Might be a good idea to get any guns out of that house. Also leaving it to the cops is probably a good idea.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don't call the police. Ever. I won't even text my cop buddies because that would be calling the police.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Solice Kirsk posted:

Don't call the police. Ever. I won't even text my cop buddies because that would be calling the police.

What do you do when you see Granos?

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
The sad eventual end game for all abusers is murdering their victim, get her the gently caress out of there dude.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Poor anon didn't get to live out his fantasy of murder the brother, gently caress the grateful wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

bell jar posted:

Poor anon didn't get to live out his fantasy of murder the brother, gently caress the grateful wife

holy poo poo