Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Yeah, Dissly going to be a major disappointment. Last year, the Broncos gave up the third most points to fantasy tight ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thinking the rams are going to a similar tight end streamer. Usually the case with dominant corners

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

the_american_dream posted:

Thinking the rams are going to a similar tight end streamer. Usually the case with dominant corners

Have you considered that this is what we've all been waiting for and Jared Cook is that good? :v:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

So what's my best bet for a TE from the WW?
I'm looking at Cook, Ebron, Dissly, Njoku and RSJ as names that are available in my league.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Njoku or Ebron. I still can't trust Cook.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Chernabog posted:

So what's my best bet for a TE from the WW?
I'm looking at Cook, Ebron, Dissly, Njoku and RSJ as names that are available in my league.

Njoku or Cook for my money.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I have no idea what to make of Cook.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
^ same. We’ve seen this before. But we still want to believe.

Just in case it hits this year, I want in sooner than later.

Alfalfa posted:

I’d offer Ekeler for Kittle in a heart beat. A RB5 for a TE2 who might creep into TE1 conversation is a solid trade.

:respek:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have no idea what to make of Cook.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Split on this waiver claim: I have Watson at QB and Engram at TE and Mahomes and Kittle are on the waiver wire (10 team league), who should I prioritize as a bench stash / insurance? I doubt I can get both, plus there's only really one guy on my bench I'd want to drop. 0.5 PPR redraft, no crazy rules or anything.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bobby Cox posted:

Split on this waiver claim: I have Watson at QB and Engram at TE and Mahomes and Kittle are on the waiver wire (10 team league), who should I prioritize as a bench stash / insurance? I doubt I can get both, plus there's only really one guy on my bench I'd want to drop. 0.5 PPR redraft, no crazy rules or anything.

Patrick Mahomes could be a top-five QB this year and Deshaun Watson could end up outside the top-fifteen.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Expected to see Raiders 89, also happy to see 87.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

Spoeank posted:

Patrick Mahomes could be a top-five QB this year and Deshaun Watson could end up outside the top-fifteen.

Man Watson must've looked real bad on Sunday, I know the line's a problem too. I'll shoot for Mahomes, thanks!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is Enunwa worth an add in 1 PPR? He looks like he may be getting force fed that ball by Darnold.

Bench is crowder, Alex Collins, Brandin Cooks, Tevin Coleman, and Alf Morris.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
PPR do I grab Lindsay or Yeldon? Have the number one waiver pick

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Bobby Cox posted:

Engram had some bad breaks, like a 30 yard bomb called back due to oline holding, and was against JAX. Kittle is a sidegrade. Mahomes is the much better stash.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I picked Cook, maybe he will have a decent game against the broncos. But I've got pick 12 so I'll just grab whoever if he doesn't clear.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Sataere posted:

QB - Luck, Carr, Smith, Mayfield
RB - Kamara, Henry, D. Lewis, Hyde, Burkhead
QR - Diggs, ARob, Watkins, Godwin, Golladay, Fuller, J. Washington
TE - Ebron, Eifert, Goedert

Are you giving up avWR to get Zeke?

I’d much rather roll:
Kamara, Zeke, Lewis, Hyde, Burkhead
Than most dynasty RB combos, but if you have to play 2 WR and are giving up one of those I might be more hesitant.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Here’s a trade that only makes sense in dynasty as I’m competing this year and next then it’s rebuild time.

Give: Bell & Julio
Get: DJ & Lockett

Scoring is:
RB: .5PPR; .4 PC, .1 PPY
WR: 1PPR; .1 PPY

Only reason I made the trade wasn’t because of Bell’s holdout, but because i also own Baldwin and went from contender to donkey in 1 week.

