Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Bacon Terrorist posted:

In mine not only do I lose my £10 entry but the overall worst player has to wear a ballerina outfit on a night out in Glasgow. I'm the only englishman playing in a group of scots, I'm also 6'9", losing is not an option for me.

Christ and I thought I had it bad.

Seriously though this is awful, how did I get here?

Thoughts on FAAB for Lindsay? Since I'm so hosed and basically have to land some upside backs I'm thinking 15%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My Adrian Peterson
for
His Zach Ertz

I take that poo poo and run, right?

My team:
QB: Luck
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Devonta Freeman
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: TY Hilton
Flex: Jarvis Landry
TE: Kittle

Bench:
Burkhead, Peterson, Morris, Mack, Ekheler, Tate, Keenan Cole, Goodwin, B. Marshall

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

89 posted:

My Adrian Peterson
for
His Zach Ertz

My team:

Bench:
Burkhead, Peterson, Morris, Mack, Ekheler, Tate, Keenan Cole, Goodwin, B. Marshall

I'd probably do that, yeah.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

pubic works project posted:

So it's my wife's first year playing fantasy football in our work league. 14 team 1PPR league. She's got the number 1 waiver which doesn't reset. Any of these worth burning it on? I'm giving her advice here and there so that next year she basically knows what the gently caress to do. RB is a wasteland. I've suggested she shop Golladay or Jordy for a RB if possible since she has a ton of WRs.

Geronimo Allison
Brandon Marshall
Phillip Dorsett
Tyler Boyd
Willie Snead
Taylor Gabriel
Jared Cook
Ian Thomas
Ricky Seals Jones
Will Dissly

This is her team:

QB - Wilson, Stafford
RB - Freeman, James White, Penny
WR - Garcon, Jordy, Stills, Golladay, Richardson, DeVante Parker, Tyler Lockett
TE - Kelce, Delanie
D/ST - Eagles
K - Tucker

Bumping this for the new page.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Is it too early to start unloading any shares of Matty Ice as a QB2? My main QB is Rodgers so I'm thinking dump Matt for Fitzpatrick in case Aaron doesn't play this week?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm pretty happy with my offense right now, even if Rodgers is out for awhile

QB - Rodgers, Rivers
RB - Gurley, Mixon, Peterson, Fournette, K. Johnson, Crowell
WR - D. Thomas, M. Williams, Fitzgerald, Robby Anderson, Crabtree, Corey Davis
TE - Gronk, Jordan Reed

Brandon Cooks is available so is Josh Gordon and maybe AJ Green. Was thinking maybe flipping Fournette straight up for Green if they'll take it or maybe selling high on Adrian and trying to get Gordon or Cooks? Thoughts?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm thinking of targeting Jay Ajayi with my Devonta Freemans. Not just biased.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

My Adrian Peterson
for
His Zach Ertz

My team:

Bench:

I wouldn't. Your RBs behind Gordon are uninspiring, I wouldn't be shocked if AP was your clear cut RB2 by the end of the year. You don't know that you'll get any usable fantasy weeks out of Morris, Mack, or Ekeler. Ertz was drafted around the RB#20 or so going by Fantasy Pros ADP, and I think it's fair to say week 1 has bolstered AP's case of being around there, meaning it definitely isn't some slam dunk. Kittle looks to be a totally fine TE1 (though of course Ertz would be an upgrade), so it isn't like you're desperate for an upgrade there.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Currently have Jack Doyle as my starting TE but the following players are on the wire and I am wondering if they are worth grabbing instead. Half-PPR, 12-team.

Jared Cook
Will Dissly
Eric Ebron

Also, as the Fournette owner, which RB would you grab to back him up? I have never been impressed with Yeldon, even though he is the obvious choice.

Austin Ekeler
Phillip Lindsey
TJ Yeldon

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

sourdough posted:

I wouldn't. Your RBs behind Gordon are uninspiring, I wouldn't be shocked if AP was your clear cut RB2 by the end of the year. You don't know that you'll get any usable fantasy weeks out of Morris, Mack, or Ekeler. Ertz was drafted around the RB#20 or so going by Fantasy Pros ADP, and I think it's fair to say week 1 has bolstered AP's case of being around there, meaning it definitely isn't some slam dunk. Kittle looks to be a totally fine TE1 (though of course Ertz would be an upgrade), so it isn't like you're desperate for an upgrade there.

