Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Malpais Legate posted:

I think it's kind of strange that the page with Solomon David and his trash sons wasn't also his introduction splash like Mottom, Incubus, or Mammon.

It felt like the ideal time to do it, so whenever it does come up it'll probably metal as gently caress.

i'm guessing in a few pages sol's son (the one he spurned) is going to try and backstab him to seize power and sol is going to punch his spine out of his body and that's when we'll get the intro splash thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

There's only one Prince of Persia game.

wrong

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What if Solomon David started life as the Prince of Persia in another universe?

Makes you think.

I mean getting a mystical key to the universe makes a certain sort of sense after you play the original trilogy by Ubisoft in the previous decade.

But my opinion is worthless because I enjoyed Warrior Within the most out of all of them. Yes including the original 2D version. Heavy metal music angry prince was cool darn it, and that crumbling fortress reeked of atmosphere.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

True fact: During the Demiurge war, Soloman David took to the field under his wrestling name, The Warrior Within.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

DancingShade posted:

the original trilogy by Ubisoft

record scratch

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

When Solomon David was young, he wrote a lot of embarrassing erotic poetry about a Shulamite maiden.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

hey girl you up posted:

if a noodle vendor is not following the 100 idiots around they are missing out on a prime sales opportunity

And that noodle vendor grows increasingly more powerful as time goes on.

Not more powerful in terms of combat, mind you.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
New page is up.

Haha, Zaid. 'So I have a magical destiny?' 'What? No. Pay attention kid. We're talking about me right now, not you.'

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Solomon is too dumb to truly understand Royalty. Insisting on following the path of the conquering king rather then going gently caress him and finding his own way.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I knew that was going to be Solomon's shtick. He's a tyrant because he's convinced he has to be one, until someone superior who can rule justly where he can't (i.e. the messiah) comes along and takes his worlds off his hands.

What a fun interpretation of Pride. What a good comic.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm imagining Raoh "Ken-Oh" having a manbaby with Lee Kuan Yew.

...yeah, my imagination goes to weird places.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Every time this guy talks I hear Kratos from God Of War 4. "Boy. BOY. Boy! Boi."

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I loving love this comic.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Every time this guy talks I hear Kratos from God Of War 4. "Boy. BOY. Boy! Boi."

Kratos is almost certainly a way better dad than Sol Dave though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Poltergrift posted:

What a fun interpretation of Pride.

"This is my responsibility" is the kind of pride that doesn't get explored very often, as pride and not one of the other emotions shoved into the mix

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I want the bait and switch to be that Solomon is the hero, and Allison fucks his poo poo up anyway in pursuit of her own goals.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Benson Cunningham posted:

I want the bait and switch to be that Solomon is the hero, and Allison fucks his poo poo up anyway in pursuit of her own goals.

Nah, if the demurges were heroes, they wouldn't be demiurges. You don't get to stay the ruler of 14% of Creation without being a real turd of a person, which is why the best and most sympathetic of them, from what we've seen, have either hosed off from their throne (Maya, Zoss) or abdicated power in some other way (Mammon).

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
So that's how his immortality works, I guess. He'll have to live until someone he considers worthy to succeed him shows up (which will never happen)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

I will now be reading all of Solomon David's lines as voiced by Christopher Judge.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

paragon1 posted:

I will now be reading all of Solomon David's lines as voiced by Christopher Judge.

It's just a good policy to have for any written lines. I waffle between him, Keith David, and James Earl Jones.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yeah I read him as Keith David.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

imo soldave sounds like a deeper, more resonant woody allen

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wiegieman posted:

James Earl Jones.

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgN1sLcAQnw

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Poltergrift posted:

I knew that was going to be Solomon's shtick. He's a tyrant because he's convinced he has to be one, until someone superior who can rule justly where he can't (i.e. the messiah) comes along and takes his worlds off his hands.

It's great because Solomon considers himself to be a genuinely good person & hero. In his heart he knows he is always in the right, regardless of what he actually does in practice.

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that all of the buildings are gleaming white because he enamels them using the polished flat teeth of his enemies. As a gift to the people you understand. Definitely not something terror inducing.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Baseball, Zaid. The one constant through all the years, Zaid, has been baseball.

For 2,000 years the Wheel has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This coliseum, this tournament -- it's a part of our past, Zaid. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.

If I build it, she will come, Zaid. She will most definitely come.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 12, 2018

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Poltergrift posted:

i read a book called The Folding Knife recently with a very similar premise to this

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Solomon basically thinks of himself as a Bodhisattva which is hella arrogant.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats a really good way of putting it

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
If you meet the Buddha in a gleaming marble coliseum, kill him.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
I hope Allison Aesma and the Three Masterses Solomon David so hard his beard pops off.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

"This is impossible! I am defeated! But, no human can master 49 Open Palms!"
"Hmm? Sorry, what was that?"
"He said tha won wobbldy brains."
"Your technique on Open Palm Waters the Desert requires some more practi..."

"Yeah, take that beardy! Now go get me Zaid so we can all go home!"

e. for better dialogue

ee. kill me before I start writing more fanfic

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 12, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

thatbastardken posted:

Solomon basically thinks of himself as a Bodhisattva which is hella arrogant.

:stare:

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Solomon David knows that Jadis' prophecy is never wrong, and she's prophesied that he's gonna get his rear end kicked, so he's contrived a way to explain that, actually, he loves getting body slammed by one drunk idiot barista. And that it's not blood in his mouth, it's victory wine.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

"Yeah, take that beardy! Now go get me Zaid so we can all go home!"

I mean the goal here is still 'rescue Zaid', not 'win tournament', the hope is probably to just get close enough, grab him, and run.

That's when things'll really go off-track.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Solomon just sputtering in rage that she just grabs Zaid up and dips. Built a colosseum, set up a tournament, and when the one with the key shows up she just ignores all the rules.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i really like that Solomon knows Zaid is just some loser kid, but assumes there must be something significant about him and the easiest way to see what that might be is just keep him around until something crazy happens

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
That dig about "his kin" makes me think Solomon David has Goofus/Gallant style posters up everywhere to promote morality but featuring "Failson Jr XXIII" and "Inheritor of the Celestial Empire" instead.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

World Famous W posted:

Solomon just sputtering in rage that she just grabs Zaid up and dips. Built a colosseum, set up a tournament, and when the one with the key shows up she just ignores all the rules.

The most royal of actions.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yak of Wrath posted:

That dig about "his kin" makes me think Solomon David has Goofus/Gallant style posters up everywhere to promote morality but featuring "Failson Jr XXIII" and "Inheritor of the Celestial Empire" instead.

Goofus: Complains to his local magistrate about local ruffians
Gallant: Sharpens his desire to remove the ruffians such that his want cleaves their bodies in twain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Precambrian posted:

Solomon David knows that Jadis' prophecy is never wrong, and she's prophesied that he's gonna get his rear end kicked, so he's contrived a way to explain that, actually, he loves getting body slammed by one drunk idiot barista. And that it's not blood in his mouth, it's victory wine.
"I'm not owned! I'm not owned" I continue to insist as I slowly transform into a Pillar Man.