If I as in win now mode I never would have made that trade especially since it’s a salary/contract league.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, looking back at what that deal would be, Mayfield, Lewis, and any one of those WRs behind Diggs and ARob or any TE is a steal for Zeke, assuming you can keep him for two years. Is there any salary-related effect of it that would require you dumping any one of value? Edit: this is for sataere

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Is Stafford worth holding on to? His bad night being the result of the play calling issue means he could still produce if they can fix it, but if the issue is the system then he could also be screwed for the entire season. I got him for a buck in both of my auction leagues, but the replacement options are guys like Handsome Jimmy, Keenum, Tyrod, Goff, Fitzpatrick, and in one league, Alex Smith.

I'm dropping him in a 1 QB league for Philip Rivers. Yeah yeah one game, but he looked terrible, he got beat the gently caress up (no way he's 100% next week), and apparently his signals and the offensive formations are so lazy and obvious that the Jets knew which plays were coming at all times. They also have a middling O-line and can't run the ball because they're the Lions, so their talented receivers are going to be well covered and he's going to throw a lot more INTs. I would replace him with someone like Alex Smith in a 2 QB league in a heartbeat.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Well played, goon sir.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I am tilting and thinking of spending an unreasonable amount of FAAB on Phillip Lindsay.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alfalfa posted:

Are you giving up avWR to get Zeke?

I’d much rather roll:
Kamara, Zeke, Lewis, Hyde, Burkhead
Than most dynasty RB combos, but if you have to play 2 WR and are giving up one of those I might be more hesitant.

We have to start three receivers. I'd for sure have to give up Mayfield, one of my RBs and probably someone else. If it costs me one of Diggs/ARob, I wouldn't do it. It'd be counterproductive for trying to win now.

sourdough posted:

Yeah, looking back at what that deal would be, Mayfield, Lewis, and any one of those WRs behind Diggs and ARob or any TE is a steal for Zeke, assuming you can keep him for two years. Is there any salary-related effect of it that would require you dumping any one of value? Edit: this is for sataere

All my contracts are cheap. I only have two players over $30 and the majority of my roster is under $10. I try to get a bunch of young guys for cheap and hope one of them hits and I can control them forever, because there is no limit on contracts.

I think you both see it the way I do. I'll definitely have to see if I can make something happen.

Alfalfa posted:

Here’s a trade that only makes sense in dynasty as I’m competing this year and next then it’s rebuild time.

Give: Bell & Julio
Get: DJ & Lockett

Scoring is:
RB: .5PPR; .4 PC, .1 PPY
WR: 1PPR; .1 PPY

Only reason I made the trade wasn’t because of Bell’s holdout, but because i also own Baldwin and went from contender to donkey in 1 week.

If I as in win now mode I never would have made that trade especially since it’s a salary/contract league.

That is a rough trade for you. I'm not sure it helps you win now if you are losing Julio after also losing Baldwin. I feel like I'm losing something in translation.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

This is loving brilliant.

I'm conflicted. I have a waiver claim in for Kittle (I'm so pissed at myself for not picking him up earlier), but I'm the 11th out of 12th. I could also put in a claim for Cook, but part of me is wondering if I should only burn the claim on Kittle in case one of my family members does something silly and drops a player like Doug Baldwin or something. Waivers reset each week so it doesn't matter beyond tomorrow.

Should I put in a claim for Cook, or roll with Eifert? I'm not terribly high on Cook either but who knows.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm not high on Cook either, but then again the WW is a wasteland.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Rate a waiver wire TE I've got an open spot (RIP)

Cook, Kittle, OJ Howard.

VietCampo posted:

Is Enunwa worth an add in 1 PPR? He looks like he may be getting force fed that ball by Darnold.

Bench is crowder, Alex Collins, Brandin Cooks, Tevin Coleman, and Alf Morris.

Everyone forgot that Enunwa was really good in 2016. Granted people were cautious because of the neck injury but his ADP dropped behind D'onta Foreman. Who is a running back trying to come back from an ACL tear expected back around midseason at best.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Everyone forgot that Enunwa was really good in 2016. Granted people were cautious because of the neck injury but his ADP dropped behind D'onta Foreman. Who is a running back trying to come back from an ACL tear expected back around midseason at best.

