Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
What's the most fun ability in the game?

Because I'm pretty sure 'infinite laser' with Li-Ming's archon form is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ugh that thing is terrible and bad.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's terrible but it's very fun. Precision Strike is very satisfying, for my money.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

bamhand posted:

Ugh that thing is terrible and bad.

I just zapped a core from outside its firing radius

Spent the entire game following people around and nuking their targets from waaay in the back

edit: Her abilities are basically magic missile, chromatic orb and a purple Agannazar's Scorcher. Having grown up playing those isometric AD&D RPGs, this is awesome

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 11, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Archon's not that that bad, there are some good places to pick it. For something so silly I'm always surprised how decent it can be. It's for sure better when you're ahead but win-more isn't actually a problem for level 20 talents, sometimes the right thing to do is to win more.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Accretionist posted:

Not one spell specifically but hitting multiple heroes with kelthuzads entire combo is my favorite feeling in this whole game.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The correct answer is, and always will be, Haymaker.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'll probably have to go with planet cracker

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

HEY FRIENDS GUESS WHO'S GOING TO BLIZZCON

I'm going to try to get in the question line for the Heroes panels, let me know if there's a question you want asked (if it is better than the ones I plan to ask, I will ask it instead)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Kith posted:

I'm going to try to get in the question line for the Heroes panels, let me know if there's a question you want asked (if it is better than the ones I plan to ask, I will ask it instead)

abathur rework when lmao

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Kerrzhe posted:

i'll probably have to go with planet cracker

A planet cracker perfectly lined up with a Leoric entomb is one of the funniest things in the game to me.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

A planet cracker perfectly lined up with a Leoric entomb is one of the funniest things in the game to me.

Into the basket you go, ready to be D E E P F R I E D

Edit: the non-Fenix answer is successfully goomba stomping a chump with Muradin, something about his little ‘hup!’ as he jumps is great

Edit edit: also anything that traps an enemy is so satisfying, catching some poor bastard with a perfectly-positioned Zombie Wall is the entire reason I main Nazeebo

Dire Human fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 11, 2018

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Kith posted:

Ask why Tychus' so-called "Odin" is actually a Blackhammer Thor.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Accretionist posted:

It's actually Big Red Button but thanks for trying.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm really partial to the whole of Fenix' kit, even both Ults. It's somehow just so nicely put together that it feels lovely to play.

E: Runner up award goes to using Kelthuzad ult as a DOTA Sunstrike, and hitting people out of LOS as they try to juke or w/e.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

that valeera and hanzo spent the entire game running facefirst into muradin and then bitching at everyone

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Best feeling is goomba stomping a squishy with Yrel, and if it some how lives, you give that poor sucker a D-W hammer combo and send them flying backwards.

I do wish one of her talents would increase her knockback on a fully charged hammer.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
If you want to see master level one trick pony Samuro, this guy does that. https://www.twitch.tv/munkys

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

HitTheTargets posted:

Ask why Tychus' so-called "Odin" is actually a Blackhammer Thor.

dude this pisses me off so much, you have no idea

The reason that they used the Blackhammer is because it looks cartoonier than the Odin does thanks to being covered in decals and lights and poo poo. The actual Odin has a very specific Wings of Liberty texture aesthetic that doesn't fit the Heroes of the Storm style, so they just opted to use a different thing that was "close enough". Whether this was because :effort: or because deadlines is not something I'm privy to.

I'm really tempted to ask if the new Tychus Co-Op Commander's Odin has any chance of appearing in HOTS. It's still got the same core texture aesthetic that the Odin does, but it's been painted on a bit and is much more recent so maybe they'll bite.

minema
May 31, 2011
All my best feelings from this game were from old long range Azmodan, he may be Good now but I miss the dunks on people who thought they'd escaped me.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
1000 cups of gently caress you js actually a great ability for newbies. You don’t have much idea what’s going on but you save your teammate from death and your team will slowly negate enemy damage any kill them all

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I think potentially the most satisfying ability in the game is Nova's Triple-Tap with the Level 20 Fast Reload upgrade giving you a 3+ chain kill. But I suspect that's a 1-game in 100 event, even if you take the sub-optimal talents required.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Kith posted:

Where is Kloctus

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Wrong Place Wrong Time has the most satisfying *chunk* sound in the game.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Burrow will forever be my favorite ability especially on maps where you dig through open air.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Bogart posted:

abathur rework when lmao

I'm pretty sure they don't rework perfect heroes

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Re: Playing Lost Vikings

NeurosisHead posted:

I can't even handle Rexxar, let alone microing more models than that. I don't know how people manage it, but I respect the hell out of it.