Ertz plays a more prominent role in the offense than Kittle.

49ers were playing a team with great secondary defenders, which explains Kittle's increased role.

AP will not be good for an entire NFL season.

He'd be upgrading TE to a for sure productive player by losing some depth at RB. If I had Freeman and Gordon, I'd mash yes so hard to get Ertz it's not even funny.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Just been given the opportunity for a trade (which is like, the first time this has happened in a league that's been going three years).

One guy is holding three of the rookie RBs:

Kerryon Johnson
Sony Michel
Rashaad Penny

and he's looking to trade one of them for a WR. I've got Conner and a bunch of RBs I'm not hot on, so I'm looking for a bit of insurance if/when Bell comes back. My thinking is that when that happens I have a rookie about ready to blow up a la Kamara last year.

My team is currently looking like this:

and it's a 0.5 PPR league.

I'm thinking of offering Michael Crabtree for Kerryon Johnson. Does that sound fair/reasonable? Should I go for Sony Michel instead (he's a Pats fan so always favours them)?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

MrSargent posted:

Currently have Jack Doyle as my starting TE but the following players are on the wire and I am wondering if they are worth grabbing instead. Half-PPR, 12-team.

Jared Cook
Will Dissly
Eric Ebron

Also, as the Fournette owner, which RB would you grab to back him up? I have never been impressed with Yeldon, even though he is the obvious choice.

Austin Ekeler
Phillip Lindsey
TJ Yeldon

Keep Doyle and grab Yeldon.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dynasty 12 Team PPR + 1st downs + Super Flex

My Derek Carr for his Michael Crabtree?

My QBs are Wentz, Rivers, Bridgewater, Carr, and Geno Smith.
My WRs are Mike Evans, TY Hilton, Rishard Matthews, Brandon Marshall, Dez, Anthony Miller, Antonio Callaway, Cordelle Patterson, Albert Wilson, Chad Williams

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

EvilHawk posted:

Just been given the opportunity for a trade (which is like, the first time this has happened in a league that's been going three years).

One guy is holding three of the rookie RBs:

Kerryon Johnson
Sony Michel
Rashaad Penny

and he's looking to trade one of them for a WR. I've got Conner and a bunch of RBs I'm not hot on, so I'm looking for a bit of insurance if/when Bell comes back. My thinking is that when that happens I have a rookie about ready to blow up a la Kamara last year.

My team is currently looking like this:

and it's a 0.5 PPR league.

I'm thinking of offering Michael Crabtree for Kerryon Johnson. Does that sound fair/reasonable? Should I go for Sony Michel instead (he's a Pats fan so always favours them)?

Yeah I think Kerryon is the RB to own out of that group, especially if the other guy is a Pats fan. I fell asleep during the game, but I guess Blount got hurt. I think Kerryon gets more run since Abdullah sucks rear end.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
So Greg Olson just broke his foot which means he's gone for the season, my only other TE is Antonio Gates. Should I drop Olson for Ebron or keep the faith and drop Gates?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Well you should certainly drop Olsen if he's out for the season. Then drop Gates for someone else.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Alfalfa posted:

Keep Jones and Gronk.

Package up anyone and everyone else to get a low end RB2 (like a Chris Thompson or Duke Johnson - could buy low now on Duke).

Depending on league size, I'd even move Watson to someone who still believes he will bounce back for a lower end QB and RB that will actually score more than 0 points.

Watson for Duke straight up? Unfortunately not much quality out there for QBs, Trubiski or Fitz is the tier I'm seeing.

Seems like it'd be a net value wash but my RB1 is Tarik Cohen sooo.

pocket pool fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 11, 2018

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Someone dropped DeSean Jackson last saturday before he played scored all those points and got a concussion. Is he worth picking up on waivers and stashing him on my bench in my PPR league? I have Keenen Allen and Larry Fitz.

