Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

ShaneB posted:

Because my bench is just adequate and I want to upgrade? This is what the wire is for.

Alright full opinion. It's week 1 we're super throwing darts for the most part as it stands. It might as well still be preseason.

Stills: I don't trust him but w/e
Courtland: sit on him. Manny and DT are over 30. He's already drawing targets and if one of them goes down that number only goes up.
Cohen: dear god why would you even consider dropping him?
Riddick: expendable but you're looking at sidegrades at best.
Cole: Perfectly fine.

Marshall: side to downgrade for what you have. For the love of god don't.
Yeldon: maybe a sidegrade from Riddick
Lindsay: see above
Kittle: yeah sure if you insist on burning a waiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

ffoecaf posted:

PPR do I grab Lindsay or Yeldon? Have the number one waiver pick

MrSargent posted:

My RBs are looking grim with Fournette and Collins starting last week and Kerryon Johnson and James White on my bench. I’m going to drop another bench player to grab Yeldon but is Ekeler or Lindsey worth some FAAB money? I’m probably jumping to conclusions on Collins. He was great last year and that game was a blowout.

Tiptoes posted:

In a deep league where only Phillip Lindsay and Jalen Richard are available, my current bid for Lindsay is $27 out of $100 and I am not sure it is high enough.

The Ekeler, Lindsey, Yeldon situation is a big one. This thread has been going tough on it. I'm in yahoo 0.5 ppr, and FAAB as well.

I think I want to gamble $27 for lindsay and Yeldon, as well as $16 for WR Dorset on the pats. Roster thoughts?

e: maybe grab ekeler? If I can get enough starting rbs I might be able to swing a trade for a decent wr. Dorset could be a good gamble, and there's geronimo from GB. Dede from jacksonville is also a sneak possibility but I am always skeptical of drafting jaguars wideouts.

Do I prioritize rbs or wrs for my FAAB pickups? Get rbs to trade for wrs?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 12, 2018

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Alright full opinion. It's week 1 we're super throwing darts for the most part as it stands. It might as well still be preseason.

Kittle: yeah sure if you insist on burning a waiver.

The main thing I hate about my league is resetting waivers. I am in first and hope to stay here so I'll always have 12. It's a bad system.

All good points though.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Do I drop Duke Johnson or Tarik Cohen for Chris Thompson? Lindsey is also available.

Starting Melvin Gordon, Derrick Henry and Devonta Freeman.

This league I'm in overvalues running backs to a ridiculous degree (1 pt per rush, 1 pt per 5 rushing yards).

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hey everyone, just a reminder that last year 90% of the hot waiver pickups for Week 1 didn’t amount to poo poo. Think twice about blowing significant portions of your FAAB!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MalleusDei posted:

Do I drop Duke Johnson or Tarik Cohen for Chris Thompson? Lindsey is also available.

Starting Melvin Gordon, Derrick Henry and Devonta Freeman.

This league I'm in overvalues running backs to a ridiculous degree (1 pt per rush, 1 pt per 5 rushing yards).

I say this as a Duke homer.

He's ppr dependent and fighting to be 3rd target in the pass game with a mobile QB. I'd go Thompson or Cohen in a minute r/n.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Drop both for Thompson and Lindsey.

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017

Miko posted:

I feel like I'm a year (or two) late on the the Jimmy Graham panic button, but is he a hold right now?

Last year he did nothing in the first four games, then scored 9 TDs in 8 games. I know that because I picked him up off waivers after week 4. Wouldn't drop him yet.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
NFL Fantasy League:

Tannehill is a free agent, I've got Luck starting and Carr on the bench, should I drop Carr for Tannehill?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

You probably don't need a backup QB with Luck.

Drop Penny for Lindsay? He cleared waivers.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 12, 2018

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Leagues with deeper benches should prob. take a closer look at Jonnu Smith.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I dumped Jamison Crowder, Ben Watson, and Theo Riddick for

Kittle, Lindsay, and Yeldon.