Well, the assumption was Robby Anderson, who had a good 2017, would be WR1 until proven otherwise. But unless there was some lockdown corner or other game-specific thing I missed, Enunwa's 10 targets to Anderson's 1 makes it clear who to target as the top fantasy receiver there, even if the balance isn't usually going to be that lopsided.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

One thing I will grudgingly admit is that Cook has a favorable matchup this week against Denver. They were bad against tight ends last year and judging by the Dissly hype this week, they are equally as bad.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Rate a waiver wire TE I've got an open spot (RIP)

Cook, Kittle, OJ Howard.

Kittle >>>> Cook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OJ Howard

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

sourdough posted:

Well, the assumption was Robby Anderson, who had a good 2017, would be WR1 until proven otherwise. But unless there was some lockdown corner or other game-specific thing I missed, Enunwa's 10 targets to Anderson's 1 makes it clear who to target as the top fantasy receiver there, even if the balance isn't usually going to be that lopsided.

Hell I assumed Anderson would still be WR1 with Enunwa being a solid option as a WR3/flex at worst. His ADP was literally 250+. The guy is owned in like 1% of yahoo leagues. People took a propofol nap on him.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
My RBs are looking grim with Fournette and Collins starting last week and Kerryon Johnson and James White on my bench. I’m going to drop another bench player to grab Yeldon but is Ekeler or Lindsey worth some FAAB money? I’m probably jumping to conclusions on Collins. He was great last year and that game was a blowout.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
In a deep league where only Phillip Lindsay and Jalen Richard are available, my current bid for Lindsay is $27 out of $100 and I am not sure it is high enough.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
I feel like I'm a year (or two) late on the the Jimmy Graham panic button, but is he a hold right now?

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is loving brilliant.

I'm conflicted. I have a waiver claim in for Kittle (I'm so pissed at myself for not picking him up earlier), but I'm the 11th out of 12th. I could also put in a claim for Cook, but part of me is wondering if I should only burn the claim on Kittle in case one of my family members does something silly and drops a player like Doug Baldwin or something. Waivers reset each week so it doesn't matter beyond tomorrow.

Should I put in a claim for Cook, or roll with Eifert? I'm not terribly high on Cook either but who knows.

Cook has traditionally been sketchy, but with Carr looking skittish and being unwilling to open up and really target all his receivers, it looks like Cook's going to be Carr's safety blanket dump-off target. He looks like he's going to be a real part of the offence going forward.

Cinci has AJG, Boyd, and now John Ross, plus Mixon, and Eifert's snaps are going to be limited. Cook is the upgrade here.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Miko posted:

I feel like I'm a year (or two) late on the the Jimmy Graham panic button, but is he a hold right now?

No, he's replacement level, typical TD-or-bust tight end at this point, especially on the Packers (and Seahawks last year)

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I'm going to put in a few waiver claims that I likely won't get at 12th spot. I have the following people I can think of dropping:

Courtland Sutton
Keelan Cole
Theo Riddick

much more on the keep end of things:
Tarik Cohen
Kenny Stills

I have Njoku at TE and was considering making a grab at George Kittle. Also looking at:
TJ Yeldon
Phillip Lindsay
Brandon Marshall

I would likely only drop one of my above players and make a play at all 4 of those in some order, dropping the same player from my team for each.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

ShaneB posted:

I'm going to put in a few waiver claims that I likely won't get at 12th spot. I have the following people I can think of dropping:

Courtland Sutton
Keelan Cole
Theo Riddick

much more on the keep end of things:
Tarik Cohen
Kenny Stills

I have Njoku at TE and was considering making a grab at George Kittle. Also looking at:
TJ Yeldon
Phillip Lindsay
Brandon Marshall

I would likely only drop one of my above players and make a play at all 4 of those in some order, dropping the same player from my team for each.

How is your roster this hard up? Maybe a run at Kittle and Lindsay but chill.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How is your roster this hard up? Maybe a run at Kittle and Lindsay but chill.

Because my bench is just adequate and I want to upgrade? This is what the wire is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Tight ends are the biggest headache - I don't think I've ever made it through a season without having less than three different dudes starting because they get hurt all the loving time