Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/frankyolo_7/status/1039719575892439040?s=19

https://twitter.com/frankyolo_7/status/1039724265560530944?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Historic

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I guess I'll never hear it like 4:44 cause I'm never going to get Tidal.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

jay saw the Washed Rapper Numbers em did and raced to the studio

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
4:44 was actually good.

I still bump Bam and Marcy Me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

true, op, but recall you have bad taste

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thug is going to jailllll

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/wynne/status/1039726315803267072

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Alex Tumay says Thugger album is finished, just going through sample clearances

It sucks that Thug is going to jail but thankfully he records a lot and they can probably spend his jail time releasing fire from his vaults. Famous rappers need to move out of Atlanta already, cops there love catching rappers on drug/gun charges

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
wow I just heard the first XXXTen song I liked, even though he still sucks as a person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO6kzetYo0A

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

*sucked

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tupac did Xxx

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

HorseRenoir posted:

Alex Tumay says Thugger album is finished, just going through sample clearances

It sucks that Thug is going to jail but thankfully he records a lot and they can probably spend his jail time releasing fire from his vaults. Famous rappers need to move out of Atlanta already, cops there love catching rappers on drug/gun charges

It’s true, only in Atlanta do police enjoy arresting rappers

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

HorseRenoir posted:

Famous rappers need to move out of the U.S. already, cops there love catching rappers on drug/gun charges.

Fixed this for you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Make your music, have a carrier, don't play Pablo

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
If you’re a southern rapper Atlanta is the best place to be be career-wise. But yeah they do get arrested a lot

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If you don't have a weed guy / gun guy / driver in 2018, what are you even doing.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

^burtle posted:

If you don't have a weed guy / gun guy / driver in 2018, what are you even doing.

Keeping it real. Thugger gonna get mad props from the guy who picks up his laundry on Cell Block B.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO3mri47s7M
Video for one of the best tracks of the year

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/YUNGBANS/status/1039770557066162176?s=19

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

#nosexwithoutSEX

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/YoungMoneySite/status/1039918670800211968

It’s taken forever to come out, but is it actually gonna be good? Because I don’t remember Carter IV being very good.

Maybe I should revisit IV, though. It's been years since I last listened to the whole thing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FOOL ME ONCE CARTER V

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
My immediate thought with regards to Tha Carter V is whether any of what it was originally gonna be would even be on the version we're gonna get. Whatever was shelved is almost certainly dated stylistically, yet, I don't quite see even more money being plowed into redoing everything either. Seems like there's a solid possibility it's some weird, uncohesive mix.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Angryhead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO3mri47s7M
Video for one of the best tracks of the year

daaaaamn peggy

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
Great track, I laughed when they dropped the wwf edge "you think you know me" sample

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Because I don’t remember Carter IV being very good.

huh?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Carter III is an all-time great and an album I still listen to all the way through from time to time 10 years after it came out, but Carter IV didn't make that kind of impression on me.

I might be remembering incorrectly since it's been a while since I've heard the whole thing, but I think I would've remembered if it had really stood out to me and I don't.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Carter III is an all-time great and an album I still listen to all the way through from time to time 10 years after it came out, but Carter IV didn't make that kind of impression on me.

I might be remembering incorrectly since it's been a while since I've heard the whole thing, but I think I would've remembered if it had really stood out to me and I don't.

You’ve got a really high bar if an album isn’t good simply because you don’t listen to it ten years after it came out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

boop the snoot posted:

You’ve got a really high bar if an album isn’t good simply because you don’t listen to it ten years after it came out.
It's not like an album has to meet that criteria for me to enjoy it at all, I just don't remember enjoying it all that much when it first came out either. But who knows. Maybe I'll give it another listen and feel completely differently about it now.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

New thugger and wayne albums are my most anticipated

if both make it out this year holy poo poo

tjones
May 13, 2005
East Atlanta Love Letter in two days is my most anticipated at this point.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Decided to check out Mac Miller's latest album and I am really loving the production on it. Very interesting, laid back, and has something unique. Dude definitely had some talent.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Carter IV was junk but Wayne been doing some decent stuff since then so Carter V may be decent.

Also I actually listened to Joe Budden's podcast and they really need to have 1) someone to edit/guide discussion and 2) co-hosts/sidekicks who aren't just giant yes men. Also it just sounds horrible with all the dumbass gunshots and air horns and sirens-gives me flashbacks to every garbage rap dj ever.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

alansmithee posted:

1) someone to edit/guide discussion

the lack of this is the whole reason i'm not a podcast guy. i'll just wait for someone to watch it and sum up the important bits in like, 7-13 typed words.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Jpegmafia still album of the year

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

alansmithee posted:

Also I actually listened to Joe Budden's podcast and they really need to have 1) someone to edit/guide discussion and 2) co-hosts/sidekicks who aren't just giant yes men.

i complained about this earlier and the whole thread yelled at me but i cant stand buddens rambling and old man digressions. those podcast eps are like 2 hours long and they could be 20 minutes. no one else on that show should open their mouth unless they have a real opinion and no amount of gunshot sounds is going to make me any less bored.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
buddens has opinions on his podcast instead of rambling about personal problems contributing to your fav rapper falling for 2hrs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Y'all listened to one episode and some clips judging an entire show. Joe's friends are the opposite of yes men but they know Joe is the star of the show and let him rock whenever he does his insane rants because it's funnier that way

Also long podcasts have a place, not everybody wants nothing 20 minute NPR podcasts. I work 8 hours a night and love long podcasts.

I also don't need a fake rear end host "guiding conversation" keep it raw and free flowing as it is now

RBX fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 13, 2018