Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Dude R6 just had an update as did For Honor, The Division 2 is almost out and Unity was 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Yeah Ubi supports their poo poo usually. They did major stuff with The Division and Siege gets updated regularly.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Got a spare code if anyone wants it

968Q-PQNL-HQEB

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RBX posted:

Dude R6 just had an update as did For Honor, The Division 2 is almost out and Unity was 2014

R6 came out three years ago. For Honor 18 months ago.
They were basically ignored for the first year aside from dlc and microtransaction content until Ubi realized their customers were in revolt, and not playing the future e-sport franchises they had sunk a not insignificant amount of money into making and marketing.
Thank you for proving my point.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 12, 2018

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

I thought Blops III was a really good game and it's unusual to see such a positive reaction for a beta, so I have high hopes for this game (unlike the last two which I wrote up threads for and proceeded to completely ignore/not buy--I actually had to google if there was one between BO3 and WWII (there was)).

I really liked the BFV beta. It sucks as the game people want, but it's really good as the game that it is. I think DICE having the Frostbite engine sets a super high barrier to entry for would-be competitors, so you just have to live with what they put out and try to enjoy it.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Anyone know when/if the preload for the PC open beta is?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blackout seems paced so well for a BR mode. Yeah you can potentially get murked out of the gate before you even find a gun or run around without seeing anyone for a while, but I feel like it's the exception and not the rule. My experience mostly been traveling from one hairy firefight to the next while those quiet moments of looting feel more like a blessing than a chore.

Someone was complaining about the TTK earlier but I think it's perfect. Players don't feel like bullet sponges but you also have enough health that you won't get wasted out of nowhere as much as some of these games unless you are in a tactically horrible position.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also I noticed tonight (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I think the game gives the kill to the person who downed the enemy as opposed to executor (who gets an assist I think) which is cool and needs to be in every game.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

And hey it's a big enough map so you can get away with poo poo like this:

Also fun fact, games are over 15 minutes long if you wind up top 5ing.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

veni veni veni posted:

Also I noticed tonight (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I think the game gives the kill to the person who downed the enemy as opposed to executor (who gets an assist I think) which is cool and needs to be in every game.

Works like that in PUBG too if you're on a team. Someone from another team can steal the finishing blow though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Soarer posted:

Works like that in PUBG too if you're on a team. Someone from another team can steal the finishing blow though.

drat I've got like 200 hours in PUBG and never noticed that haha. I usually just lay off enemies my teammates have downed unless they are dead though because of my ignorance and I shamelessly try to steal any enemy kill I can, so I guess that explains that.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I’ll be on very late tonight and a good chunk of Weds/Thursday afternoons if anyone is around. Probably will stream too?

Where are you? There is a full squad going and I'm having to solo it.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

veni veni veni posted:

Blackout seems paced so well for a BR mode. Yeah you can potentially get murked out of the gate before you even find a gun or run around without seeing anyone for a while, but I feel like it's the exception and not the rule. My experience mostly been traveling from one hairy firefight to the next while those quiet moments of looting feel more like a blessing than a chore.

Someone was complaining about the TTK earlier but I think it's perfect. Players don't feel like bullet sponges but you also have enough health that you won't get wasted out of nowhere as much as some of these games unless you are in a tactically horrible position.

Eh I was watching a jackfrags stream Monday and there were some people he had to put a ridiculous amount of bullets into. Like full mag with drat near perfect accuracy and still not dead.

But yeah mostly agree otherwise. I've only played two matches - first one I was killed immediately because I landed right next to another dude who found a gun first, second one I almost won but for a little bit of bad luck.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
I'll admit, I had a surprising amount of fun with it. I'm not sure if the highlight of the night for me was flanking the final guy and getting the kill while rkid suppressed him or a hail Mary molotov that burned a guy to death that had me pinned down.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

^ - I should have saved that Molotov kill

Having one gun with a silencer for close range really comes in handy, even if it takes 300% more bullets to kill someone.
Jesus gently caress, the ttk is too high.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Jesus gently caress, the ttk is too high.

