Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

TotalLossBrain posted:

Eh like any Yakima county official is going to do anything about good ole boy stuff lmao

Qualifier: I live a couple counties over and that county is as redneck as it gets.

Yeah, the likelihood of Yakima County doing anything is practically nil.

I'm still giggling at the idea that Yakima is anywhere near Malheur, tho. That's like saying Seattle had something to do with Helena when the Unabomber got caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

K-kartupeļi?

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

SelenicMartian posted:

'Mushroom Composting Facility Accident'
:what:

'...3 fatalities, 2 serious injuries...' :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4-G08myaz4

As soon as I saw the shed I knew it was gonna be one of those confined space hazard situations where something displaces the oxygen or just straight up kills you on its own. Nasty stuff.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SelenicMartian posted:

'Mushroom Composting Facility Accident'
:what:

'...3 fatalities, 2 serious injuries...' :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4-G08myaz4

It happened again‽

Oh thank goodness. Its from 2011.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

luxury handset posted:

bet you're talking about this video (nsfw, someone dies)

That's a very poor copy of the first third of a staged training video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT-3WZ-23Ac
Credits start at 11 minutes.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

BattleMaster posted:

From what I've seen on the Internet the Dutch (aka swamp Germans) will fight to the death over this, saying that no it's not racist how dare you try to ruin my childhood, etc.

Europeans: "Europe is far more progressive and enlightened than racist AMERIKKKA!"
the same Europeans: "Americans are too overly sensitive about race and need to stop complaining about my country's tradition of 'spank the negro', where we send a man in blackface down the main street and everybody hits him with a switch to celebrate the expulsion of the Moors and Jews from the country in 1572"

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Yeah, the likelihood of Yakima County doing anything is practically nil.

I'm still giggling at the idea that Yakima is anywhere near Malheur, tho. That's like saying Seattle had something to do with Helena when the Unabomber got caught.

It's like that old "What if news reports about the US reported things like how the western media reports on the developing world?" satire.

From the Americas desk:

WASHINGTON DC - Australian wildland firefighters advising regional officials in the Oregon province 700 miles north of the regional capital of San Francisco came under fire last week when they were targeted by tribal hunters seeking to shoot animals fleeing the wildfires that have swept through the region. The Australian consulate lodged official complaint, but as of Monday local officials had declined to prosecute the hunters for fear of inflaming tensions that recently boiled over in the 2016 uprising by anti-government militants at the Malheur National Park.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Buff Skeleton posted:

As soon as I saw the shed I knew it was gonna be one of those confined space hazard situations where something displaces the oxygen or just straight up kills you on its own. Nasty stuff.

I've got a book on large ship maintainence from the the early 'teens that has a big section on confined spaces. It basically says never, ever, try to save someone who collapses inside of a tank when they're cleaning it. You'll be unconscious before you get to the bottom of the ladder.

It doesn't even suggest trying to save them. It just says it's all body recovery at that point. The iron rusts in the empty tank which sucks all the oxygen out of the air. You pass out without even knowing that anything is wrong.

It also mentions that the same thing happens in the chain room of a big ship. The rust steals all the O2.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

I did this once except with a pallet of 30 five gallon jugs of water. Those plastic jugs are pretty sturdy but when they pop it's like the splash zone on a water ride.

Only took the one time to remember not to be backing up (while looking behind of course) while lowering the mast at the same time. I'm just thankful it didn't happen with the glass jugs of fancy, overpriced spring water

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

C.M. Kruger posted:

Europeans: "Europe is far more progressive and enlightened than racist AMERIKKKA!"
the same Europeans: "Americans are too overly sensitive about race and need to stop complaining about my country's tradition of 'spank the negro', where we send a man in blackface down the main street and everybody hits him with a switch to celebrate the expulsion of the Moors and Jews from the country in 1572"

It's like that old "What if news reports about the US reported things like how the western media reports on the developing world?" satire.

From the Americas desk:

WASHINGTON DC - Australian wildland firefighters advising regional officials in the Oregon province 700 miles north of the regional capital of San Francisco came under fire last week when they were targeted by tribal hunters seeking to shoot animals fleeing the wildfires that have swept through the region. The Australian consulate lodged official complaint, but as of Monday local officials had declined to prosecute the hunters for fear of inflaming tensions that recently boiled over in the 2016 uprising by anti-government militants at the Malheur National Park.

It is at least more interesting, even if less accurate.

It reminds me of sitting around with the rest of the men from my family while the women were having a wedding shower inside, and were started trying to describe the even as if we were anthropologists talking about a tribal ritual.