Also for my RB's I have Dalvin Cook and Tarik Cohen... I need to pick someone else up, who should I be trying to get off waivers:

Jalen Richard , T.J. Yeldon , Darren Sproles , Phillip Lindsay

;I'm thinking Phillip Lindsay?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

fyallm posted:

Also for my RB's I have Dalvin Cook and Tarik Cohen... I need to pick someone else up, who should I be trying to get off waivers:

Jalen Richard , T.J. Yeldon , Darren Sproles , Phillip Lindsay

I'm thinking Phillip Lindsay?

Lindsay or Yeldon, in that order.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

decypher posted:

Ertz plays a more prominent role in the offense than Kittle.

49ers were playing a team with great secondary defenders, which explains Kittle's increased role.

AP will not be good for an entire NFL season.

He'd be upgrading TE to a for sure productive player by losing some depth at RB. If I had Freeman and Gordon, I'd mash yes so hard to get Ertz it's not even funny.

I'm sorry but this is a pretty amazing series of assumptions. It's just as easy to explain that Kittle's role is a function of the chemistry that he and Jimmy G have developed combined with an offensive scheme that loves athletic tight ends, there's no guarantee that AP will degrade (just look at Frank Gore), and I'm not convinced that Ertz is an absolute upgrade given the change in offensive coordinator for Philadelphia.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I threw Kittle + Alfred Morris for Ertz back at him. I'll see if he takes that. 50/50 chance.

But, because redraft trades aren't enough for me anymore, now I have DYNASTY trades to worry about 🤪

quote:

My Derek Carr ($48) & Tarik Cohen ($32) & Zach Ertz ($122) for Alvin Kamara ($200) or Julio Jones ($156)

Not wanting to ruin my depth, what little I have, but I figure Wentz is probably gonna be back next week. I like what I'm seeing from Phillip Lindsay. And I think, despite Premium TE scoring, I spent too much on Ertz even though he's my boy. I'd love to be able to roll out Julio, Evans, TY or Kamara, Gordon, Howard.

Hate getting rid of Ertz, but thinking Jonnu Smith might return a lot of value. Especially at $1, lol.

Sacrificing my little depth I have?

12 teams, $1000 salary, 1QB/2RB/3WR/2Flex/1SuperFlex

quote:

QBs

Carson Wentz - $156, Phillip Rivers - $40, Derek Carr - $48, Teddy Bridgewater - $1

RBs

Melvin Gordon - $159, Jordan Howard - $125, Tarik Cohen - $32, Peyton Barber - $13, Austin Ekeler - $14, Theo Riddick - $6, Chris Ivory - $2, Mike Gillslee - $1, Jonathan Stewart - $1, Phillip Lindsay - $1

WRs

TY Hilton - $135, Mike Evans - $108, Rishard Matthews - $14, Dez Bryant - $2, Chad Williams - $1, Mike Wallace - $1, Brandon Marshall - $1, Cordarrelle Patterson - $1, Albert Wilson - $1

TEs

Zach Ertz - $122, Jesse James - $1, Jonnu Smith - $1

Taxi Squad

Anthony Miller, Antonio Callaway, Jordan Akins

Scoring Highlights

* Lot of the typical scoring stuff, thennnn...
* Passing TDs - 6 pts
* Passing INTs - -4
* Pick 6's - -2
* Rushing/Receiving TDs - 6 pts
* PPR - 0.5 pts
* PPR TE - 1 pt
* 1st Downs to RB/WR - 0.5 pts
* 1st Downs to TE - 1 pt
* 40+ Yard TDs - 1 pts (1 pt bonus + 6 pt TD = 7pts total)

Touchdown is a 1st Down so it Stacks for 6 pt

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
So apparently you can put an "Out" player in the IR spot on Yahoo? That's not what I wanted when I added the IR spot, I only wanted it for players on the actual IR. Is there a way to turn that off? I need to figure this out for the Olson owners in my leagues.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

pubic works project posted:

Bumping this for the new page.

No. She needs to hold that for a RB injury. No point in burning it on another WR.

I would have her shop some WR's though and possibly even shop Wilson. Stafford will never be that bad again and she needs some RB help.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

coronaball posted:

So apparently you can put an "Out" player in the IR spot on Yahoo? That's not what I wanted when I added the IR spot, I only wanted it for players on the actual IR. Is there a way to turn that off? I need to figure this out for the Olson owners in my leagues.

