Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

CascadeBeta posted:

Tired: I can't wait to put fun hats on my Pikachu :)
Wired: I'm going to box my Pikachu immediately.

Why would you ever want to box this bad boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Inspired: box the Pikachu and then permanently release it into the wild

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm predicting that it won't even be able to be boxed considering it seems to be your tool for doing anything HM-related in the world and also your Itemfinder.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vinylshadow posted:

Why would you ever want to box this bad boy?

Can't evolve into the actually good pokemon Raichu.

Boxed and released instantly.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
cant wait to put a hat on that pikachu

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Alxprit posted:

I'm predicting that it won't even be able to be boxed considering it seems to be your tool for doing anything HM-related in the world and also your Itemfinder.

You have a box in your bag now, so that's how you can still use it for HM related stuff, but I doubt you'll be able to release it. And the Yellow Pikachu could be boxed no problem.

At the same time, Pikachu will be perfectly usable in the game, since it has confirmed higher stats than regular Pikachu and of course is getting a better movepool. If you could trade it forward to Gen 8, then it with a Light Ball might make it good! Well, RU at a stretch.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Crosspeice posted:

At the same time, Pikachu will be perfectly usable in the game, since it has confirmed higher stats than regular Pikachu and of course is getting a better movepool.

And also because this game will be so easy that even an Unown could solo it

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I used to always box Pikachu in yellow because it's garbage, so I'm glad they're giving Eevee and Pikachu things in this game to make them possibly worth keeping around.

Although they are much cuter in this game anyway, so

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Dressing up and playing with Pikachu/Eevee seems to be the focus of the game anyway. I don't know why you'd bother playing the game if you're not going to do that.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

less laughter posted:

And also because this game will be so easy that even an Unown could solo it

That's actually the weird thing, the more we see of the trainers and Pokemon being used, they're actually higher levelled and stronger than the previous Kanto games. Like Starmie has Scald, Erika's Vileplume is the highest level it's ever been (also not a Gloom like in Yellow) and there are some late route trainers that have Pokemon in the 40s, which only Victory Road trainers had. It'll be interesting to see how this game ends up if they balance the level curve of Kanto's awful route design of "maze with a bunch of trainers in it" and with the physical/special split.

Also since it's Kanto Pokemon only, there are plenty of incredibly terrible and low BST Pokemon with barely any coverage to use to make the game harder!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Huh, having a box in your bag is kinda interesting.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tired: there's no point in an Eevee that will never evolve
Wired: there's no point in a Pikachu that will never evolve

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Inspired: there is no point in Eevee nor in Pikachu

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vinylshadow posted:

Yay, Eevee has elemental moves that it will never get STAB for

Yay. Eevee can hopefully give better type coverage to its evolutions!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The Eevee that gets those new moves is blocked from evolving.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I'm going to buy either Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu!/Evee! and enjoy it. Because I have a nephew that likes Pokemon and I think he would like it.

Alchem
Oct 28, 2007

I have to find her!
I think the best new feature of Let's Go Pikachu is how angry it has made some people.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

less laughter posted:

The Eevee that gets those new moves is blocked from evolving.

It would be nice to be able to send it to other titles to evolve it like in Yellow, but of course that won't happen.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Alchem posted:

I think the best new feature of Let's Go Pikachu is how angry it has made some people.
If my team that's copy-pasted from Smogon won't work in this game, I'm quitting Pokemon! :argh:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Alchem posted:

hm.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I think it's cool and good to have pokemon that are comfortable as what they are, and they should make it more of a thing to not punish players for liking their smaller, unevolved friends.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Put abilities back in and give protean to starter Eevee imo.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think that the special moves Eevee learns will be added to the moveset in Gen 8, that's my hot take for today

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Gruckles posted:

Put abilities back in and give protean to starter Eevee imo.

Protean would be extremely fitting for Eevee.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Yo, does anybody have a contrary snivy with HP rock on it? I got a shiny hoopa with your name on it. I actually I got two full boxes of shinies at this point I don't want so take your pick.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bleck posted:

I think it's cool and good to have pokemon that are comfortable as what they are, and they should make it more of a thing to not punish players for liking their smaller, unevolved friends.

There are definitely unevolved pokemon that are better than what they evolve into, but I will never accept Pikachu or Eevee as examples of them.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Eevee is cuter than any of its Kanto evolutions, and that's what really matters.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
That's hogwash, Jolteon and Vaporeon are among the best and cutest Eeveelutions*.

* The other best ones being Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Bleck posted:

Eviolite was a mistake

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

less laughter posted:

That's hogwash, Jolteon and Vaporeon are among the best and cutest Eeveelutions*.

* The other best ones being Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon.

Flareon is significantly cuter than spiky rabbit and fish face, but still doesn't come close to Eevee.

Sylveon is the only one that does, and Leafeon if you squint a little.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Leafeon is the cutest forever.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Put more eviolite-like items in the main games imo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eevee exists for the sole purpose of being Sylveon's first stage.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Sylveon is a garbage trashfire and one of the worst pokemon designs in the series.

Most of the rest of the Eeveelutions are fantastic too. But it has huge hosed up soulless eyes, flesh ribbons and a hunger for human flesh.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zore posted:

Most of the rest of the Eeveelutions are fantastic too. But it has huge hosed up soulless eyes, flesh ribbons and a hunger for human flesh.

This is a bad thing?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Zore posted:

But it has huge hosed up soulless eyes, flesh ribbons and a hunger for human flesh.

I know, that's what makes it so cool!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Zore posted:

But it has huge hosed up soulless eyes, flesh ribbons and a hunger for human flesh.

All the best fairies do! :D

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Yeah all Fairy-types should have something messed up and creepy to them, to stay true to actual fairy tales as they were originally intended.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Historically, fairies and the fair folk occupied the same place that space aliens and Lovecraft horrors occupy now in the human imagination. The term "Eldritch" used to refer to the fair folk and the fair folk are called "The fair folk" because calling them anything else will incur their wrath.

Mawile, Mr.Mime, Mimikyu and others perfectly encapsulate that idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

overall it’s vaporeon espeon + sylveon flareon umbreon the rest but sylveon is deffo the cutest