Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a special rebroadcast has been made for british people with a rename of Diddly Bangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i heard that it's going to be after 9pm in america 'cos they can't see a gun without getting hard

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
A JoJo Feature in Spur, a women's fashion magazine

https://twitter.com/tao_na_bao/status/1033906401721106432

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The last time one of these character sorters went around, it was largely devoid of pt 8 characters - looks like this one is up to date through Poor Tom.
https://kirby64corruptions.tumblr.com/

Mine's honestly pretty bang on, though I'd probably swap Aishou and Kakyoin.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also I don't know if this is the game that Namco Bandai was talking about being in the works, but they released a big update to one of their lovely mobage that basically completely changes the gameplay.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

The last time one of these character sorters went around, it was largely devoid of pt 8 characters - looks like this one is up to date through Poor Tom.
https://kirby64corruptions.tumblr.com/

Mine's honestly pretty bang on, though I'd probably swap Aishou and Kakyoin.

It has Jouta Kujo.

Why does it have the egg.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Those things always take forever, and I always run into the problem where I don't remember each and every Stand user of the week.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I got 90% of the way through and accidentally hit refresh.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I misclicked Pocoloco ahead of Yasuho and it threw the whole thing off, she should be way higher (prob #9). It felt like a lot of these ratings got set in stone really early on and I could barely affect them afterwards. Also for some Godforsaken reason Pesci isn't on there instead of one of the massive number of worthless one-panel losers, otherwise he'd be here for sure. I think this is way weirder to use than the stand rating one, because I kept ping-ponging between judging people based on how good of a person they are and judging people based on how purely interesting they are. For stands it's a much simpler "which is better", so that one felt super accurate in the end.

At least it got #1 right.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Joshua bin-Joseph best JoJo, highly rated JoBro.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Archenteron posted:

It has Jouta Kujo.

Why does it have the egg.

I think the only characters I rated lower were Angelo and Stroheim

Oh and Caesar

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jouta owns, Charmy Green best Stand

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why wouldn't Jolyne's brother be on the chart???

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQATAWAL_Is

Chibberwocky
Nov 14, 2012

I’m in Japan on holidays and I got to see the Jojo exhibition that’s up at the moment at the National Art Centre today! Some really cool huge colour artworks and lots of manga spreads with notes written all over them. Only downside was they had an awesome tin of lollies with Kakyoin rerorero-ing on them for sale but they were sold out :( I can share some pics of the exhibition if people are interested (I usually lurk on SA so I’ll have to figure out how to post pictures).

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yes please!

Just use an image host like imgur and use the [img][/img] B.B. code for the urls

Chibberwocky
Nov 14, 2012

Poster for the exhibition:

They also had lots of these flags all over Roppongi near the station:

The exhibition design was really cool but you weren’t really supposed to take photos except for the big print wall:

I didn’t realize I wasn’t supposed to take photos of the manga spreads so I had taken a few before I realised.

Araki also made a custom huge artwork of 10 or so of the “characters with the most interesting silhouettes” at human scale which was really cool to see. They also had a making of video of him painting them! He’s crazy awesome with an airbrush.

Merch! I bought some of the postcard sets, a lot was sold out.

It was really cool and I also enjoyed seeing all the variety of Japanese fans! Quite a few old ladies getting excited about it! :)

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

God that exhibition looks so cool

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That exhibition looks amazing, thanks for sharing

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Wait, there’s a Jojo exhibit in Tokyo?
Welp, guess I know where I’m going tomorrow.

Chibberwocky
Nov 14, 2012

All the sessions were sold out today, hopefully you can get tickets! My Japanese friend got them for me a few weeks ago from Lawson’s.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for sharing, Chibberwocky. That was off the hook. :allears:

Chibberwocky
Nov 14, 2012

Oh I forgot to say they also had some cool sculptures of like an artists’ impression of stands emerging from the body, as well as some fashion mannequins doing some jojo poses with repeating jojoesque patterns projected onto them.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Thanks for sharing. If I wasn't having a baby I'd be on the next plane.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I want some Rero Rero Candy

Chibberwocky
Nov 14, 2012

I’m going to Akihabara tomorrow in the hopes of finding the candy there!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's 4pm on Wednesday and I just loving realized that Akira Otoishi's plan to defeat Joseph Joestar was to crash a plane into him.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

It's 4pm on Wednesday and I just loving realized that Akira Otoishi's plan to defeat Joseph Joestar was to crash a plane into him.

Oh my god

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

never forget

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Schwarzwald posted:

HOLY poo poo!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Schwarzwald posted:

Lol

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks for sharing. I love it when Iggy is drawn with realistic dog face proportions.

Chibberwocky posted:

I didn’t realize I wasn’t supposed to take photos of the manga spreads so I had taken a few before I realised.

That's only if you take one photo... but if you take a hundred...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Rohan at the Louvre cover full piece is even better than the book cover. Goddamn

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can say a lot of things about Araki and his art but when he wants to, motherfucker blows most other manga artists right the gently caress outta the water.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Chibberwocky posted:

All the sessions were sold out today, hopefully you can get tickets! My Japanese friend got them for me a few weeks ago from Lawson’s.

They’ve been sold out at every convenience store I’ve checked. :( (I’m assuming it’s part of the Jump event in Roppongi). Well, thanks for letting me experience it vicariously through your photos!

Oh, and let us what you find in Akihabara! I usually can’t seem to find much Jojo merch outside of figures, keychains, and bromides nowadays.

Chibberwocky
Nov 14, 2012

I only looked around Akiba Culture Zone because after spending all morning in Yodobashi Camera I was pretty over it all. I might get the energy to go back later in my trip!

Part 4 is my favourite so I was mainly looking for that stuff. I really want a good Josuke figurine but I don’t want to lug it around for 3 weeks so I might try to get it at the end of my trip. I’m deciding if I should get this one:
or this one: .

I am tempted by this good good pose though:

Apart from big figures I found tons of minis in one case but they’re a bit ugly imo

I did end up getting two blind box coasters from part 4 cos I loved the design and was happy to get all of them (except Shigechi):

(I would have loved the Tonio!)

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Josuke's really tempting but man that johnny would be awesome.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Okuyasu ( the poster) has that first Josuke in both black clothing and white. I'll give them a nudge to offer opinion if so

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hey hey! I do have both those and of the two I advocate strongly for the second Josuke (arms crossed over chest) because it just looks nicer. He is taller than you expect, pretty sturdy, and just looks good! I think it's probably the most polished looking Jojo figure I own.

The mini figures are more just fun things, they def are not attractive. It's just the only way to get a hot pants figure now, though I also have a few DIU ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
always go for Johnny Hoestar