Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Please everyone, pay extra attention to any fat boomers on rascals looking particularly deranged for the next bit of a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think they've already banned like three other QAnon subreddits though? Just toxic communities doing what toxic communities do

Edit: oh nevermind I must be thinking of some other shitheads, they're gonna flip the gently caress out

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 12, 2018

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

DownByTheWooter posted:

Also, those categories are based on wind speed. "Cat 3" is not descriptive of how much rain it's going to drop on the hog poo poo lagoons

Katrina was a cat 3 when it hit and Sandy was a cat 1.

To your point, it’s still a large and destructive storm that may dump a historic amount of rain. People paying too much attention to the wind speed I think would be missing the big picture.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

No, I've lived in the south. I know the south.

Chapel Hill needs an armed, sanctioned team of explorators/enforcers to come in and go "Okay, why is this place a statistical aberration in a region already plagued with racism? Let's set up tables for a summary tribunal right over there."

Drive 10 minutes north on US15/501 to Duke and Durham. You will see the opposite demographics. Institutional racism and long lasting effects of segregation policies are fun!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Florence only dropped to a cat 3 because it increased significantly in size. It should be a cat 4 again soon. Basically all projections now have it just chilling off the carolina coast for a couple of days just ruining everything.

Edit: And yeah, joshua is what it was. And there were probably dozens or more joshes running around roman palestine preaching about god's coming and the end of the world.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
get drunk and save this live cam of the ocean for later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deG4NxkouGM

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Mr. Nice! posted:

Florence only dropped to a cat 3 because it increased significantly in size. It should be a cat 4 again soon. Basically all projections now have it just chilling off the carolina coast for a couple of days just ruining everything.

Edit: And yeah, joshua is what it was. And there were probably dozens or more joshes running around roman palestine preaching about god's coming and the end of the world.

I think one of them was named Brian.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

BigDave posted:

I think one of them was named Brian.

He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I believe one of those Joshes had a best friend named Biff, as well

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/406252-investigators-looking-at-suspicious-money-transfers-after-trump

Understandably this was flooded out by hurricane coverage but I expect this to be one of those things that gets bigger real fast

Why do you think this gets bigger real fast?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

boop the snoot posted:

Why do you think this gets bigger real fast?

If the money can get tied back to the Trump campaign, it sets up a strong inference that Trump accepted a foreign campaign donation and establishes a new offense for failure to report that spending.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Storm will be horrible but I'm morbidly curious to see what happens when Donnie's incompetence hurts millions of white people.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

joat mon posted:

If the money can get tied back to the Trump campaign, it sets up a strong inference that Trump accepted a foreign campaign donation and establishes a new offense for failure to report that spending.

And then what happens?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

boop the snoot posted:

And then what happens?

:decorum:

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Looks like you are right about its wind dropping being "a bad thing"

quote:

Data from an Air Force Reserve hurricane hunter aircraft along with
satellite imagery and various intensity estimates indicate that
Florence has weakened instead of strengthening. However, while the
hurricane hasn't strengthened in terms of peak winds, the inner-core
and outer wind fields have continued to expand, resulting in an
increase the cyclone's total energy, which will create a significant
storm surge event.
The upper-level outflow remains impressive and is
still expanding except toward the south.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT1+shtml/122042.shtml

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Looks like you are right about its wind dropping being "a bad thing"

That total energy measure is what's going to gently caress people. The bulk of it may move one way or another, but that huge mass of water vapour with momentum is going somewhere, and if its over you, good luck.

Or if you're outland from where it runs off, good luck. Or if you're within hundreds of miles of that much making GBS threads water being lofted around, good luck.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They didn't pick up any more cat 4 winds, but the size of the cat 3 winds (considered major storm for NOAA) is 110kt and the circle that represents that on their map has gotten appreciably larger today. The 5PM update is basically confirming the chilling down the coast projection. This thing is going to start making landfall early tomorrow morning. The eye is going to approach land, but just chill off the coast and gleefully take all day friday to move from the edge of NC/SC to the SC/Georgia border before finally moving inland and starting to dissipate over Georgia and the rest of the southeast.