Can’t say I didn’t warn you.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So do I need to pay for the whole game if I want to start playing on Friday instead of Saturaday on PC? Or would a code like https://www.kinguin.net/category/54085/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-blackout-closed-beta-xbox-one-pc-ps4-cd-key/ work since I don't want to spend $60. I have last played COD when it was released in 2003.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ihmemies posted:

So do I need to pay for the whole game if I want to start playing on Friday instead of Saturaday on PC? Or would a code like https://www.kinguin.net/category/54085/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-blackout-closed-beta-xbox-one-pc-ps4-cd-key/ work since I don't want to spend $60. I have last played COD when it was released in 2003.

I decided to bite the bullet and try this because it was only £1. It gave me four codes - the one I entered worked and I'm downloading the beta now on my PS4, so uh....

Here you go if you wanted to try it on PS4 but don't wanna preorder.

When you get the code from Kinguin, you activate it here: https://profile.callofduty.com/promotions/redeem/bo4/beta

And you can then choose your platform. So I assume that because I picked PS4 and it worked, it'd work for the PC codes too.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

You don't need to pre-order or pay anything on PC. The beta will be completely open there. Only consoles need a code.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Superanos posted:

You don't need to pre-order or pay anything on PC. The beta will be completely open there. Only consoles need a code.

Technically, PC pre-orders get a 1 day early access. Pre-order PC beta starts the 14th, open beta on the 15th.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Superanos posted:

Sure, but the guy I quoted wanted in a day early. For a dollar, why not?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

The pre-access open beta starts on friday evening. Open beta only on saturday evening. I just wondered if those $1 keys give that extra day on PC version. Welp it won't cost much to try!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Played a couple of games. Goddamn it feels polished and nice to play coming from PUBG.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Tell me more about this Utopia

When Destiny 2 came out on PC, Warden (Blizzard’s anticheat) banned over 30,000 hackers on Day 1. It’s not like VAC which will only ban people when the developers feel like it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I am incredibly bad at Blackout. Wanna play this with you guys at some point though.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
I've found my Dracon replacement.
https://youtu.be/KvNXitqvmqM

Baron, I saved this bit of the poo poo show that happened at the graveyard.
https://youtu.be/VDjzDTcyUng

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

will there be a preload for the beta because if not that's gonna suck to lose essentially an entire day downloading apparently a 90gig game

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Was listening to the Bombcast and had this thought:

Anyone remember the multiplayer from AC2: Brotherhood?
Imagine if they made THAT a Battle Royale game

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Join the Goon CoD Community on PSN!

1) the titan owns and is a death machine, especially against nubs in helicopters

2) Goonspiracist and I got a sick doubles win last night and LIGHTHOUSE START ALWAYS

3) No one seems to know how to glide, so getting to high-loot areas that are way far away from the initial drop has been great for getting uncontested loot

3a) when you’re diving, point down until you hit ~66 mph, then level out and you’ll be going hella fast and can reach wherever.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Also be mindful that Lighthouse is a zombie area. As is my new favorite drop zone: Asylum.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, the zombie areas seem to be the best place to start, if for no other reason than pubbies don't seem to go there as often.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
hi I think I have like 1 or 2 more extra codes if anyone needs one for Pisssssss4.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I got a code for early PC beta access from Nvidia in an email so check yours.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I never played PUBG and played like 5 matcha of fortnight.

Blackout mode is really fun.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Yo, streaming now with Macy's, Goonspiracist!

https://www.twitch.tv/baronvanawesome

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

From the goon group earlier. This would have been more entertaining with the chat but I guess I didn't have it set to record. I had no idea what this slingshot was and thought I was chucking a nade lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhwcbM-5fQg

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
As a guy who has hated every other BR I've played, wow blackout is real good. Like real real good.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I'm way worse at Blackout than I am at Fortnite, like, loving terrible. But it's so much fun and the Titan is the best weapon in the game.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Yo, streaming now with Macy's, Goonspiracist!

https://www.twitch.tv/baronvanawesome

watched this for a little while and lol that match where you guys were 4v1 in the final circle and lost. sniping the dude off the boat was slick tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah that was embarrassing lol.

The circle killed me within a second. I don't know wtf was up with that we lasted a good 20 plus seconds in it in the round before that. I even popped a health when it hit me.