Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ChaseSP posted:

The problem is ng+ quickly becomes a grind due to bullet sponge enemies who quickly kill you and the legendary/drop tables in general were really nerfed from BL1 to BL2. Also ultravaulthunter is just plain unfun to play due to how bad the stat scaling for enemies get.

Why would you want to NG+ it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

A trip through bl2 was like 30 hours long and by the end I was way more interested in starting over with a different character than doing ng+

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

lets hang out posted:

A trip through bl2 was like 30 hours long and by the end I was way more interested in starting over with a different character than doing ng+

Yeah, I'm with you. I never tried NG+ or any of the ultra-hard stuff because I just wanted a mindless shooty game with cool guns, but if that's your thing I can see it being disappointing for you guys. It's also not the type of game I'd ever expect the Zaibatsu to look at for more than a Machinima episode or whatever, mostly because with all the side quests and back-tracking it'd be LP poison, but also because it'd be Pat on the controls and you just KNOW he'd use a controller.

Sorry, I'm still salty about the Brigador video.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Burkion posted:

The only problem with Borderlands 2 with friends is that you get massively overpowered for any encounter after a short while.

Did they fix the balancing at least? The Siren in BL1 was so much stronger than every other class at midgame onward, that anybody playing them would massively outstrip the rest of the party if playing with 4 people.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Justice Sloth posted:

Did they fix the balancing at least? The Siren in BL1 was so much stronger than every other class at midgame onward, that anybody playing them would massively outstrip the rest of the party if playing with 4 people.

Nope, the only characters worth using if you venture into NG territory are Maya (the Siren for BL2), Krieg and Salvador.

The reasons for this are that Maya naturally deals elemental slag damage which is vital for debuffing enemies which the game demands you do, Krieg and Sal on the other hand are borderline immortal god slayers with the right talents.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 11, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh gently caress yeah, crymetina critiques the bad pervy fighter game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqlcpwP9XLg&hd=1

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Judge Tesla posted:

The reasons for this are that Maya naturally deals elemental slag damage which is vital for debuffing enemies which the game demands you do

I mean, I guess that's a little better than "Siren just kills them harder and faster than everyone else by a factor of 2 and never takes damage"

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Captain Invictus posted:

oh gently caress yeah, crymetina critiques the bad pervy fighter game

mat thinks cows the animals are not cute and that no one likes them, wow

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Futaba Anzu posted:

mat thinks cows the animals are not cute and that no one likes them, wow

Don't kid yourself Futaba Anzu, if a cow ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you care about!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cows are as cute as they are stupid

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Watching the DMC1 playthrough made me realize that A: I need to finish my own playthrough that I barely started a month or two ago and B: Jesus I am such a scrub compared to them. I died like 10 times to the goat skull dude in the waterways and that's like the easiest boss in the game. :negative:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

ChaseSP posted:

The problem is ng+ quickly becomes a grind due to bullet sponge enemies who quickly kill you and the legendary/drop tables in general were really nerfed from BL1 to BL2.

They were really nerfed during BL1, due to the existence of a room with like twenty high end treasure chests you could reach in like fifteen minutes. Drops got re-balanced around opening a top tier chest every forty seconds. Then they released Borderlands 2 which, huh, didn't have that room in it. How about that!

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
I'm yet another person who enjoyed the ridiculous-guns-constantly-shooting-crazy-bullshit action of Borderlands but quit because the endgame and loot system were dogshit.

Are there any FPS Diablo likes that actually have a good endgame? Man, if you could weld a good Diablo bit to Bulletstorm that would be aces.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tupperwarez posted:

I'm yet another person who enjoyed the ridiculous-guns-constantly-shooting-crazy-bullshit action of Borderlands but quit because the endgame and loot system were dogshit.

