Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Only if Sombra also gets her voice lines. Bleed, you filth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
did they have a ticket skin last year?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

AkumaHokoru posted:

did they have a ticket skin last year?

I think it was Winston last year and Bastion before that.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think it was Winston last year and Bastion before that.

that explains why I have not seen and not cared about any of them. I have about a total of a hour between all 3 heroes if even that much

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
If only I could pay the exact same price and not get the blizzcon ticket.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Also the Blizzcon Bastion and Winston are kinda crap skins where they just recolored them dull grey and put BLIZZCON on them somewhere. This is the first one that looks good.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
It is a fantastic skin I will never own

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can't be more costly then Pink Mercy from earlier this year.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I am happy the new map is not 2cp. This means the next one will be, though.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

BizarroAzrael posted:

https://twitter.com/unitlostgaming/status/1039833435144118273?s=19

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Que: this is desirable to me and as such should be free.

They made McCree's Van Helsing skin but it's Sombra.

But since it's a $40 exclusive it will never be in Junkenstein's Revenge.

Pretty messed up imo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I was able to have 3 people total on my Avoid as Teammate list after the patch last night. Strange it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I was able to have 3 people total on my Avoid as Teammate list after the patch last night. Strange it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes

There is a few changes that weren't mention. I noticed a few voice lines that haven't played in a while are working again like Ana ult line for on your side or Sym unique line with her magician outfit that haven't worked since her last rework.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Had a 22-0 run (with a 17-0 defense) rematch as Zarya on Volskaya today. She’s so fun when you get some charge and hang onto it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay 50 dollar for the Sombra skin is a ripoff, and this is someone who bought the Pink Mercy skin. I didn't care for the last two Blizzcon skins since they were lame repaints, but a unique skin that only tied to this is very lame.

[edit] Okay it becomes a evergreen skin in January probably like when Officer DVA and Oni Genji were made available.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 13, 2018

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Just make all skins available all the time. Just make them timed exclusives. No, I’m not bitter about not having the pre order skin on PC.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Liar Lyre posted:

Just make all skins available all the time. Just make them timed exclusives. No, I’m not bitter about not having the pre order skin on PC.

Even through I have Noire Widowmaker, I am surprise it never been avaiable for others to get.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Until we have briggie in the same getup as Johanna I don't really care what bliz brings out.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Last night I joined a group in LFG, things were very friendly. People were having a good time waiting for the last slot to fill. The host was silent.

The last person joined and a minute later we weren't queuing. Someone was like, "hey let's go." The host said, "we're waiting until I check profiles."

A dark cloud was cast over the group. Then the host told off someone cause their profile was private, said, "you need to leave, fix your profile, and rejoin later if you see the group because we don't have time for this."

I had heard about assholes like this but never saw one so I decided to stick around. Several minutes passed with people joining with "bad" stats who were then booted by the host. Finally we got a group together and off we went, only to be slaughtered.

The host played Rein. He struggled to make space, started every fight by charging deep into the enemy, etc. The entire match was a dumb waste of time and the host was grumpy cause, "he lost three games in a row even after building good teams!"

gently caress running teams like a dictatorship. Everyone was having a good time chatting and talking about what characters they played until the host started cultivating his ideal team and bitching about people he was booting. People need to chill out and realize when they are the problem. If you're a dickhead and don't know your hero, surrounding yourself with players with "good stats" doesn't mean a loving thing.

That game was kind of a blessing in disguise cause it made me turn off Overwatch and go play Monster Hunter.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

Last night I joined a group in LFG, things were very friendly. People were having a good time waiting for the last slot to fill. The host was silent.

The last person joined and a minute later we weren't queuing. Someone was like, "hey let's go." The host said, "we're waiting until I check profiles."

A dark cloud was cast over the group. Then the host told off someone cause their profile was private, said, "you need to leave, fix your profile, and rejoin later if you see the group because we don't have time for this."

I had heard about assholes like this but never saw one so I decided to stick around. Several minutes passed with people joining with "bad" stats who were then booted by the host. Finally we got a group together and off we went, only to be slaughtered.

The host played Rein. He struggled to make space, started every fight by charging deep into the enemy, etc. The entire match was a dumb waste of time and the host was grumpy cause, "he lost three games in a row even after building good teams!"

gently caress running teams like a dictatorship. Everyone was having a good time chatting and talking about what characters they played until the host started cultivating his ideal team and bitching about people he was booting. People need to chill out and realize when they are the problem. If you're a dickhead and don't know your hero, surrounding yourself with players with "good stats" doesn't mean a loving thing.

That game was kind of a blessing in disguise cause it made me turn off Overwatch and go play Monster Hunter.

This happens every time groups get fussy about profiles and poo poo. Every ounce of effort put into screening the videogames group is an ounce of effort not being put into getting better at the loving game. The next time you hear it starting in LFG; BAIL IMMEDIATELY. Join another group without a stick up its' rear end and crush the group you almost lost a game with.

quote:

Middle Management Disease. I can hear his depressed mushmouthed baritone in my brain. They must assemble all of these nerds in a factory or something.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Mushmouthed baritone is spot on. I knew what I was in for but had to see it through. Just to experience it once. My intuition did not fail me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Last night I was playing Mystery Heroes in Nepal and ended up with Hammond on the stage where the point is in the round room with a central pillar.

Holy poo poo. I finally clicked with the little fucker and got a five-person kill streak in less than thirty seconds by attaching myself to the pillar and spinning around and around, sending everyone flying. The only thing that stopped me was the enemy Hammond hitting their Ult.