In my case, rampant ADD combined with stubborn practice. For once, constantly shifting my attention is useful.

Ritznit fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 11, 2018

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Least satisfying ability though?

I'd put hungering arrow up there for sure. What a stupid ability. Minus the immortal it always feels useless

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Grimdude posted:

I'd put hungering arrow up there for sure. What a stupid ability. Minus the immortal it always feels useless

I dunno the arrow->vault->arrow combo is pretty satisfying to pull off

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Most Satisfying: Zombie Wall

Least Satisfying: Moonfire

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
The most satisfying thing are all the quest dings you get when you take In The Rhythm on Tychus. Doubly so if the enemy team can't/doesn't stun you.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I think the most satisfying is getting a good Sulfuras Smash. Or watching someone blow up from a perfectly led max range Arcane Orb.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

unpronounceable posted:

The most satisfying thing are all the quest dings you get when you take In The Rhythm on Tychus. Doubly so if the enemy team can't/doesn't stun you.

I miss getting the grill and kill dings. I want them to go off every time the fire procs, quest or no.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Grimdude posted:

Definitely not. Any ability that can kill someone outside of vision is satisfying.

For least-satisfying, Chen's barrel combo. You hit someone with alcohol and then you set them on fire! ... they are slowed a little and take a little bit of damage. Woo? Runner up would be Tyrael's move speed buff.

Most satisfying: A late-game Azmodan orb. BOOM BITCH!

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The most satisfying ones are Li Ming's mirrorball plus the missile bonus, they make such a satisfying sound when they all hit and a full mirrorball hit can simply wipe some heroes from 100 to 0 at once, and Murky's fish+tentacle combo.

Whitemane's crucifix attack feels a bit underwhelming, like it doesn't really do anything much, which is why you get to spam it I guess.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the balance in this game is kind of unreal sometimes. when i'm constantly going oom in fights (especially if it's two fights back to back) and getting outhealed by 20k by whitemane, whose mana never dips below like 75%. uther's mana costs need to be like, a third of what they are to come close because so much of his game time is spent going back to base to recover mana

Relin fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Sep 12, 2018

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Whitemane only actually has 1 ability that costs Mana (her basic heal, Q). I played her to 5 this week since she's free and I have no intention of ever buying her and to be honest, her playstyle is reasonably interesting if you take the W build and play like a Discipline Priest from WoW. But the numbers need to be adjusted, she's too good.

I think too many of the newer heroes (or reworked) have too much sustain. I played a game with Falstad today and was surprised to see myself OOM. Having recently played a lot of reworked Raynor and Hanzo, they might as well not have a mana-bar.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yeah don't play Uther until he's reworked. He is in a horrible spot.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

kaesarsosei posted:

Whitemane only actually has 1 ability that costs Mana (her basic heal, Q). I played her to 5 this week since she's free and I have no intention of ever buying her and to be honest, her playstyle is reasonably interesting if you take the W build and play like a Discipline Priest from WoW. But the numbers need to be adjusted, she's too good.

I think too many of the newer heroes (or reworked) have too much sustain. I played a game with Falstad today and was surprised to see myself OOM. Having recently played a lot of reworked Raynor and Hanzo, they might as well not have a mana-bar.

what she probably needs is clemency not to trigger the 75 mana back reward, because it's too easy to use. Just spam q three times and then 1 and you top up your team for zero mana and one 10 second cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Most satisfying:
Be Nazeebo.

Get level 20.

Accrue 175 stacks.

Achieve final form.