Are there any FPS Diablo likes that actually have a good endgame? Man, if you could weld a good Diablo bit to Bulletstorm that would be aces.

someone is going to say destiny and theyre wrong

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm going to be pretty interested to see the boys opinions on Handsome Jack since only Matt has a bit of knowledge about him, the old thread on here was full of people who had no idea who he was as well. :allears:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Futaba Anzu posted:

cows are as cute as they are stupid

Yes

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm going to be pretty interested to see the boys opinions on Handsome Jack since only Matt has a bit of knowledge about him, the old thread on here was full of people who had no idea who he was as well. :allears:

tales' version of handsome jack is an actual character instead of a disparate collection of obnoxious quirks so they're going to get whiplash either way

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

tales' version of handsome jack is an actual character instead of a disparate collection of obnoxious quirks so they're going to get whiplash either way

Son of a taint!

There's is exactly one decent scene in the main borderlands games with Handsome Jack, and it's when he pays you to kill yourself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ya'll over here talking about Handsome Jack and Borderlands gameplay and I just can't wait for them to slaughter Felix like he's nothing more than an insignificant Goomba and discover that Dragon tattoo on Vaughn's back.

Also really thankful for this Marlow Briggs compilation coming out so quickly because I wanted nuthin to do with it.

Edit: Totally called Matt slaughtering everyone at every opportunity.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 13, 2018

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Matt being really bad at making friends in this game is a legit downer. The relationships are so good.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
But it'll be more satisfying when he gets an arc and characters comment on it.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Pat just started a Spider-Man stream at 1 in the goddamn morning.

Pat what are you doing.

Edit: He's spent the last 10 minutes saying "Wah." into the mic because Elmo stepped on a cable somewhere and jacked up the volume.

Edit 2: He broke the mic.

Edit 3: Now he's carrying an old kickstand around with him to talk into.

Edit 4: He fixed the mic and just chugged a goddamn Red Bull at 1:20 am

Edit 5: Oh man he's acting SUPER weird.

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 13, 2018

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Nilbop posted:

Edit 5: Oh man he's acting SUPER weird.

So basically just Pat,then.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nilbop posted:

Matt being really bad at making friends in this game is a legit downer. The relationships are so good.

This is a 🔫 channel now. No friendships, only targets.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ok, I just got to the Moana restaurant story from a few bestcasts ago and hoo boy

Either they were getting pranked or those people really just don't give a single gently caress at all about anything huh

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Invictus posted:

Ok, I just got to the Moana restaurant story from a few bestcasts ago and hoo boy

Either they were getting pranked or those people really just don't give a single gently caress at all about anything huh

Normally I'd agree with the prank idea, but why would they let Matt and Crymetina know they weren't there with their spouses? Seems like a weird thing to joke about just to make some people feel uncomfortable.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I will never tire of “surely you will get the karkland” and how much it gets Pat

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Oxyclean posted:

I will never tire of “surely you will get the karkland” and how much it gets Pat

I'm at that part of the podcast right now as I type this, and it absolutely kills me.

another star of this week's podcast is "The investor-wasps asking where's the fortnite money? You should do a fortnite"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i appreciate the mutual rage-off over DmC in today's update

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oxxidation posted:

i appreciate the mutual rage-off over DmC in today's update

Also I'm glad that everyone has been made aware Jonathan Jacques-Belletete either insisted Adam Jensen be modelled after him, or he modelled himself after Adam Jensen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yakuza 0. podcast. Where do I go?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

God the Tales Episode 2 title sequence is SO GOOD.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Wiseblood posted:

I own Tales and never played it but this LP is making me install it right now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wiseblood posted:

the only title sequence i don't like that much is episode 3's, and it's merely okay rather than fukken genius like all the others

nothing beats the funkiness of the very first one in my mind though

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's bizarre how good this thing is

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It's stuff like Tales from the Borderlands that really shows you Telltale just need good material to make a fun game.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's still visual glitches all over the drat place. How many times has Sasha weirdly flickered on the spot despite doing absolutely nothing?

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Dabir posted:

There's still visual glitches all over the drat place. How many times has Sasha weirdly flickered on the spot despite doing absolutely nothing?

The Telltale Tool is a fickle and incompetently constructed beast, but it's nice to see it presenting content that actually makes you want to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So uh, I beat Majima's sidestory in Kiwami 2 and uh... How many more games before he's fully a Dynasty Warriors character and knocking out 50 dudes in one punch?