Week 1 overreaction is real

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Waiver day is like Christmas morning.

Someone dropped Evan Engram in my family league. For Eric Ebron. I swear this happens every year.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Sep 12, 2018

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Fun fact: Yeldon led the Jags this week in carries, red zone carries, targets, red zone targets, and total yards, despite only playing 62% of snaps.

Things I will still go to the mat for every single year: 1) Kenny Stills is a deep-ball ninja, 2) TJ Yeldon is a good 3-down back in a bad opportunity.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In dynasty (PPR), should I drop:

Ty Montgomery for Phillip Lindsey

and also

Cordarelle Patterson for Corey Coleman

?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

dy. posted:

Hey everyone, just a reminder that last year 90% of the hot waiver pickups for Week 1 didn’t amount to poo poo. Think twice about blowing significant portions of your FAAB!

Somebody in my league paid 80% of his FAAB for Lindsay and the other 20% for Golladay.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

on the bored wop posted:

Somebody in my league paid 80% of his FAAB for Lindsay and the other 20% for Golladay.
I mainly learned my lesson from being all aboard the Golladay train on Week 1 of last year. So definitely some strong memories.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ugh. Sometimes I hate being a commissioner, especially on ESPN. In the off-season I had to mess with waiver orders to accommodate some folks on vacation, and I set the order to non-resetting. Our league has never been that way during the regular season. Last night I saw that I had screwed up and changed waiver priority back (and fixed the order) and posted a notification.

Queue this morning and the guy who pays attention to the league more than anyone else complains and asks for things to be reset. Apparently even though our league has never used non-resetting waiver, and such a change absolutely would have been voted on, he didn't say anything and based his strategy on the change. This league is seven years old.

I can't fix anything and feel bad, but it pisses me off that ESPN sucks so much and it pisses me off even more that he noticed the change and said nothing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd be pissed if someone changed the rules mid-season too. Everyone can look at all the settings before the draft, before week 1, etc. You're blaming a guy for basing his strategy around a rule you set. :shrug:

Also, you normally use waivers that reset every week? Shame on you.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I'd be pissed if someone changed the rules mid-season too. Everyone can look at all the settings before the draft, before week 1, etc. You're blaming a guy for basing his strategy around a rule you set. :shrug:

Also, you normally use waivers that reset every week? Shame on you.

I'm irritated that he saw that the settings were different from every other year and said nothing. More people would have been screwed over had I not fixed it. If your league was one way for years and then without any kind of notification you saw that things were different you wouldn't say anything?

The waiver order is not my choice. I would have gone to non-resetting waivers or FAAB years ago but most people vote against it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm irritated that he saw that the settings were different from every other year and said nothing. More people would have been screwed over had I not fixed it. If your league was one way for years and then without any kind of notification you saw that things were different you wouldn't say anything?

If it was a weird setting that most leagues don't use, and it was changed to the proper one, no I wouldn't.

I played in a terrible league where the commish was new to fantasy football for a few years. The first few years we had 6 of 10 teams make the playoffs, which is incredibly stupid. One year he started the league up and I checked through the settings (ALWAYS DO THIS, NO MATTER WHAT), and saw that this year, 4 teams made the playoffs. I thought to myself, "Finally this guy realizes that the way he had been running the league was terrible." Me and a few other people noticed it, and spoke between ourselves about how it's good the commish finally came to his senses, and the league was better off for it. Queue week 8 when he changes the settings back to 6 teams making the playoffs, because he didn't notice the setting had changed until then. Also he was in 6th place at the time. :shepface: A bunch of people quit the league and it's dead now (thank god).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's not a weird setting. It's the ESPN default, or at least it was the default years ago. And this is a league where we vote on changes every year. The guy even admitted that he assumed waivers reset until he checked the settings the night before.

