Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Hello I am the CEO of imgur and I would like to make mr. higbeeandassociates aware that lowtax personally has a gun to my head and is muttering "more hitler" over and over again under his breath please hurry your lawsuit is my last hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Guigui posted:

I don't suppose Higby and Associates have the license to use HELLO.JPG?

What if - and I'm just speaking hypothetically there... what if Higby and Associates have, say, a guestbook... And for some COMPLETELY UNRELATED REASON BEYOND LOWTAX'S CONTROL - hello.jpg is posted there, multiple times, by a gaggle of internet users all of various different IP addresses...

then would Higby and Associates be required to sue themselves for copyright infringement?

I tried to get them to sue themselves yesterday and Shauntece wasn't particularly keen on the idea.

AllNewJonasSalk fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 12, 2018

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Countersue for malicious prosecution and offer to settle for $1

keppke
Mar 3, 2013
This week's content is guaranteed, premier drama on menu. A Higbee rebutal would be perfect.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Honestly, though, that's a really poo poo Hitler cosplay. Doesn't even look like him. Who's actually proud of this shoddy work to take legal action over it being posted?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
that man is hitler you idiot

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
From their website:

quote:

Results portrayed are dependent on the facts of that case and the results may differ if based on different facts.

Sooo alternative facts?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Check out this surfing Hitler I found:

edit: Higbee you card!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Holy poo poo, whoever did this is loving hilarious.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Pararoid posted:

From their website:

Sooo alternative facts?

It’s more or less a, “just because this case won x fake money doesn’t mean you can, too.” Makes sure that they aren’t offering a guarantee of any settlement amount no matter what.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

onesixtwo posted:

It’s more or less a, “just because this case won x fake money doesn’t mean you can, too.” Makes sure that they aren’t offering a guarantee of any settlement amount no matter what.

Fair enough. Having just had my first real run in with lawyers I've got a bit of an aversion to the idea that facts differ based on perspective at the moment.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Pararoid posted:

Fair enough. Having just had my first real run in with lawyers I've got a bit of an aversion to the idea that facts differ based on perspective at the moment.

From my experience with them (having to work with them every day) Lawyers know very little about computers, if its online, they likely need their IT to find it.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Lowtax posted:

Ahaha this is amazing.

Also Higbee and Associates have a ton of youtube videos explaining how they do their evil poo poo, and the videos aren't comment locked. So, you know, if SA users wanted to fill the comments with memes...

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS

JoaoVitorBF fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 12, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

Honestly, though, that's a really poo poo Hitler cosplay. Doesn't even look like him. Who's actually proud of this shoddy work to take legal action over it being posted?

The lovely cosplayer isn't suing. The lovely photographer is. And even then, it's not the lovely photographer as much as it's the lovely law firm. The lovely photographer signed up to let the lovely lawfirm GIS his lovely photos, and then try to scare people with a lawsuit for using the lovely pictures. The lovely photographer probably has no idea that the lovely law firm even sent this to Lowtax "@AwfulOffice" Kyanka, CEO and President of the Internet.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 12, 2018

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Well now I have something else to "never forget' on 9/11! Hot drat!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
CEO and President

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shauntece, if you're reading this: a lot of people here have been in your economic position, and worked some pretty exploitative jobs. Doing this sort of work, whether it's at a law firm or a collection agency or a call center, is corrosive. It makes you bitter and angry and self-loathing. Just quit the job. The money isn't worth it. The damage to your health from stress alone will cost you more than you'll ever make.

When you do, register an account and come tell us about whatever parts of your experience aren't covered by an NDA.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Speleothing posted:

CEO and President

I can't believe I forgot that. I hope Lowtax doesn't sue me...

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Let's start a fund for Shauntece to get her an account for SA, so she can enjoy the fun of copyright infringement using images hosted different services.

Edit: Cause I doubt Higbee pays her enough to afford it.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I attempted to take over their listing and rename it Hitler & Friends but was foiled by Google's verification system. In five business days Mr. Higbee will receive a letter asking him to verify that he is indeed Mr. Hitler, owner of Hitler & Friends Law Firm.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

I attempted to take over their listing and rename it Hitler & Friends but was foiled by Google's verification system. In five business days Mr. Higbee will receive a letter asking him to verify that he is indeed Mr. Hitler, owner of Hitler & Friends Law Firm.

I think this might be the better outcome.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lowtax

on behalf of higfuck and associates i am informing you that my client (me) is charging you with the crime of not loving my rear end. you are hereby served with the afformentioned crime of nonassfucking and request that you do submit a plea documenting your reasons ergo for not to nonassfucking of my client. you have 30 days to respond aspoor the internet law.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Xenocides posted:

I think this might be the better outcome.

You may be correct. If every goon were to use this system it might be possible to flood their offices with letters from Google. It'd be like that scene in Harry Potter when the fat guy moved the boy wizard to a lighthouse.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

wait is thsi the image we cant use?? http://i.imgur.com/HhofEGo.jpg

Heil Hair loss.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Geez, purity testing in this of all threads? Is there some sort of hitler one-drop rule going on here???

Yes there's always the rule that is enacted when someone likes Hitler he gets a punch one dropped to his face.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Now what, Huggybee?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Ayo taxman Santa Ana Is like an hour away. Want me to pay a visit

Buy me a steak and I'm down to make a trip

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

FactsAreUseless posted:

Shauntece, if you're reading this: a lot of people here have been in your economic position, and worked some pretty exploitative jobs. Doing this sort of work, whether it's at a law firm or a collection agency or a call center, is corrosive. It makes you bitter and angry and self-loathing. Just quit the job. The money isn't worth it. The damage to your health from stress alone will cost you more than you'll ever make.

When you do, register an account and come tell us about whatever parts of your experience aren't covered by an NDA.

Also corrosive to your future career when someone googles your name and the first page has a comedy article about you trying to defend a picture of a Hitler cosplayer.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

my kinda ape posted:

Also corrosive to your future career when someone googles your name and the first page has a comedy article about you trying to defend a picture of a Hitler cosplayer.

I'd put that on my resume. Would be an improvement, to be honest.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"I want roast beef inside Higbee"

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Well now they're listed as a costume rental service

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

Captain Splendid posted:

The finest SS outfits in town.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Aww, they removed the Hitler picture from the Google listing :(

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Egbert Souse posted:

Just uploaded hitler to my imgur

suck my drat balls higbee

this is a good parody

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Captain Splendid posted:

Something something male prostitutes in three-piece suits

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Classy prison rape joke

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I think he might just be happy for the views and he'll delete the comments later?

Yes. I'm not seeing most of the comments.

Bored fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 12, 2018

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

fish and chips and dip posted:

Aww, they removed the Hitler picture from the Google listing :(

It's back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Lowtax posted:

:eyepop:

• Locked thread