"The shower is an important preparation ritual that must take place days before the wedding. The women will spend hours painting their faces getting ready for the gathering. All males will be banished from the house until it's conclusive, including the dog. Once the men are gone, there will be drinks, food, games, and then gifts for the bride to be. The women will exchange marital advice, and the older women will focus on sex. The old women seem to enjoy talking about younger women having sex, and revel in the bride's embarrassment at their questions and suggestions, which would be considered inappropriate in any other context."

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/YnlWWe2.gifv

https://imgur.com/a/Lt616ok

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That's dumb as hell. The indent on the top might indent your loving skull

Now, foam decorations on the outside of a real hardhat, like kids bike helmets, that could be cool

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is the non painted part of the posts supposed to be buried or something?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Correct. Look at where the ladder rungs start.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Buff Skeleton posted:

Funnily enough, I knew what was going to happen as soon as I heard the word 'composting'.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Bitcoin 4 Kids

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
Early prototype for the slide called the "jump"

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

it would make a decent tile saw if he made a water feeding system

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The blade is installed the wrong way. :goonsay:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
e: wrong thread

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

mostlygray posted:

I've got a book on large ship maintainence from the the early 'teens that has a big section on confined spaces.
What's the title? In case I can't avoid getting a huge ship.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

Ah! I've got a book that would be perfect for you then.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Powershift posted:

The blade is installed the wrong way. :goonsay:

Even as a grown rear end adult, my first instinct is to stick my finger in it.

There's a reason I'm not allowed near real power tools

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Renegret posted:

Even as a grown rear end adult, my first instinct is to stick my finger in it.

There's a reason I'm not allowed near real power tools

Or women.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

spog posted:

Or women.

How do you think I met my wife?

:mrgw:

Renegret fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Sep 12, 2018

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Renegret posted:

Well, if you're anything like your avatar, I imagine you met her at a park and just started going at it.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Renegret posted:

I assumed it was a helpdesk call that you never managed to end.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

I think you may need a different book for that problem:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Ah, one of the RIPline engineer's early projects! Really helps to illustrate how his ideas developed.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I want to go down a slide, but I'm also in a big hurry. There's got to be a better way!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

To be Captain Buzzkill here, those legs look like they have dirt/rust a fair amount of the way up the unpainted part. Meaning this has been in the ground and was removed and is sitting there post-removal.

edit: Not to mention you wouldn't put it just a few inches away from the domed thing.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

To be Captain Buzzkill here, those legs look like they have dirt/rust a fair amount of the way up the unpainted part. Meaning this has been in the ground and was removed and is sitting there post-removal.

edit: Not to mention you wouldn't put it just a few inches away from the domed thing.

They did it to add a little more chlorine into the gene pool.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

EPICAC posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.7b85f6ae00aa

I know a bunch of Dutch people here in the US, and only on or two were willing to admit that black piet was racist.
How many YTs do you know willing to admit the US is a racist country, for comparisons sake?
Not saying the Dutch arent racist (Ive lived there and experienced it first hand), but lets not start being ridiculous.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

evil_bunnY posted:

How many YTs do you know willing to admit the US is a racist country, for comparisons sake?
Not saying the Dutch arent racist (Ive lived there and experienced it first hand), but lets not start being ridiculous.

there's a bit of a difference between admitting the whole country is racist vs. the whimsical holiday tradition of a prancing blackface clown

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's not just that we've got this racist addition to a children's holiday, it's that we are always pretending that we are so considerate to other cultures and that we embrace them. gently caress that, if that really was the case a party who wants to basically abolish freedom of religion would get shot out of cannon instead of getting votes (not part of the governing coalition, but still).

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Trabant posted:

I think the Netherlands are my speed, both for having an OSHA topic as headline news and for (apparently) not being a trash fire of a country that generates other, far worse headline news.

Not a fan of combat sports, I take it?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Bloop posted:

That's dumb as hell. The indent on the top might indent your loving skull

Now, foam decorations on the outside of a real hardhat, like kids bike helmets, that could be cool
It's probably bump cap rated. The suspension does all of the work unless the shell is forcibly penetrated so the only down rating that gets is that the divot doesn't cause things to glance like a normal hat.

Good time to remind everyone if you ever whack your hard hat hard enough to think twice it's time to replace at least the harness and a broken connection between the harness and the shell means you're going to get brained nearly as hard as if you had no hard hat

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

evil_bunnY posted:

I think you'll find many American youtube videos admitting that blackface is a racist tradition