I hosed up and should have caught it earlier.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's definitely a weird setting. It's the worst possible way of doing waivers, I guess aside from no waivers at all, first come first serve free agency. Out of the countless leagues I've played in over the last 10+ years, only that one terrible league I mentioned used it.

Any setting that actively punishes owners for drafting well or having a good team is bad and weird.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Grabbed Lindsay off waivers and was offered Bilal Powell for him. Really not sure what to do there. 0 PPR. Leaning towards holding onto Lindsay because I think Crowell is going to dominate the Jets backfield, but Powell might be more likely to take the job outright than Lindsay is.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Sataere posted:

That is a rough trade for you. I'm not sure it helps you win now if you are losing Julio after also losing Baldwin. I feel like I'm losing something in translation.

I went from having 5 starters in a win now team - Bell, Baldwin, Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis, Julio to 3 starters with not much depth since I sacrificed that to get higher stud pieces - Duke, Dion Lewis, Julio.

I don't think Bell comes back until week 10 and will be in a weird situation splitting time with Conner or getting beat into the ground.

Making that move now gives me 4 starters again - DJ, Lockett (who should get a nice boost with Baldwin out), Lewis, Duke, & ASJ/Godwin/R. Grant/etc.

Last year Julio scored 273 points in this format, in 2016 DJ scored 540 points in this format (I don't predict him to score that high this year though... more in 450+ range), Lockett scored 215 points (so I'm thinking that will bump up to 250ish with Baldwin out).

Basically I'm gaining 450 + 235 (middle guess for Lockett) to replace the 280 from Julio I'm losing and whatever change Bell brings in after it's too late.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

It's definitely a weird setting. It's the worst possible way of doing waivers, I guess aside from no waivers at all, first come first serve free agency. Out of the countless leagues I've played in over the last 10+ years, only that one terrible league I mentioned used it.

Any setting that actively punishes owners for drafting well or having a good team is bad and weird.

I believe it's meant for casual leagues, with the idea being that bad teams still have a chance to compete against good teams. In reality the bad teams don't play the waiver wire anyway.

It took our league multiple votes to get rid of kickers. There's a portion of the group that's actively opposed to doing stuff that helps the folks who care about fantasy. It's a fun league and I love it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Standard Scoring League

Worth dropping any of these for Lindsay?

Kerryon Johnson, Alfred Morris, Rashaad Penny, Chris Carson?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alfalfa posted:

Standard Scoring League

Worth dropping any of these for Lindsay?

Kerryon Johnson, Alfred Morris, Rashaad Penny, Chris Carson?

maybe Penny. Especially after what Carrol said about Carson yesterday.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

maybe Penny. Especially after what Carrol said about Carson yesterday.

Yeah I put Penny in the same spot as Ronald Jones, a high upside RB who might be great later in the season but has little value right now.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Alfalfa posted:

I went from having 5 starters in a win now team - Bell, Baldwin, Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis, Julio to 3 starters with not much depth since I sacrificed that to get higher stud pieces - Duke, Dion Lewis, Julio.

I don't think Bell comes back until week 10 and will be in a weird situation splitting time with Conner or getting beat into the ground.

Making that move now gives me 4 starters again - DJ, Lockett (who should get a nice boost with Baldwin out), Lewis, Duke, & ASJ/Godwin/R. Grant/etc.

Last year Julio scored 273 points in this format, in 2016 DJ scored 540 points in this format (I don't predict him to score that high this year though... more in 450+ range), Lockett scored 215 points (so I'm thinking that will bump up to 250ish with Baldwin out).

Basically I'm gaining 450 + 235 (middle guess for Lockett) to replace the 280 from Julio I'm losing and whatever change Bell brings in after it's too late.

