Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Oh my god, yessss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-12/national-anthem-kenmore-school-brisbane/10235792

quote:

Teachers at a Brisbane primary school have disciplined a nine-year-old girl for refusing to stand for the national anthem during assembly.

However, in a video posted on Facebook, Senator Pauline Hanson rejected the nine-year-old's views, saying "here we have a kid being brainwashed".
"I tell you what — I'd give her a kick up the backside," Senator Hanson said.
"We're talking about a child who has no idea about history — what we should do and what we need to do to pull everyone together, regardless of their cultural background — we are all Australians.
"This is divisive and I don't know what the other kids around her are thinking, but where is it coming from?
"This kid is headed down the wrong path, and I blame the parents for it for encouraging this — no, take her out of the school."

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

Anidav posted:

IWC is that you?

no im too busy pissing away money on defo cases to do the same for lowtax’s new neck

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
cool kid

e: and I see Bolt et al support the school's decision. but...free speech???

snoremac fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 12, 2018

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Indeed. Is it not true that you only get better by making mistakes? Surely step one is admitting you've made them.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Pauline getting real mad about a 9 year old's peaceful protest.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

bandaid.friend posted:

What happened with Hyper?

Closed down I thought. My husband had an impressive collection of that mag, he sold it on gumtree.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

im alan jones posted:

no im too busy pissing away money on defo cases to do the same for lowtax’s new neck

A brand new shitposting account, registered in 2009 and not used until today. How much money did you blow on lowtax back in the day bell jar?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

snoremac posted:

cool kid

Free speech is for when I want to call a Muslim a raghead or talk about them mincing poofs trying to convert kids through Safe Schools, not when others offend my delicate white sensitivities

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

cool kid

Free speech only works for these people when they or people they agree with are talking.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Measly Twerp posted:

A brand new shitposting account, registered in 2009 and not used until today. How much money did you blow on lowtax back in the day bell jar?

you can pay to change the regdate on your account :sureboat:

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

Measly Twerp posted:

posted in lf a few times with this lovely gimmick so im guessing they dissapeared from it when it got murked

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Measly Twerp posted:

this isnt my account, but i do have one from 2009 i don't use anymore :thunk:

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

hooman posted:

Of course you can... So Alan Jones lied and does in fact have enough money to help fund Lowtaxs spinectomy.

bell jar posted:

this isnt my account, but i do have one from 2009 i don't use anymore :thunk:

I was guessing based on the poo poo posting style more than anything.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hooman posted:

whoa can you

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Measly Twerp posted:

Of course you can... So Alan Jones lied and does in fact have enough money to help fund Lowtaxs spinectomy.

What is the latest lowtax spine status?

Is our dead gay comedy forum going to be die along with its dead gay comedy leader?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Some one buy her an account, she has a bright future in shitposting.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Maybe his eldest son "Low Rent" can step up to the mantle of King of the Goons.

and then proceed to start executing mods with large bore weaponry

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

hooman posted:

oh my god can it be 20th april 1969

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

What happened with Hyper?

The wrong people got in charge. This one guy started writing a column (Bad Cop, No Donut I think?) which was crap and suddenly he was all over the magazine with edgy shitlord humour. Spelling, presentation and everything else went downhill like the EIC was on holiday at all times so noone was doing real work.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Since when do we play the anthem in schools? I vaguely remember it but only once in a blue moon

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Since when do we play the anthem in schools? I vaguely remember it but only once in a blue moon

I used to hate it but never had the courage to do what this girl did, does she have a gofundme or something?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1039645826581028864?s=19

:capitalism:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Holy poo poo, this has GOT to piss off the Nats. Maybe not McCormack, but the back benchers are going to get flogged for this if it makes it into the national me-ohh

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

I had to sing the Anthem and God Save the Queen every Monday morning in assembly at school but that was forever ago and you expect that kind of thing at private schools.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Isn't there some truth to this? I have been reading some stuff in the agricultural newspapers and saw a thing on landline and there are definitely farmers that were much better prepared for the drought than others.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Every morning at my primary school, every week at my high school. The sum total of which resulted in a lot of detentions for me tbh

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Mine played it at weekly assemblies. In primary we had to sing it.

Amazing that a nine year old can so powerfully own a bunch of supposed adults.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Howard ramped up the jingoism to the nth, esp for primary, so if you finished high school in the 90s you might've missed it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

G-Spot Run posted:

Howard ramped up the jingoism to the nth, esp for primary, so if you finished high school in the 90s you might've missed it.

Compulsory flagpoles for every school.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You might call it The Drought We Had To Have.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Hyper fell off a cliff when Cam Shea became editor, he was their best reviewer but a God awful head.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Isn't there some truth to this? I have been reading some stuff in the agricultural newspapers and saw a thing on landline and there are definitely farmers that were much better prepared for the drought than others.

The answer is to support them in a way which advances our green-left agenda, rather than just hanging people completely out to dry

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

The answer is to support them in a way which advances our green-left agenda, rather than just hanging people completely out to dry

Aren't farmers capitalists though?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I'm guessing the ones losing out due to the drought are probably the ones who're actually just trying to make a living off the land; not the 10th generation businessmen who inherited a million hectares of cattle farm from dad.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

School assemblies. I went to the dingiest public school my parents could find but somehow we had to sing not only the national anthem but a school anthem as well. It was sung at the slowest funeral march tempo, making it difficult for untrained kid vocal chords and attention spans to endure.

National anthem sucks because it is difficult for untrained singers. When we ditch the queen and replace the governor general with an indigenous committee we will have earned the right to a pub rock sing-a-long anthem befitting Australian vocal talent standards.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I mean we should be promoting sustainable farming practice and helping people when hard times come and encouraging them to save (with incentives) when good times are in.

You fell off the bottom rung of capitalism suck a dick dumbshit is the worst attitude to take, because that also applies to homeless people, underemployed, single mothers, redundant workers etc. etc. etc.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Aren't farmers capitalists though?

not after we’re done with them :getin:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Collective farms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Moon Atari posted:

National anthem sucks because it is difficult for untrained singers. When we ditch the queen and replace the governor general with an indigenous committee we will have earned the right to a pub rock sing-a-long anthem befitting Australian vocal talent standards.
Replace the national anthem by something written by Archie Roach and Paul Kelly

• Locked thread