I don't believe you can turn it off.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Won my big money league 83.96 - 83.2

Lost my other two by putting up the fewest points this week and putting up 2nd most vs highest scoring team.

FF is fickle.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

coronaball posted:

Nope

Eligible designations - IR (Injured Reserve), Out (O) and Physically Unable to Perform (PUP).
Ineligible designations - NA (Not Active), P (Probable), Q (Questionable), and SUSP (Suspended).

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

OxySnake posted:

Won my big money league 83.96 - 83.2

Lost my other two by putting up the fewest points this week and putting up 2nd most vs highest scoring team.

FF is fickle.

Week one I don't care as much about winning as I do scoring a bunch. I'd rather lose a barnburner than win a low-scoring match

That said, I also won my bml by 0.8 against the 3rd highest scoring team (14 team league)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dude took Kittle & Alfred Morris for Zach Ertz.

🤷‍♂️

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Nope

Eligible designations - IR (Injured Reserve), Out (O) and Physically Unable to Perform (PUP).
Ineligible designations - NA (Not Active), P (Probable), Q (Questionable), and SUSP (Suspended).

D (Doubtful) is also ineligible

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Dude took Kittle & Alfred Morris for Zach Ertz.

🤷‍♂️

There ya go, much better deal for you

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I got a trade offer late last night:

Their:
Allen Robinson
Derrick Henry

My:
Dalvin Cook

This is obviously not a good trade, but I took a look at their roster and they’re clearly desperate for a RB (starting Henry and Kerryon Johnson with Carson, Penny, and Wilkins on the bench), and in addition to Cook, I’ve got Zeke, Breida, Marlon Mack and Ingram.

If I countered with the same offer but replacing A-Rob with Devante Adams, would I be screwing myself? He’s got AB as his WR1 but Dev would easily be WR1 for me.

PPR .5, for reference

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

89 posted:

I threw Kittle + Alfred Morris for Ertz back at him. I'll see if he takes that. 50/50 chance.

Don't just trade for the sake of trading. Being active in fantasy football is fun but I'd be more patient before trying to marginally improve your team.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Offered Burkhead and Fuller for Fournette. Seems fair given the uncertainty, but really doubt many would take it.

It's a fair trade, no?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

dkj posted:

Offered Burkhead and Fuller for Fournette. Seems fair given the uncertainty, but really doubt many would take it.

It's a fair trade, no?

No way

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

dkj posted:

It's a fair trade, no?

I'd counter this trade offer with a picture of my nutsack, hope this helps.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

dkj posted:

It's a fair trade, no?

I'd call you an idiot and offer you a dumber trade.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

dkj posted:

It's a fair trade, no?

That's...very bad.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Well let's hope he's dumb then.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Half PPR league, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Jay Ajayi, Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson, Carlos Hyde, Tarik Cohen
WR: AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, Stefon Diggs, Alshon Jeffery, John Brown, Kenny Golladay
TE: Tyler Eifert

So my opponent rejected my offer of John Brown and Tarik Cohen for Josh Gordon. She countered with two offers:

1. Send Carlos Hyde and Kenny Golladay to received Josh Gordon.
2. Send Stefon Diggs and Kenny Golladay to receive Josh Gordon and Cooper Kupp.

I already rejected the second trade outright; Golladay looked great against the Jets in spite of Stafford looking terrible, and Hyde is a serviceable RB2. I'm wondering if there are any alternatives I should trade. So I have some questions:

1. Do I even need Josh Gordon? I feel like he's a good player to have on my team since I'm not required to start him and yet if he shows upside it would be a great option.

2. If I can use Josh Gordon, who should I target to sell?

3. I'm hoping to grab George Kittle or Jared Cook off the waiver wire. In that case would you drop Tyler Eifert, or drop Tarik Cohen and stash both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

How worried should I be about Philly defense this week @TB? They did well week 1, but TB destroyed New Orleans defense last week, so I don't like the matchup.

Usually I stream defenses, but I was thinking about trying to stick it out with a team for a little while this year. Week 2 already has me nervous and rethinking that, though.

edit: I should notice Dallas vs. NYG is available.