Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Arguing about Star Trek?

He said a balance between, not a literal combination of the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

This is the stupidest take I've ever seen in my years on this forum. Being a sex offender is not a mental illness.

I emailed the American Psychological Association this morning to inform them that Noted Something Awful Forum Idiot Lurdiak thinks that the entry on Pedophilia should be stricken from the DSM-5, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Plastik posted:

I emailed the American Psychological Association this morning to inform them that Noted Something Awful Forum Idiot Lurdiak thinks that the entry on Pedophilia should be stricken from the DSM-5, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Being a sex offender

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty sure his objection was with the suggestion that a job helps you work through wanting to have sex with children.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm totally fine with sex offenders getting a second chance at life.

So long as they agree to chemical castration. You wanna be near kids? You have to get your goddamned crotch melted.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Please let there be comic book movie news soon.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty sure his objection was with the suggestion that a job helps you work through wanting to have sex with children.

I feel like getting from

Plastik posted:

There is little if any help available at all if you're not financially well off.

To the idea that one needs a job to get money to get help isn't that hard. The fact that this man has supposedly paid his debt to society and there's still people in here who are out for his job and genitals is another, entirely different problem, but you have to come to terms with the idea that his only realistic path out of mental sickness starts with having a job.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i keep coming back to this as a perfect summation of how loving stupid comics movie nerd culture is online

https://twitter.com/Ndymium6/status/1024503206985060352

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He should not work with children, full stop, and all the films he were put in were with children. If you want to do his a solid get him a job at manufacturing plant or something

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Race Realists posted:

i keep coming back to this as a perfect summation of how loving stupid comics movie nerd culture is online

https://twitter.com/Ndymium6/status/1024503206985060352

Which one are you referring to? Or both of them taken together?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1039875036973342722

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Digitally remove him from MOS/BVS, WB. Do it :getin:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

lmao welp

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's unfortunate because I feel given good enough material he could have made a great Superman film. I believe he did make a good one, but he could have made a great one.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Aw no CGI chin.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MoS moratorium extends to Warner Bros.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Honestly I'm ready for a break in superhero movies. I'm really burnt out on them. Plus it just causes so much chaos and arguing with fans.

So while this plus the potential Affleck leaving as Batman stinks, I'm not upset by it at all. And then over on the other side, Evans and RDJ won't be around forever.

I'm probably not making much sense because my coffee hasn't kicked in and I'm pretty tired.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So take one. It's easy.

You can do it and it doesn't have to affect anyone else.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Haha DC is screwed.

Just start over. It's probably not gonna be long before they lose Gadot. She's the only one worth keeping around, but they're going to have to recast Superman and Batman so goodbye to Justice League 2.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

pubic works project posted:

Honestly I'm ready for a break in superhero movies. I'm really burnt out on them. Plus it just causes so much chaos and arguing with fans.

You don't have to watch them or involve yourself in arguments. You have the superpower of self control at your disposal.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There are way too many people who say they are sick of superhero movies posting in the thread exclusively about superhero movies, I'm getting burnt out on them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Guys call me crazy but I'm worried about the future of the Cyborg movie.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I like superhero movies, such as 'star wars',

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

Haha DC is screwed.

Just start over. It's probably not gonna be long before they lose Gadot. She's the only one worth keeping around, but they're going to have to recast Superman and Batman so goodbye to Justice League 2.

I could see them paying her insane amounts of money to stay.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Actually I was thinking about Cavill in MoS and BvS lately.
To be honest he was I'll cast for what Snyder wanted to do with the character in those films. I think what Snyder wanted was an actor who could communicate more physically like Ryan Gosling or Tom Hardy. When he was given more Dialog to work with in Justice League he did fine. Hopefully he'll have better luck with The Witcher.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Haha DC is screwed.

I wonder how much hinges on Aquaman doing well. It does well, they focus their series around Wonder Woman and Aquaman going forward. It doesn't do well, they keep WW going as its own thing and just make loads and loads of Joker and Harley Quinn movies otherwise. :v:

It's the most Marvel-looking DC movie to me based on its trailer, which is sort of funny in light of that story about Jason Momoa signing autographs shortly after his casting was announced and writing "gently caress MARVEL" beneath his name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For all of JL's faults, once he was Superman again he as great. He was just a ton of fun as a happy, non brooding hero.

Oh well, now he can be Namor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wonder if he took the Geralt part knowing this was coming down the pipe

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh if you actually read that article there is no official statement. It's just THR making a conclusion that will probably be correct.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rhyno posted:

For all of JL's faults, once he was Superman again he as great. He was just a ton of fun as a happy, non brooding hero.

Nah that was the worst loving part, it was like watching a bad kids cartoon from there 60s

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Nah that was the worst loving part, it was like watching a bad kids cartoon from there 60s

Exactly.

Superman.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Oh if you actually read that article there is no official statement. It's just THR making a conclusion that will probably be correct.

How dare you actually click on an article

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

He'll be back in the next Mission Impossible (because the explosion at the end of the most recent one wasn't at a lethal level).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Marvel should just hire Cavil as Hyperion.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Which one are you referring to? Or both of them taken together?

the reply.

the 'DCEU Internet Edgelord Fanboy' just wont go away

not even after the popular reception of the Shazam trailer

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Race Realists posted:

the reply.

the 'DCEU Internet Edgelord Fanboy' just wont go away

not even after the popular reception of the Shazam trailer

Fair enough; didn't click through to the tweets so I wasn't sure where either of them was coming from.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Squadron is among what I'd consider the most unlikely to ever make the leap to the big screen. I'm sticking with my Namor idea. That way he can be a hero but also show off how much he can be evil as well.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I want more superhero stuff. I can't get enough. A big picture of all of the main MCU guys together would be so cool. Like what they did for Infinity War, but the Super Saiyan version.

That would be hilarious.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Fair enough; didn't click through to the tweets so I wasn't sure where either of them was coming from.

seriously

how do we get these brainless hogs out of this fandom?

the 'DCEU Internet Edgelord Fanboy' and 'Person who thinks Anime is for adults' form an almost perfect circle in a Venn Diagram :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SonicRulez posted:

I want more superhero stuff. I can't get enough.

Cool, because I have about 14 great ideas for Joker and Harley Quinn films. Wait no... don't walk away!

• Locked thread