Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkopath posted:

Mostly a gorf post but everybody can help if they want

MASS OF THE FERMENTING DREGS put out their first new album after they broke up in years and are independent now so buy the friggin album so they can tour and stuff

https://massofthefermentingdregs.bandcamp.com/album/no-new-world
Done. Loved the record, even if it was over before too long. Kinda like the summer between elementary and middle school. :sigh:

Still pretty good! :dance:

It's been a weird day today in the Something Awful forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

RME posted:

this is no ordinary eight-six

nani?????

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

someone on youtube claims that they drive a corolla nad get 700mi on one tank of gas..... i think theyre lying b/c i drive a corolla and i get about 200-250ish

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

i mean my aero is borked cyuz my front bumper is broken adn i liek to rev real high and go fast but still theres no way youd ecer get to 700 miles on one tank!!!!!!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dun dun dun

Edit: Also some more clearly fictional old man manager.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 12, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

dun dun dun
The Plot thickens!

chumbler posted:

Edit: Also some more clearly fictional old man manager.

What's this called?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wark Say posted:

What's this called?

https://mangadex.org/title/30159/imadoki-no-wakai-mon-wa

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Over so fast. :sigh:

Thanks for sharing though, chumbler! :)

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im reading DEAD Tube and its really fuckin bad. I cant get past chapter 6

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

You gotta blow on it first!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

read biomeat instead

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
apparently they did a what's michael ova specifically to sell laserdiscs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZLz1LQRnY

this looks amazing

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

apparently they did a what's michael ova specifically to sell laserdiscs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZLz1LQRnY

this looks amazing

There's two of them, even

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it seemed pretty good from the screenshots dav posted

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Board game club manga is getting an anime apparently.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

:sigh:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I hope it's good and not just a thinly-disguised ad for all the games they're playing with zero animation budget.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

I hope it's good and not just a thinly-disguised ad for all the games they're playing with zero animation budget.

They mostly play Euros but the werewolf chapter is one of my favs

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they might have played a ton of cool games since and we'll never know cause nobody is translating it

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

They mostly play Euros but the werewolf chapter is one of my favs

I know, I've read the TLed chapters!!!

I want them to have done a BattleCON chapter but that isn't likely to have ever happened. :(

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

since its nearing october I want to play fury of dracula

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

comedy answer for a chapter: they should have done forbidden stars

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

it would be a mistake if ffg never reimplemented that game without a licensed theme because its my favorite of the risk style ameritrash combat games

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

They probably will remake it with a different theme: they're already doing a rethemed Warhammer Quest iirc.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Meme Emulator posted:

Im reading DEAD Tube and its really fuckin bad. I cant get past chapter 6

Its the 2nd worst manga Ive tried reading in the last few months after Talentless Nana.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Its the 2nd worst manga Ive tried reading in the last few months after Talentless Nana.

You can only blame yourself

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I can absolutely and categorically not blame myself for trying out new Manga. I can and will blame the japanese writers, artists, editors and consumers responsible instead.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I can absolutely and categorically not blame myself for trying out new Manga. I can and will blame the japanese writers, artists, editors and consumers responsible instead.

What if, like the classic sci fi epic Butterfly Effect, your actions are causing the creation of the comics and you are therefore to blame...

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I reject your time symmetric view of causation.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That sounds like calvinist talk to me, I move flaps is banned for these infractions.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oh HELL Yea, I love this and they stopped scanlating it

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

K. Flaps posted:

Im a firm believer in the idea that any premise can be good, but DEAD Tube doesnt even try to explore its own concept in the first volume. It just rides it out as an excuse to fill out pages with violence and sex and nothing everyone does even makes sense. A single school trip results in like, what, 7 bodies and nobody even notices? Yea, the conceit is that the loser gets pinned for all the crimes committed during the making of the videos but that conceit doesnt hold up if people are just serial suicide very publicly. Youre gonna attract attention before the frame gets done dummies!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Picked up Girls Und Panzer for the third time and this time it 'clicked'.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Eela6 posted:

I watched the first episode way back when it first aired and wrote it off as not my cup of tea despite being really interested in the premise of girls crewing tanks. Then a couple of years ago I went to the Bovington Tank Museum, came home and watched the whole series start to finish.

It's great.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Eela6 posted:

I was evading enemies in Gondolia in DQXI and I ended up whispering "Operation Sneaky Sneak" under my breath

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1039854780477145093

Aerial girls...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Meme Emulator posted:

Im a firm believer in the idea that any premise can be good, but DEAD Tube doesnt even try to explore its own concept in the first volume. It just rides it out as an excuse to fill out pages with violence and sex and nothing everyone does even makes sense. A single school trip results in like, what, 7 bodies and nobody even notices? Yea, the conceit is that the loser gets pinned for all the crimes committed during the making of the videos but that conceit doesnt hold up if people are just serial suicide very publicly. Youre gonna attract attention before the frame gets done dummies!

It is absolutely horrible on every level. Theres like a billion manga about people forced into a battle royale situation and most of them are terrible.