Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

edit: page snipe rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There's a LOT of poo poo in the eShop

there is, but the overall quality of Switch eshop titles outdoes WiiU. The WiiU could never dream of getting poo poo like Darkest Dungeon, Into The Breach, Hollow Knight, Celeste, Mark of the Ninja, Broforce, Stardew Valley, etc. The indie presence on Switch is unreal. I think the VC was kind of required because they knew they had truly nothing else from 3rd parties to support the system.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Anime. Check.
Logo looks like a butt. Check.
GOTY?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the omega clearly outlines breasts, not a butt

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There's a LOT of poo poo in the eShop

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jawdins posted:

Anime. Check.
GOTY?

Girls crawl around in dungeons to increase their bust size. Check.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Good news, all you roguelike fans! Classic Vita Roguelike, Omega Labyrinth, is getting a sequel on the Switch called Omega Labyrinth Life!

There's only super grainy magazine scans about it right now, but here's the cover of the original Omega Labyrinth to give you an idea what to expect from Omega Labyrinth Life

but vita means life

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

When I first saw this as your avatar ('grats) on my tiny phone screen I thought it was an anime tiddy golf game.

They have a very unusual sword fighting stance. I can see why they need to go into dungeons to practice.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

RC Cola posted:

Give me virtual console please. I need castlevania in my life.

Get Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. It's 10 bucks and is basically CV3.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hammer Bro. posted:

When I first saw this as your avatar ('grats) on my tiny phone screen I thought it was an anime tiddy golf game.

They have a very unusual sword fighting stance. I can see why they need to go into dungeons to practice.

two-handed word at crotch height like is normal, it's just weird that she's pointing it down. It's supposed to be pointed out!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
lol that's a whole lotta swords

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anime, and their poses, are good

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Powerup Comics produced the single greatest political cartoon of all time

The Trump sequel comic somehow lives up to it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nintendo, i still can't buy Link to the Past on my nintendo switch

hosed up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

eonwe posted:

nintendo, i still can't buy Link to the Past on my nintendo switch

hosed up

Haha I was literally about to post the exact same thing

Gimme the Zeldas!!!

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Trump sequel comic somehow lives up to it.

:colbert:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Omg same rumor has viewtiful joe coming soon, I'm crying.

I’m up for this if it’s possible! Also Joe in Smash?
I’ve been playing Bayonetta, I love the fact that the special costumes are shown during cutscenes (even if it is a bit weird) and can raise and lower the visor on the Samus costume at any time, including during cutscenes. Like I’ve seen plenty games now that show costumes during cutscenes but the fact you could mess with the visor is new to me.
Also, more Katamari would be fantastic, the music is usually good too.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

brave/sunrise stance is a good shot tbh

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

two-handed word at crotch height like is normal, it's just weird that she's pointing it down. It's supposed to be pointed out!

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
Is Victor Vran worth $40 or should I wait for a sale? I'm a sucker for hack n slash rpg's

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Zarlog posted:

Is Victor Vran worth $40 or should I wait for a sale? I'm a sucker for hack n slash rpg's

I'd cringe paying $40 for Victor Vran considering how often it goes for $5 on steam. Wait for a sale I'd say.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was on sale for about €3 like 2 weeks ago so I would definitely wait

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i just got a switch a couple days ago for me and my kids. im having a weird problem with the eshop some times though where it gets stuck on the screen asking for my password but wont actually let me open the password field to type anything. all i can do is home button out. I have to restart the system to fix it. is there a way to fix this other than enabling the skip password option?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zarlog posted:

if you were willing to pay 40 for Victor Vran you're better off waiting until like Diablo 3

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
lol ok I'll wait for a sale. Steam has totally hosed up how much I'm willing to pay for a video game.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Steam or no steam, lots of games aren't worth the sticker price to begin with.

I paid $15 for Victor Vran on steam and kinda regret it. Not an awful game but definitely not great, I played it for 20 minutes before deciding that I'd rather play a funner, prettier game.

Diablo style games aren't terribly interesting to me though so ymmv

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

At 40 bucks you might as well wait for Diablo 3 and get the full package.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Does D3 Switch have a release date?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I liked Victor Vram. It's a fun console-focused hack n' slash that felt good to play, and I really enjoyed the challenge system. Although it's approach to the Diablo formula is a little weird, it felt like they purposely hosed with the meta-mechanics to make it stand out, regardless if it made the Diablo formula better or worse. And it has tone problems.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 11, 2018

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Kly posted:

i just got a switch a couple days ago for me and my kids. im having a weird problem with the eshop some times though where it gets stuck on the screen asking for my password but wont actually let me open the password field to type anything. all i can do is home button out. I have to restart the system to fix it. is there a way to fix this other than enabling the skip password option?

For opening the eShop? Maybe check for system updates.

A workaround you could use Skip Password for launching eShop, but still require password to make a purchase.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

SettingSun posted:

Does D3 Switch have a release date?

Fall this year, so I'd say November.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Kly posted:

I had this problem when I bought mine a few months ago. I set it to skip password. Hope you figure it out!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think you understand what this word actually means....

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guy Goodbody posted:

Good news, all you roguelike fans! Classic Vita Roguelike, Omega Labyrinth, is getting a sequel on the Switch called Omega Labyrinth Life!

There's only super grainy magazine scans about it right now, but here's the cover of the original Omega Labyrinth to give you an idea what to expect from Omega Labyrinth Life

I thought you were making a joke but I realized who was posting and now I know you're being sincere.

Jawdins posted:

Anime. Check.
GOTY?

Did you really confuse the tits in the logo for an rear end? lol

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Listening to the Night in the Woods OST and feeling like playing it again. Is there a general consensus for the best place to stop to have full access to the bass mini-game and Demon Tower? Because I finished it last time I played it and I know that means it's game over.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

s.i.r.e. posted:

I thought you were making a joke but I realized who was posting and now I know you're being sincere.

Did you really confuse the tits in the logo for an rear end? lol

:cripes: A shameful mistake. Will anime ever forgive me?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm not interested in the game myself, but it's a roguelike and previous games in the series have been criticized fro being too difficult and unforgiving, so it should be right up this thread's alley

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Nargacuga is too fast

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Sweet avatar bro

Speaking of monster hunter, is high rank and maybe g rank a must play, or does anyone else drop off as soon as they clear low rank?

I'm having so much fun grinding stuff out and making weapons/armor even though I'm barely in LR 3 star village quests and 2 star hub quests...at this rate I'm pretty sure I'm gonna burn myself out by the time I hit high rank, let alone g rank. Too many games to play

Oh well, it's still fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

G rank is when Monster Hunter starts to get really good. People definitely don’t drop off there.

• Locked thread