Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ikanreed posted:

Y'all guys know the problem with fukashima was that they couldn't do a shutdown in time, right?

Even token corporate responsibility will keep Brunswick from meltdown

and it still only killed one (1) guy, from a heart attack, and an uncertain and very low number of additional cancer cases in people in from the area.

the power plants are a non-issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Stairmaster posted:

We already are one

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This owns

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?

ikanreed posted:

so we're doomed

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if 99% of every hurricane has taught me anything its that by the time the storm actually hits the coast it'll probably weaken to a cat 2 and everyone will be like 'shouldnt have evacuated lol'

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

and it still only killed one (1) guy, from a heart attack, and an uncertain and very low number of additional cancer cases in people in from the area.

the power plants are a non-issue.

Cancer issues were more likely from the coal plant that blew up as a result but of course it's the nuclear plant that scares people

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

if 99% of every hurricane has taught me anything its that by the time the storm actually hits the coast it'll probably weaken to a cat 2 and everyone will be like 'shouldnt have evacuated lol'

Oh totally, do this everyone

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

tbf the immediate coast isn't and that's mostly yankee retirees so if they go it's no big loss

They won't, tho. All those people evacuated to their second/third homes and have insurance that will pick up the pieces after their property gets destroyed.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Doorknob Slobber posted:

lol my dumber friends in new orleans always say this

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol my dumber friends in new orleans always say this

I know one dipshit who's like on his way to virginia beach for a beach trip today

"it's in zone b", he says, "we won't get the brunt of it"

he's going to die.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's probably the best outcome

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

zegermans posted:

the death toll will not exceed 100 :toxx:

cc: Logik, Cpt McClaine

i mean they could pull a Puerto Rico and just say the death count is way lower than it actually is, sure

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

I know one dipshit who's like on his way to virginia beach for a beach trip today

he's going to die.

hurricane surfin braaaah

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i hope the hurricane hits dc too and annihilates it

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

he's going to die.

lol, its one thing to not evacuate, since people in strong homes on higher ground or whatnot don't have to add to the chaos of evacuation, but actually going TO the coast is a special kind of stupid

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

logikv9 posted:

zegermans will win because they'll pull some low-ball figure out of their rear end while standing on a pile of dead drowned corpses

it doesn't count as a death if the body got dissolved by a pig poo poo coal ash super acid

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol, its one thing to not evacuate, since people in strong homes on higher ground or whatnot don't have to add to the chaos of evacuation, but actually going TO the coast is a special kind of stupid

the 2011 japan tsunami should have been a non-event by the time it reached america

however there was one (1) fatality, in oregon or washington i think, from some dude who heard "tsunami warning" and thought "whoa i'm gonna go to the beach"

:rip: his lil death crew soul

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
There goes my plan to own the zegermans!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Harvey was only 80 some dead though. If it does not landfall at cat 4-5 then the danger is flooding, and in general not that many die from floods they know are coming since you need to be trapped in some way to avoid rescue completely. Like in that warning list earlier, it's people in cars, the elderly, and children most at risk since grown adults can often clamber into a roof or something and avoid actually dying.

So hopefully he is right.

Harvey was different because it sat on Houston for a week straight, conveyor belting the gulf into the city until it pushed the crust an inch into the mantle - this seems like it would be more of a Rita-type situation. Or not, whatever.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
has anyone worked out what America did to incur god's wrath yet?

is it gay marriage?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

its the cabal of cspam posters crankin it to the song of storms on the coast

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

XMNN posted:

is it gay marriage?

ray nagin implied in his chocolate city speech that it was god punishing america for invading iraq

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

XMNN posted:

is it gay marriage?

I'm pretty sure it's just run of the mill capitalism

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

XMNN posted:

is it gay marriage?

Insufficient greatness

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmao this guy is going to die horribly

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We made the ocean too hot now it's breaking up with us.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

XMNN posted:

is it gay marriage?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

reignofevil posted:

We made the ocean too hot now it's breaking up with us.

It's actually coming in for a big hug.

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hurricane surfin braaaah
looking at the surf cam for croatan, 2-3 foot closeouts whoopie loving doo

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NWS/status/1039573996981956608

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

infrastructure week's gonna be a humdinger this year

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Poniard posted:

its the cabal of cspam posters crankin it to the song of storms on the coast

It's actually insufficient cranking. The storm gods do not suffer low-energy cranking lightly.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

eonwe posted:

lmao this guy is going to die horribly

yeah im following him now :munch:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Eye walls have reformed. Hurricane force area is much larger now, albeit with a slightly lower potential for peak winds.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

infrastructure week's gonna be a humdinger this year

Is it not infrastructure week?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the infrastructurricane

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

s o n i c a t t a c k s e s h

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

how much infrastructure can we make out of the radioactive toxic hog poo poo coal ash slurry? will it make some sort of superconcrete?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Poniard posted:

how much infrastructure can we make out of the radioactive toxic hog poo poo coal ash slurry? will it make some sort of superconcrete?

you have to fight the supermutant hogs for it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ikanreed posted:

Y'all guys know the problem with fukashima was that they couldn't do a shutdown in time, right?

Lol rip north Carolina