Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Taika Waititi's Boy is the new standard for coming of age films, just perfect in everyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I still stand by The Florida Project as best recent coming-of-age film. And I still really like Ladybird.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Have you listened to P.O.S., X-Ray?

No, but I remember some friends in high school were big fans of Doomtree.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
You're all wrong, It Follows is the coming of age movie of the 2010s.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I love all of you people but please for the love of god stop talking about rap music, I feel like we’re about two bad opinions away from someone talking about how great Immortal Technique is

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I dislike a lot of popular rap because none of it’s funky, bangs, or slaps, a lot of hits sound repetitive and dull (I credit this more to the problems of top 40 radio and various other cultural gatekeepers than rap itself as a genre.) That said, telling me some rap poo poo is crossed with thrash is a good way to perk up my ears.

Ho99o9 is your jam, then. Here's a co-single they did with industrial outfit 3TEETH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkQsQWvZm8

Here's one of my fav tracks by them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4HNDAXdl9U

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DC Murderverse posted:

I love all of you people but please for the love of god stop talking about rap music, I feel like we’re about two bad opinions away from someone talking about how great Immortal Technique is

I used to listen to Korn, they rap right?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
You know which hip-hop artist needs more recognition?

Saba.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

K. Waste posted:

Ho99o9 is your jam, then. Here's a co-single they did with industrial outfit 3TEETH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkQsQWvZm8

Here's one of my fav tracks by them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4HNDAXdl9U

:shittypop:

It looks like 3TEETH might also be my jam, I’ve been looking for more industrial/metal poo poo, and the first track on their first album is a KMFDM album name, it’s a sign.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Franchescanado posted:

Yes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Franchescanado posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8

It's fun to see the equivalent of the Swedish Chef, but for English.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Franchescanado posted:

B-SHOC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D7iT2MT00o

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

“Hi my name is tanner and I love Post Malone and Eminem all other rap is just too violent for me”

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

God Bless.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Franchescanado posted:

Saba.

drat straight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxcyRTRN_4M

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

As rappers who also believe 9/11 was an inside job go he's no Macklemore

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ugh, I've been vomiting non-stop since Monday morning and only just a few hours ago started being able to keep water down. Someone please kill me, tia

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

Ugh, I've been vomiting non-stop since Monday morning and only just a few hours ago started being able to keep water down. Someone please kill me, tia

Is there a forum transmitted bug going around, someone in the TFF chat thread just went to to doctor for the same thing.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Is there a forum transmitted bug going around, someone in the TFF chat thread just went to to doctor for the same thing.

There's one called alt-rightitis.
* bow tie spins out of control *

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I Before E posted:

As rappers who also believe 9/11 was an inside job go he's no Macklemore

Immortal Technique doesn't believe that 9/11 was an inside job:
I said on [Revolutionary] Volume 2, that I didn't think Bush was responsible for 9/11, I just figured that the government is lying about their relationships with the people involved in it. I'm not trying to come off like a conspiracy theorist, that's fine, but you can't marginalize the facts. I believe wasn't all but two of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, and we invade Afghanistan and Iraq. Now we use the premise that the Taliban is harboring bin Laden but we pull out tens of thousands of troops when we have him cornered. There's a lot of things that are conspiracy theories that are actually true, they happen. I'm not just sitting here and saying outlandish things. There's definitely things the government doesn't want us to know, not for our protection, but for their protection.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

There's one called alt-rightitis.
* bow tie spins out of control *

The people who are vomiting and making GBS threads aren't alt-right though. Did GBS get even worse?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Managed to snag the Katamari Damacy vinyl sound track! :dance:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Skwirl posted:

The people who are vomiting and making GBS threads aren't alt-right though. Did GBS get even worse?

I'm just trying to upstart my comedian career

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

I'm just trying to upstart my comedian career

Needs some work.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

Some of the stuff that's come flying out of me is pretty equivalent to alt-right bile.