I like him now.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I had an amazing moment where i zen ulted at the exact same time the enemy hammond did. It is so satisfying flying around the mine field, turbo popping all the mines.

It's like stomping around on bubble wrap.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone else find it easier to aim/flick as Hanzo than McCree or Widow?

I've turned into a pretty god damned fierce Hanzo over the last few months, and I know I have decent aim, but I'm loving dreadful with the hitscan skill shot characters.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Last night I was playing Mystery Heroes in Nepal and ended up with Hammond on the stage where the point is in the round room with a central pillar.

Holy poo poo. I finally clicked with the little fucker and got a five-person kill streak in less than thirty seconds by attaching myself to the pillar and spinning around and around, sending everyone flying. The only thing that stopped me was the enemy Hammond hitting their Ult.

I like him now.

This stops being remotely useful in a mode where people can purposely choose their hero and then stun you to heck and beat you up. That does sound like a fun MH though! :)

ShriekingMarxist posted:

I've turned into a pretty god damned fierce Hanzo over the last few months, and I know I have decent aim, but I'm loving dreadful with the hitscan skill shot characters.

Nope, Hanzo shoots telephone poles and client side hit detection is your best buddy. Plus, its easier to spam with Hanzo where you know they've gotta be, eventually then click on where they are right-now-at-this-exact-millisecond.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ShriekingMarxist posted:

Nope, actually the exact opposite. I have pretty good aim with Mccree/Soldier but can't hit poo poo with projectile heroes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hanzo has the smallest projectile in the game.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Smaller than Sleep Dart? I guess dart does have a pretty forgiving hitbox

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I think I'm falling in love with Hammond, well, on maps that suit him anyway. When you have things to hook onto and clear lines through chokes, holy hell you can do some bonkers plays. It never gets old barreling into an advancing team and hitting 4-5 of them for 70 damage or w/e, then popping out of the ball and dropping bombs and unloading machine guns onto them.

If their comp is annoying (like, Zen, Hanzo, Junk or w/e), it's really bad, but when you're destroying as Hammond it's so god damned fun.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Brigette is finally clicking with me. I still am missing the combo more often than not somehow (I don't know how I miss the stun chain so much) but it still seems to be a really helpful pick if you have another healer on the team.

Only a minor distraction, though, from my dive into Battle Mercy, which has been been a lot of fun. Although I'm discovering that whereas flankers often didn't prioritize my more passive Mercy as often as they should at my SR, usually when you pick a flanker off a couple times, some get pretty tilted into actually doing the right thing and killing the solo healer instead of ignoring me like usual.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Willie Tomg posted:

This happens every time groups get fussy about profiles and poo poo. Every ounce of effort put into screening the videogames group is an ounce of effort not being put into getting better at the loving game. The next time you hear it starting in LFG; BAIL IMMEDIATELY. Join another group without a stick up its' rear end and crush the group you almost lost a game with.

Yeah, this. The people doing this are always the people who get wildly out of position, die alone, and type "0 healing" into team chat. They are the people who are convinced that everyone else is the problem all of the time. They eat your SR and blame you for it.

OTOH, demanding public profiles is fine and good because it's wildly inconvenient to not be able to see what sort of comp you can have.

Willie Tomg posted:

This stops being remotely useful in a mode where people can purposely choose their hero and then stun you to heck and beat you up. That does sound like a fun MH though! :)

MH is absolutely my favourite game mode but drat is it good at convincing you that you magically got gud.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I like him now.
Heads-up, you can also do this on Hanamura with Point A, grab the top of the bell and go to town. It's also sort of workable on Anubis Point A with the fountain. Enjoy!

Willie Tomg posted:

It works ok if you are as bad as me and playing in Bronze where no one has the sense to switch characters, and no one has the mechanical aim to hit a dude spinning in circles. I am sure it falls off pretty quick one you rise out of the sludge though (I am never rising).

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
One thing I noticed last night was that Orisa's armoured-up mode doesn't stop a maximum-speed Hammond (more testing required), which it should, imo.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Halt will however stop them, especially if aimed well enough to pull them off from their anchor point

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Perfectly Safe posted:

One thing I noticed last night was that Orisa's armoured-up mode doesn't stop a maximum-speed Hammond (more testing required), which it should, imo.

armor is to prevent you from going flying. it doesn't halt movement things that don't stop on contact. so if I d.va charge a orisa and she uses armor I keep going I just bump off her.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
It's easy to forget that Brig needs basically incredible or pocket healing to go full super saiyan. When she jollystomps your entire team without ever dying that's not something you can replicate in rage in your next game if your healers aren't on point.

I hate brig. Her kit is too loving good and needs some kind of nerf or adjustment.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

ShriekingMarxist posted:

I hate brig. Her kit is too loving good and needs some kind of nerf or adjustment.

Stop that!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Brig's kit is good but a half coordinated team can counter her. As with many "problems" in this team based game, this one can be overcome by working as a team.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I mean yea, if your team is better than the other one then you'll probably win. doesn't really say much about how balanced anything is tho. you could outplay teams running old fth mccree or whatever too but he was still busted, you know?

this isn't me saying that she's too good/bad/whatever. that argument just doesn't make a lot of sense to me is all

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

AkumaHokoru posted:

armor is to prevent you from going flying. it doesn't halt movement things that don't stop on contact. so if I d.va charge a orisa and she uses armor I keep going I just bump off her.

Sure, but it should break Hammond's momentum, just like running into a wall. DVa keeps going after hitting a wall because she's being propelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She's for sure overpowered but the idea behind her release was to entirely change the meta so she kind of has to be.