Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

thrawn527 posted:

Handy, thanks.

Looks like it would take it from speed 145 to 146. Don't know how much of a difference that would actually make in battle.

These things matter most when the ships are otherwise maxed, because barring TM manipulation, that extra point with Chimera means yours goes first and ults first (if the fight drags out that long)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

thrawn527 posted:

Oh wait, I missed my G12 gear. No speed difference at all with that last zeta. Thanks!

I was kicking myself for not using the calculator to figure out that a Max gear thrawn gains nothing from his 2nd zeta for chimaera speed :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rocket_Magnet posted:

I was kicking myself for not using the calculator to figure out that a Max gear thrawn gains nothing from his 2nd zeta for chimaera speed :(

Throopers is a super good TW D though

I regret nothing.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So for fleet arena pilots you want level 15 5-dot mods. Do these need to be gold now or is level 15 5-dot enough?
Before the mod change all these would automatically be gold.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh that's why I stopped gearing up Pheonix, all of their GLs now require raid only mats.

Okay, no zeta on Tarkin, though I had no idea that those effected ships.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Anything that increases pilot galaxy power effects ships, because ship stats are largely based off of the ship star multiplier (so 1.5x for 7*) multiplied by your pilot GP. zetas make a big difference because each one is 2k+ GP for the pilot, whereas g12 gear is only like 230 GP per item.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

rocket_Magnet posted:

It'll help when you start dropping 6* mods on him though, you only need to give him one to get him +1 speed instead of 3

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

So for fleet arena pilots you want level 15 5-dot mods. Do these need to be gold now or is level 15 5-dot enough?
Before the mod change all these would automatically be gold.

I just did some :science: on this and switched my sun fac between full gold mods and full grey level 15 5 dot mods.

Sun Fac gains 500 power and his ship gains 1200 power from switching to gold, but the stats of the ships are unchanged.

So, unless you’re trying to pump GP for TB through the double dip, you don’t need to worry about mod rarity for your pilots (setting aside six dot, of course.)

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
What is the best NS zeta for Sith Raid?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Burning_Monk posted:

AV lead.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Asajj is the better str lead zeta, MT is the better arena/twar lead.

I rearranged my EP mods to give him 107% potency (so 142% with lead) and I swear it's gotten worse. I've had multiple arena fights where he didn't land a single stun, and I haven't had a full team stun since I switched them up.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

It'll help when you start dropping 6* mods on him though, you only need to give him one to get him +1 speed instead of 3

lol, hell ya, my Chimera is 155

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

Hockles posted:

AV lead.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Asajj is the better str lead zeta, MT is the better arena/twar lead.

OTOH

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

One time I did a NS run that perfectly bridged p3 and p4. That was satisfying.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

One time I did a NS run that perfectly bridged p3 and p4. That was satisfying.

I can only do like 2% of P3 with my AV team.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Burning_Monk posted:

Honestly, you need at least two and probably three to do well.

For P4 (the classic), you need, in order of priority, A.V. Lead, A.V. Unique, Talzin Unique/Daka Unique (equal-ish importance). You can start with just the Ventress lead and do okay damage and keep adding more as you add each additional zeta.

For p3 (the new hotness), you need Talzin Lead and AV unique. Full stop both are mandatory the team just fundamentally doesn’t work without both. You also really really really really want Daka’s unique. You can still do like 4m without it, but it’s gonna be way more difficult and you’ll hate yourself and also with it you can do more like 8-10m or more.

P3 takes fewer zetas to reach its maximum potential, but needs more Zetas to get off the ground.

Either way though, you need at least A.V. unique for both, so if you’re only gonna do one nightsister zeta right now, it’s an okay option. Or either lead because having a zeta NS Lead (either one) is broadly useful.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

CaptainPsyko posted:

Honestly, you need at least two and probably three to do well.

