Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

tithin posted:

So, new characters in 2 days with a summoning period of 3 weeks

then new characters in 8 days, with a summoning period of a month?

:thunk:

Isn't this out of cycle? I seem to remember that new characters are meant to be once a month around the 10th?

It is, but as I keep having to remind a friend of mine: precedent means dick all. The devs are going to do whatever they feel like doing and/or whatever they think will make them the most money.

Like, people keep cargo culting with this game, trying to predict what new banners are going to drop or what the next Legendary Hero is going to be and yada yada yada, based on past patterns. And...it seldom works. And yet they keep doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

To be fair, the legendary pattern held up for the most part until Hector, unless I'm misremembering when Lyn was in relation to the PegaNino banner, and Lucina matched up with it too. Heck, personally I was specifically expecting blue bow Lucina.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

SL the Pyro posted:

I always make sure she has some kind of buff to Spd, so she becomes ludicrously hard to double and very easy to get doubles herself, making QR irrelevant. Dragonskin puts in a lot of work if she only ever gets hit once per combat, and Renewal does the rest.

Your mileage may vary though. I prefer the speed-tank build so she can get away without using QR and slot in more fun skills, but her Atk is indeed a little low without the boon and she can function as a regular EP tank if you want to go with that.

If you do go with +Atk/-HP, my recommendation would be to slot in QR and Sol/Aether. As good as Dragonskin is, 37 HP isn't much to work with and she needs to stay above the QR threshold.

I've been using her mostly in mixed teams so far, where the buffs are a bit harder to come by. I guess there's no rush to merge anymore, what with my now empty barracks, so I can afford to be indecisive until I find the best way to use her. Good point about sol/aether, that's actually been an issue.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Predicting what is in a new banner is a fool's errand, especially once they stopped just saying what corresponding GHBs were. But banner lengths & how they alternated with seasonals was generally easier to predict. No we're, Oops!, 3 consecutive weeks of new permanent banners that each last longer than the last.
We're off the rails!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Expect a feh channel about a week from now imo

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Obviously the banner will be all herons to foreshadow the new laguz units. 3.0 will add the skill refinery, base building, and replace all horses with giant rabbits.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

3.0 will finally just dump a dozen 3* units into the pool so that isntead of a million bartres, it will be 500k bords & cords (as done by ippei)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

add a bunch of shitter units with gen 1 bst but with decent/good fodder potential in the 3* pool, and start rotating them, and also give us monthly 4* fodder banners again to give people who want specifically those units a better chance.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mabels big day posted:

add a bunch of shitter units with gen 1 bst but with decent/good fodder potential in the 3* pool, and start rotating them, and also give us monthly 4* fodder banners again to give people who want specifically those units a better chance.

I suspect people don't drop much money on those banners

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

Unfortunate because those banners were the best.

I got six of my Faes from one

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Elyv posted:

i dont care, they're nice to have

or maybe they can do like a mix, where its like a normal banner but then with the increased 4* focus.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I got my +10 L'arachel from one of those banners.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
What did people do for Veronica's A slot? Close Counter?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChiTownEddie posted:

speed+3

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I gave her attack+3 but same principle.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It kind of sucks that Close Counter is harder to come by than DC

I mean I guess everyone gets a free Takumi now but I've never pulled him in a banner and the only other unit to come with it is WTharja

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Theoretically the best A skill for Veronica is probably atk/spd bond but who has a spare of that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Theoretically the best A skill for Veronica is probably atk/spd bond but who has a spare of that

I think I might prefer spd+3 even if I had a choice. At least the way I play with horse mages/healers they are really often attacking alone (and then they get repositioned/danced back). In those cases bonds don't really do anything.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

cheetah7071 posted:

I kinda wish I hadn't merged those 3 bow hinokas together lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

loquacius posted:

It kind of sucks that Close Counter is harder to come by than DC

I mean I guess everyone gets a free Takumi now but I've never pulled him in a banner and the only other unit to come with it is WTharja

wait how do you get a free takumi? i pulled two naturally and don't have a third.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

wait how do you get a free takumi? i pulled two naturally and don't have a third.

look in your 4*s. He was given out to everyone a few updates ago.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I've been thinking about uses for my spare Lewyn and this is what I came up with, does this build look good? Also considered giving Special Spiral to Sonya since it is kind of perfect for her and I have a +SPD/-DEF Sonya, but I prefer giving very rare skills to units that I can +10 at some point. This build does require someone to be next to Mae at all times but that shouldn't be too hard.