Ah, this makes more sense. I was trying to wrap my head around how giving up Julio for Lockett makes you stronger at receiver. :v:

RCarr posted:

I feel like you are letting your personal feelings towards this league setting distract you from the fact that Beer specifically said all rule changes are voted on. He's absolutely right to change things back and the guy who kept his mouth shut knew better, but was trying to gain a competitive advantage. It's fine to change things to the way they are supposed to be in situations like this.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

Ah, this makes more sense. I was trying to wrap my head around how giving up Julio for Lockett makes you stronger at receiver. :v:

I feel like you are letting your personal feelings towards this league setting distract you from the fact that Beer specifically said all rule changes are voted on. He's absolutely right to change things back and the guy who kept his mouth shut knew better, but was trying to gain a competitive advantage. It's fine to change things to the way they are supposed to be in situations like this.

I'm just saying if I was in that league I'd be upset. Mid-season rule changes always look shady no matter what. Every league is different so if it's all family and close friends, then maybe it wouldn't be a problem. I feel like in a competitive league it would cause issues though.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"mid-season" is a stretch, this is the first waiver period following the start of the season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Poque posted:

"mid-season" is a stretch, this is the first waiver period following the start of the season.

Should have said during the season, my bad.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

Should have said during the season, my bad.

To be clear: any rule changes after money has been collected are bad and should come with the opportunity for a refund.

However, if there are default rules that everyone knows and the setup is wrong, that's a different conversation, because enforcing the existing rules (by fixing an error in setup) is not the same as changing a rule.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
1point ppr 6 point td: T. Cohen or P. Lindsay

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Since I have Kittle I just dropped Eifert for the Bears, even though I already have Denver. The schedules seem to synergize well.

Denver: OAK, BAL, KC, NYJ, LAR, ARI, KC, HOU, BYE, LAC, PIT, CIN, SF, CLE, OAK

Chicago: SEA, ARI, TB, BYE, MIA, NE, NYJ, BUF, DET, MIN, DET, NYG, LAR, GB, SF

So combining them:

Week 2: Denver (OAK)
Week 3: Chicago (ARI)
Week 4: Chicago (TB)
Week 5: Denver (NYJ)
Week 6: Chicago (MIA)
Week 7: Denver (ARI)
Week 8: Chicago (NYJ)
Week 9: Chicago (BUF)
Week 10: Chicago (DET)
Week 11: Denver (LAC)
Week 12: Chicago (DET)
Week 13: Chicago (NYG)
Week 14: Denver (SF)
Week 15: Denver (CLE)
Week 16: Denver (OAK)

Week 11 is the worst and obviously projecting to the end of the season is a bad idea, but at least for the start of the season having two really solid defenses with good schedules should be useful.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you can swing that trade go for it. Mixon could be an elite player.

I might go Lindsay, Yeldon, the Ekeler. Lindsay looks to have a permanent role, Yeldon's role is contingent on Fournette's health.

Poque posted:

Because it's 0.5 PPR I would expect Ekeler to be more valuable - he's getting few carries, but more meaningful targets. Lindsay should be good and I'd target him second. Yeldon is too contingent on Fournette so I'd put him third.

Honestly having a shot at any of those is good.

Thanks for the feedback guys...both Lindsay and Ekeler got sniped but I was able to grab Yeldon.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Need some advice regarding my team. I feel I have a very strong team with my obvious weak spot being TE. Bench in brackets.

QB - Cousins, (Mahomes)
RB - AjayI, Howard, Conner, (Ekeler), (Mack)
WR - A.Brown, Hilton, (C.Davis), (A.Robinson)
TE - Eifert

I would like to upgrade Eifert and possibly have a more permanent RB solution since Conner won't start for the whole season (or will he?) Also, I hate carrying two QBs and dont know which one to move forward with. I dont see myself ever starting Ekeler and both Davis and Robinson should be good to fill in the flex or for bye weeks. Should i stand pat and ride it out or try upgrading?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Spoeank posted:

Deion Jones no :negative:

Why yes, I will take AFC defensive player of the week TJ Watt to replace Deion, thank you waiver wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Should I drop Calvin Ridley or Sammy Watkins to golloday? .5 ppr