For P4 (the classic), you need, in order of priority, A.V. Lead, A.V. Unique, Talzin Unique/Daka Unique (equal-ish importance). You can start with just the Ventress lead and do okay damage and keep adding more as you add each additional zeta.

For p3 (the new hotness), you need Talzin Lead and AV unique. Full stop both are mandatory the team just fundamentally doesn’t work without both. You also really really really really want Daka’s unique. You can still do like 4m without it, but it’s gonna be way more difficult and you’ll hate yourself and also with it you can do more like 8-10m or more.

P3 takes fewer zetas to reach its maximum potential, but needs more Zetas to get off the ground.

Either way though, you need at least A.V. unique for both, so if you’re only gonna do one nightsister zeta right now, it’s an okay option. Or either lead because having a zeta NS Lead (either one) is broadly useful.

I was considering Rampage but AV lead also seems really good and I just don't know how useful MT's lead is.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

I was considering Rampage but AV lead also seems really good and I just don't know how useful MT's lead is.

it allows you to auto basic bastilla teams with an acolyte

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Burning_Monk posted:

Better than A.V. lead for TW IMO.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Could you make a quick guide to this team?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Could you make a quick guide to this team?

No need for him to make one, there’s one out there: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uLDHEihCR71w1N7TByMxlh-WbQi8UArjQZRJJ9Qxpuc/edit

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
I'm terrible at this game and I just don't understand how Thrawn's Ebb and Flow Zeta (or even the ability itself) is all that great. Can someone explain it to me?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rand Ecliptic posted:

I'm terrible at this game and I just don't understand how Thrawn's Ebb and Flow Zeta (or even the ability itself) is all that great. Can someone explain it to me?

While he has fracture up, he counters everything you throw at him (and his basic is one of the strongest basics in the game) plus he is basically immune to debuffs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rand Ecliptic posted:

this

Defiance Industries posted:

While he has fracture up, he counters everything you throw at him (and his basic is one of the strongest basics in the game) plus he is basically immune to debuffs.

Plus, he puts speed up on opponents that can be removed by your own dispells. Once removed, it puts up AB. When Thrawn basics someone with AB, he stuns them.

You're gonna spend like a 1/2-1/3 of thrawns play time in fracture, so you want to capitalize on that by giving him high counters. The zeta also allows your special usage while fracture is up to strip TM, depriving your target of even more turns.

It's a great zeta, and works because it makes one of the best toons in the game better at what he does best.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

And just in case you thought "okay well if he counters everything I will daze him" Thrawn thought of that too. He'll resist your daze. BECAUSE HE IS THRAWN AND HE KNEW YOU'D DO THAT.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay I'm convinced to make E&F my next zeta. But that's only because I'm avoiding the second of Ezpz's.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
does E&F actually make a difference in arena though? guess Im still on the boat of not thinking its worth it

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

does E&F actually make a difference in arena though? guess Im still on the boat of not thinking its worth it

In general, absolutely, yes it does.

Right now, while Traya Lead is everywhere... it kind of makes things worse. Like I said upthread, I’m a huge fan of the Thrawn unique zeta but you’re not crazy for holding off in the current meta specifically.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

CaptainPsyko posted:

In general, absolutely, yes it does.

Right now, while Traya Lead is everywhere... it kind of makes things worse. Like I said upthread, I’m a huge fan of the Thrawn unique zeta but you’re not crazy for holding off in the current meta specifically.

My arena shard doesnt have many trayas, yet. so I guess I should prioritize E&F more than I have been. I just did roll with the punches so I wont have another zeta for a while. How would you rate it compared to EPs unique? I was probably going to do that or r2 next

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

My arena shard doesnt have many trayas, yet. so I guess I should prioritize E&F more than I have been. I just did roll with the punches so I wont have another zeta for a while. How would you rate it compared to EPs unique? I was probably going to do that or r2 next

There's a reason we call it the EZPZ meta. You should get both EP's zetas if you're running an EP lead arena team.