Giving Special Spiral to Athena/Soleil is the other option I've been considering but that seems like a waste since they already have Wrath.

Or I could just wait until I get a +ATK Lilina (and more Lilinas in general, I only have two right now), but that could take a very long while and I have more than enough Maes to +10 her.

edit: I also have Juicy Wave I could give to her, almost forgot about that -SPD Camilla I pulled on the summer banner

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Glimmer is bad on low atk units. If you want a 2-charge special, go moonbow.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Glimmer is bad on low atk units. If you want a 2-charge special, go moonbow.
I was wondering which one of those would be better on her, with that build Mae reaches 55 attack as long as someone is next to her but that might still be too low. Too bad there is no inheritable Slaying Tome so she can spam Icebergs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That said I'm skeptical of any special spiral build that uses it to fire off low-power specials. Like, glimmer/moonbow happen plenty fast enough already. Special spiral should be used to ensure a higher-cooldown special happens every combat.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

That said I'm skeptical of any special spiral build that uses it to fire off low-power specials. Like, glimmer/moonbow happen plenty fast enough already. Special spiral should be used to ensure a higher-cooldown special happens every combat.

I think they use glimmer/moonbow because it's easier to setup. Like for Lewyn with Luna special Spiral would only start to benefit him after the second combat which is really really late.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

So maybe Iceberg and Juicy Wave? After she reaches the 75% threshold she can start spamming Icebergs as long as she doubles the enemy, Mae isn't that fast but with a +SPD refined weapon and enough support she should be able to double a good amount of units.

Really not sure where to go with her, I wanted to +10 her a long time ago but I couldn't think of a cool build for her and I was hoping that Special Spiral would change that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I specifically built my Lewyn to trigger his special in the first combat (using quickened and infantry pulse) because I agree that special spiral by itself doesn't really do enough with high-charge specials.

I'm actually kind of down on special spiral in general tbh. It's at its best when it's enabling a high-charge special but it's much harder to get the ball rolling on those.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I specifically built my Lewyn to trigger his special in the first combat (using quickened and infantry pulse) because I agree that special spiral by itself doesn't really do enough with high-charge specials.

I'm actually kind of down on special spiral in general tbh. It's at its best when it's enabling a high-charge special but it's much harder to get the ball rolling on those.

I made a 2x infantry pulse team just for Lewyn (and Celica's new refine) and it's really good.

Special spiral can be really good (also applies to Ares) but it does indeed require fiddling to get rolling. I wouldn't really consider running it without stuff like quickened pulse to lower the initial setup.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When the next abyssal rolls around I'm gonna try to get Lewyn working with an AoE special, since the enemy count is high enough that taking two combats to set up is probably fine.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

When the next abyssal rolls around I'm gonna try to get Lewyn working with an AoE special, since the enemy count is high enough that taking two combats to set up is probably fine.

That would also probably work pretty well for grand conquests too since AoE specials already shine there

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ChiTownEddie posted:

Close counter is good if she's +speed, it's also the highest scoring a slot healers can equip.

Otherwise yeah, speed+3, atk/spd, or atk/spd bond

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mabels big day posted:

i dont care, they're nice to have

I agree, but sadly at the end of the day the goal for intsys is to make money, not to cater to enfranchised f2pers/near f2pers

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Elyv posted:

I agree, but sadly at the end of the day the goal for intsys is to make money, not to cater to enfranchised f2pers/near f2pers

the soluytion is clear, pair them with whale banners

4* banner BUT OH WAIT IT'S ISHTAR 2 IN THIS OTHER BANNER

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rannum posted:

the soluytion is clear, pair them with whale banners

4* banner BUT OH WAIT IT'S ISHTAR 2 IN THIS OTHER BANNER

No make them the same banner

Ishtar 2.0 banner now also with higher chance to get specific 4* units

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Clarste posted:

I got my +10 L'arachel from one of those banners.

I honestly want one again because I need a L'arachel with a decent IV and I also want a legault for attack tactic

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Andrast posted:

No make them the same banner

Ishtar 2.0 banner now also with higher chance to get specific 4* units

question, would the 4*s reset your pity-rate if you're gunning for Ishtar 2

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
in my mind Ishtar 2 is Ishtar but with this design

loquacius