Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it's ok, my house is on 83 foot tall stilts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Lastgirl posted:

god have mercy on their souls

Because Florie sure won’t.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

whatever happened with chuds thinking FEMA was an illuminati plot to enslave humanity? is that over now that the president is white again

yep just like jade helm

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gonna be a judgement thats a fact righteous train rolling down this track

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lokar posted:

i feel these tweets go well together. i have been thinking about that dumb boat all day

https://twitter.com/EricHolthaus/status/1039913773602152449

TIL, the color scale for wave height is wacky

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

whatever happened with chuds thinking FEMA was an illuminati plot to enslave humanity? is that over now that the president is white again

They still believe the deep state is doing all the same poo poo as before, but now there is also a second government that is simultaneously operating with the exact opposite goals

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1039945031778361344

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGs2iLoDUYE

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

The Muppets On PCP posted:

zaxby's sounds like one of those dystopian corporations with a stupid name from tim & eric that is wholly unpleasant and produces nothing of value
it's a weirdo name, but they make some good fast food fries (crispy + crinkle cut with seasoning) and chicken tenders

salads are pretty decent too

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

HobbitGrease posted:

salads are pretty decent too

ahem, zalads

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

A preview of what Carolina will look like: 16,000 pigs drown in SW China flood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lltrRdN0LTU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
wonder how many ppl cant evacuate cuz they will miss their 4 hour shift at cracker barrel

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

That's been a conspiracy theory since way before Obama was a senator. Most likely just another part of the normalized reaction people have had anytime the government tries to provide any services at all.

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/bedouralagraa/status/1039598535719575552?s=19

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
that's true but after katrina they really went nuts with the fema camps and coffin trains

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

turns out the people being held in the camps are all minorities so it's all good

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
the Denver airport now has advertisements that lean into the conspiracies that it will be used as a fema genocide camp

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

the only good hurricane model is one in which it decides to beeline for DC and then hover over it for a year and a day but for some reason that won't ever happen

I'll accept a hurricane parking itself on top of Mar-A-Lago as well

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

:patriot:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

wait hold on. never found? were they eaten?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
unfortunate that the co's are cowards and will evacuate themselves, they deserve to be torn limb by limb by prisoners

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

corpses inundated in water tend to decay to unrecognizability

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i dont care for cold soup

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bardeh posted:

This is from the Wilmington subreddit. People are willingly staying there despite the fact that it's about to get turbofucked by a storm currently creating 90ft waves.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
so loving pitted bro

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

they said "TRUMP!" and maintained course.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its mass murder op

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lmfao at the plan to hide in the closet under the basement staircase

does this guy understand how storm surges work? he's going to drown

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

people were also driving around indiscriminately shooting minorities in the katrina aftermath, including cops

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

lmfao at the plan to hide in the closet under the basement staircase

does this guy understand how storm surges work? he's going to drown

look he has an attic and an upstairs without windows, he'll be FINE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Go ahead, keep hurricaning. I'm reloading.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
On August 5, 2011, a federal jury in New Orleans convicted five police officers of myriad charges related to the cover-up and deprivation of civil rights.[4] An attorney for the Justice Department described it as "the most significant police misconduct prosecution [in the U.S.] since the Rodney King beating case".[5] The convictions were vacated on September 17, 2013, however, because of prosecutorial misconduct, and a new trial was ordered.[6] The Justice Department appealed the decision to vacate the convictions,[7] but a federal appeals court agreed that a new trial was warranted.[8] However, on April 20, 2016; the five former officers pleaded guilty to various charges related to the shooting, and in return received reduced sentences ranging from three to 12 years.[9]

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Googled this and there is literally no mention of it on Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orleans_Parish_Prison

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

people were also driving around indiscriminately shooting minorities in the katrina aftermath, including cops

https://www.propublica.org/article/video-the-guns-of-algiers-point

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

several years ago there was this big article going in-depth on suburban enclaves around New Orleans that would shoot black people on sight if they wandered into these places after the storm

I read it, it was like a couple dozen pages long, but haven't been able to find it again

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

yep and they'll never be prosecuted

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Al! posted:

look he has an attic and an upstairs without windows, he'll be FINE

The attic will trap all of the extra water, keeping the upper floors nice & dry. It's an advanced flood-fighting technique.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

On August 5, 2011, a federal jury in New Orleans convicted five police officers of myriad charges related to the cover-up and deprivation of civil rights.[4] An attorney for the Justice Department described it as "the most significant police misconduct prosecution [in the U.S.] since the Rodney King beating case".[5] The convictions were vacated on September 17, 2013, however, because of prosecutorial misconduct, and a new trial was ordered.[6] The Justice Department appealed the decision to vacate the convictions,[7] but a federal appeals court agreed that a new trial was warranted.[8] However, on April 20, 2016; the five former officers pleaded guilty to various charges related to the shooting, and in return received reduced sentences ranging from three to 12 years.[9]

They hunted people for sport on the streets and got 3-12 years in prison.

Tbh that's still more justice than I would have guessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If the storm surge is higher than my first floor I'll just go up to the second. And if it's higher than my second, I'll just go into my attic. And if it's higher than my attic, well I've got an axe, I can get on the roof, and we all know storm surges are legally required to never get higher than a roof.