E&F is good no matter where you run him, as Thrawn is one of those toons that manages to work his way into just about any comp.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
New kits are out for Jango Fett, Xanadu Blood (Cad's ship), and Zam rework. Come to discord for hot steamy Jango/Boba incest fanfic & strategy discussion.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

fishtobaskets posted:

New kits are out for Jango Fett, Xanadu Blood (Cad's ship), and Zam rework. Come to discord for hot steamy Jango/Boba incest fanfic & strategy discussion.

quote:

Leader: ANYTHING TO GET AHEAD
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Scoundrel allies have +30 Speed and all enemies have -40% Tenacity. Enemies have -20% Potency for each debuff on all Bounty Hunter allies. Enemies that are suffering from Burning cannot gain bonus Turn Meter. Bounty Hunters gain +35% Offense when they have Bounty Hunter's Resolve.

Holy poo poo.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Jesus.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Jango: Pick me, first hit on DN's free :q:

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Storytime from a newb trying to beat the Thrawn event:

OMG, I think I might win! I've killed off all the trash and only Chopper is dead. All I have to do is use Ezra and Hera assist calls on Zeb to chain stuns on Thrawn and I should win....Smash cut to Thrawn immediately killing Zeb:

Fuuuuuuck. Maybe I can still do this though, he is low on health and I still have my top damage dealer, Ezra. With Ezra and Hera assisting each other, this should still be enough damage. Thrawn executes Ezra:

Not like this. Not like this. Well, I still have Hera and she can do some decent damage. Thrawn is at critical health and....Thrawn kills Hera.

gently caress Thrawn. gently caress this event. gently caress this game. I could have beaten this is if he just killed Kanan instead. Now I just have Kanan and his dumpster damage isn't enough to Finish off Thrawn. Kanan will surely be killed next turn. gently caress

Kanan's hit *Crits*. Victory for the heroes!

Took me an absurd amount of tries over the course of the week, but I managed to beat the last tier of the Thrawn event at lvl 77. Team was G9 with 1 omega on Ezra's basic. The amount of luck this took was absurd. Pretty sure I could retry this event with my current team another 200 times and not get another win. gently caress Phoenix, I'm an Empire boy now.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ha, that's awesome, congrats! Especially getting him before level 85. If you've been keeping up with arena at all, you should be able to rule that place.

I'll say that after the anger hangover wears off, don't write off Phoenix long term. They have a ton of use in TB and TW. But yeah, I get wanting to never look at their stupid faces again after beating the Thrawn event.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know I shouldn't buy the big cards, but I bought a LS Card and while everyone else I got was someone I already had at 7*, it gave me a 6* Rose and 97/100 shards of Vet Han. I'd say that was worth it.

And there's the last 3 shards to get Vet Han to 7*. Now to start the slog for Vet Chewie.

Maybe I'm failing at the last Thrawn because i'm using Sabine instead of Kanaan?

EDIT: Nope. Thrawn's side still gets locked into a endless cycle of heals and attacks that I can't do anything about outside of counter attacks.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 12, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

I know I shouldn't buy the big cards, but I bought a LS Card and while everyone else I got was someone I already had at 7*, it gave me a 6* Rose and 97/100 shards of Vet Han. I'd say that was worth it.

And there's the last 3 shards to get Vet Han to 7*. Now to start the slog for Vet Chewie.

Maybe I'm failing at the last Thrawn because i'm using Sabine instead of Kanaan?

EDIT: Nope. Thrawn's side still gets locked into a endless cycle of heals and attacks that I can't do anything about outside of counter attacks.

The recommended line up for taking down Thrawn is indeed no Sabine. Other people have posted good write ups earlier, but it's been long enough for me that I don't remember the strategy anymore.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
You either roll without sabine or without ezra, whichever one is weaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

While bringing Kanaan is probably a good idea, don't 2nd guess yourself too much. 7* thrawn is a horrible RNG slog at the minimum gear levels and more or less requires brute force iteration to overcome.