Also parts of all three states are getting more than 3 feet of water dumped on them in this same timeframe. The shallow end of a pool over 3 days.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

On the banks of the Red Cedar...

:cripes:

On the plus side unlike Penn State I can't think of a single alumnus who isn't horrified and disgusted by this poo poo.

That's only because gymnastics doesn't have the following of millions of fans.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Time to buy a shrimpin' boat and head out.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

There's gotta be at least one OIF/OEF LT out there with massive PTSD and no legs....

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/406252-investigators-looking-at-suspicious-money-transfers-after-trump

Understandably this was flooded out by hurricane coverage but I expect this to be one of those things that gets bigger real fast

Fauxton, are you the person who does money laundering investigations? If so, what do you think of that vox article I linked upthread about Trump's business being tied into the Russian mafia laundering money through real estate for the last three decades. Plausible?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Crakkerjakk posted:

Fauxton, are you the person who does money laundering investigations? If so, what do you think of that vox article I linked upthread about Trump's business being tied into the Russian mafia laundering money through real estate for the last three decades. Plausible?

It's been public knowledge since the primaries and wasn't really a big secret before. After Trump's bankruptcies in the 90s no American lender would touch him so he's been funding everything with laundered russian money ever since.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's been public knowledge since the primaries and wasn't really a big secret before. After Trump's bankruptcies in the 90s no American lender would touch him so he's been funding everything with laundered russian money ever since.

The best part is that almost all of it is probably legal since US real estate is basically unregulated. The only thing that would get him in trouble would be any attempts at tax evasion or quid pro quo poo poo specifically pertaining to his campaign.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/406288-eric-trump-woodward-earned-three-extra-shekels-with-cnn

Meanwhile in the nothing matters dimension

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Didn't he give a shout out to his 4chan buddies on air?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
A quickie for you all to inject some hot levity into this dour as gently caress thread

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1039857463036665857?s=19

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Is masterbating in a group really masterbation? At what point does it become performance art?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Eej posted:

A quickie for you all to inject some hot levity into this dour as gently caress thread

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1039857463036665857?s=19

Ringo always ended up eating the sticky biscuit (p.sure he was “into it” since it kept happening).

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

Ringo always ended up eating the sticky biscuit (p.sure he was “into it” since it kept happening).
Don't be talking smack about Mr. Conductor. He's a million times better than Hippie Jesus and he's managed not to get murdered too.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Casimir Radon posted:

Don't be talking smack about Mr. Conductor. He's a million times better than Hippie Jesus and he's managed not to get murdered too.

Ringo was the best Mr Conductor!

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Why should the Beatles tossing each other off even matter unless you think homosexuality is something to be ridiculed

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Beat the Meatles is astonishingly good though

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I'm conflicted because George Carlin hosting a kids show is one of the crazier things I've seen in this life.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

CommieGIR posted:

He's not even the second best: Carlin > Baldwin.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

mods changed my name posted:

Why should the Beatles tossing each other off even matter unless you think homosexuality is something to be ridiculed

:ssh:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hey guys, a Republican politician is getting serious about bribery in politics!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/12/17850180/susan-collins-crowdpac-kavanaugh-bribe-newsmax

lol it's only bad because the proletariat are doing it, that makes it real bribery!

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Soulex posted:

Is masterbating in a group really masterbation? At what point does it become performance art?

It honestly got me thinking, do I have any good friends who haven't? I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone that hasn't tossed one off at a party.

Like, it's 2018, does anyone really care?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i keep my masturbation where it belongs, outside someone's window

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i keep my masturbation where it belongs, outside someone's window
I do it up a tree like a Kennedy cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just don't go all Tyler on someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKbk7BPXBa4

• Locked thread