At least I was able to keep my morning medications down today, unlike yesterday and Monday. Even a single day without my blood thinner leaves me feeling like a meat puppet, to say nothing of the dehydration from endless yorfing.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I had to bring my fiancee to the ER yesterday because she was so dehydrated from hours of vomiting, so be careful goons with the flu.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
My girlfriend had stomach problems this week where she was throwing up on Monday and feeling nauseated yesterday as well. Her doctor was concerned it might have been an ulcer from the ibuprofen she’s been taking in the wake of foot surgery, even though she’s specifically taking ibuprofen with a stomach lining protectant.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

My girlfriend had stomach problems this week where she was throwing up on Monday and feeling nauseated yesterday as well. Her doctor was concerned it might have been an ulcer from the ibuprofen she’s been taking in the wake of foot surgery, even though she’s specifically taking ibuprofen with a stomach lining protectant.

Yeah, I have to be extremely careful with painkillers because I'm on anticoagulation (and will be for the rest of my life, however long that ends up being); because of blood thinning, the risk of stomach bleeding is extremely high for me. Honestly, after two and a half days of nonstop vomiting I'm surprised I didn't start coughing up blood.

Basically the only thing I'm allowed to take is a baby aspirin or if pain gets really bad (like, say, a pseudogout breakout in my ankle or foot--calcium crystal deposits in that joint are exactly as painful as they sound), a single 500mg tablet of naproxen sodium, but that's it.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Got diagnosed with Diabetes 2 last June. Cut out sugar, watched carbs and lost about 100 pounds since. Got taken off the meds about four months ago to see if I still needed them. Had blood test results yesterday and my doctor informs me that I reversed it and no longer have the beetus. Going to keep my current diet with the exception of a cheat day once a week. I am going to continue to only drink water. I was guzzling Gatorade and soda when I was diagnosed.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

It's amazing what cutting out soda and other excess sugar does for your metabolism. Like, I always keep some Ensure and / or Gatorade on hand in the case of something like my intestinal revolt this week, but when I got sober I went to drinking water exclusively and I dropped so much weight so quickly it was ridiculous. I went from a 48 waist to a 36 in the span of like six months and now I'm down to a 32 after gaining a bunch of weight back when I initially moved back from Baltimore a few years ago.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The Ballard of Buster Scruggs trailer has dropped.

The Coen Brothers movie turned miniseries series turned movie for netflix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2PyxzSH1HM

Visually it looks nice and crisp.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

James Woods Fan posted:

Got diagnosed with Diabetes 2 last June. Cut out sugar, watched carbs and lost about 100 pounds since. Got taken off the meds about four months ago to see if I still needed them. Had blood test results yesterday and my doctor informs me that I reversed it and no longer have the beetus. Going to keep my current diet with the exception of a cheat day once a week. I am going to continue to only drink water. I was guzzling Gatorade and soda when I was diagnosed.

:hf: hell yeah dude, I'm 4.5 months out from my own diagnosis and I'm really hoping for some good results from my next blood test, even without other major diet changes I've dropped almost 20 just from cutting out soda.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I just realized that producer drops at the beginning of rap songs is the same thing as the production company intros before a film.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Not that I can see any reason for me to ever own a smartwatch (hell, my cell phone is a $225 Moto G5+), but the new Apple Watch can literally run an ECG on you and send the results to your doctor's office. :stare:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Timby posted:

Not that I can see any reason for me to ever own a smartwatch (hell, my cell phone is a $225 Moto G5+), but the new Apple Watch can literally run an ECG on you and send the results to your doctor's office. :stare:

I doubt it suffices for clinical standards, and I wouldn’t trust it, but drat. I paid $700 for just my out of pocket portion on an ECG this year.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Franchescanado posted:

I have a few quick questions for anyone who's already seen MANDY:

-Is it more of a horror film or more of an action film?
-On a scale from Psycho to Dead Alive, how gory is it?

I've got a few friends that are hesitant to buy a ticket because of those two questions, so any answers without spoilers would be appreciated.

More horror, closer to Dead Alive on the scale.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Timby posted:

If you need one, that's probably a cheaper option for most people. Insurance will probably cover it in a year.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Anonymous Robot posted:

I doubt it suffices for clinical standards, and I wouldn’t trust it, but drat. I paid $700 for just my out of pocket portion on an ECG this year.

They said it's actually received FDA clearance and they had the president of the American Heart Association on stage praising it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So it's definitely a way cheaper way to get an ECG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Well I still won’t wear a wristwatch goddammnit.

• Locked thread