Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

my divorced dad's idea of having fun during the summer was basically hot couch type of stuff. i slept on an air mattress and we always fell asleep to discs of tv boxsets, so we all woke up to the looping menu music for like how i met your mother season 6 disc 2 at 12:30 the next day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
hot couch guy is basically proto divorce dad

gently caress my brain that i think like this, i should be using this computer to jack off rather than post statements like that

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I fear Menaker might be wronged in October, as Steve Bannon is currently employed as Jair Bolsenaro's advisor. Given that the current press position is to attempt to decorum the leading party and Lula out of potential electorate power, there's a good chance he might get his relevancy back again, now that he got kicked off that New York Times speakeasy.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Kunster posted:

For a bit I thought it was related to fat or bigness so I couldn't put like, the actual Crepuscle concept on my head. Even if that was the title chosen for the portuguese translation of Twilight.

that's a corpuscle

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oooh that explains my confusion then!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
What’s the last thing that Amber says about Megan McCain? She doesn’t leave the lizard alone?

Also, Matt hosed up Klobuchar’s name in a really funny way.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
https://mobile.twitter.com/jawbroken/status/1202148117319681?lang=en

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

well why not posted:

It's free, runs on everything and you can play a decent game in 20 minutes. The biggest competitor is $60, runs like poo poo on anything and takes forever to do anything. Fornite also has a bit of a creativity zone and a high skill ceiling due to the building aspect. It's a perfect storm, kinda.

Did anyone else get the free ebook they offered for pre-purchasing the book? It's got 4 stories and they are all excellent, in particular Brendan's.

I sent them my pre-order receipt and they never got back to me :(.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I sent them my pre-order receipt and they never got back to me :(.

I had to email them twice to get mine. Gonna send you a PM.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
So hot couch guy brought back a lot of good and bad memories, but I just about fell out at do my wife guy. I know two of them and one is literally four doors down from me, how did my life get so hosed up?!?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Listening to Chapo die on stage.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Holy rusted metal, Chapo!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
are they gonna release the live appearances as episodes on the podcast?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Lowtax shout out! :10bux:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

GANDHITRON posted:

I had to email them twice to get mine. Gonna send you a PM.

Wanna do me a solid too? I'm assuming Virgil was too busy vaping or something.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Only real 90s kids appreciated Amber's "Beedle" joke.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Crotch posted:

They've made more Zelda games since the 90s, dude

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Beedle wasn't even in any 90s Zelda.

The joke was that nobody laughed at it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Crotch posted:

Idgi

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
When Felix said someone had "goulash" or something in his brain and Matt freaked out, what was he trying to say?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Human Tornada posted:

When Felix said someone had "goulash" or something in his brain and Matt freaked out, what was he trying to say?

he meant goulash (the food) but said galosh (the shoe) i think

smr
Dec 18, 2002

emdash posted:

he meant goulash (the food) but said galosh (the shoe) i think

It was this.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I knew several hot couch guys

The two that stood out the most:
1) had several ferrets, had virtually every Batman action figure ever made in original packaging in a dedicated room

2) owned a snake, took a bunch of e then brought a rubber skeleton into the living room where everyone else was doing bong rips and started loving it

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
What did the person in the crowd yell that they all laughed at?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
"Play ball!" Which I guess is a reference to Steve Scalise getting his pecker shot off?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/willmenaker/status/936993439601889280?lang=en

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Bonus just dropped. Virgil interviewed Cynthia Nixon! Haven’t listened yet but can’t wait to wake up in the AM and do so!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It’s a good interview because he had to keep it short and wasn’t trying to play to a crowd.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Matt Christman stole his Flintstones phone joke from me :mad:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Matt Christman stole his Flintstones phone joke from me :mad:

it's a living

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Boywhiz88 posted:

Bonus just dropped. Virgil interviewed Cynthia Nixon! Haven’t listened yet but can’t wait to wake up in the AM and do so!

Along with the new episode, with a lot of fish eating and touching talk. Love it!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
When you didn't get asked back on the podcast
https://twitter.com/davidcrosss/status/1039924071100755968?s=19

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
we're going to be hearing about Susan Sarandon for longer than we heard about benghazi

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DoubleDonut posted:

we're going to be hearing about Susan Sarandon for longer than we heard about benghazi

it's weird how before 2016 I thought about her maybe when I watched a movie she was in but apparently she was secretly more influential and powerful than all the celebs in clinton's side of things.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I genuinely don't remember Sarandon saying or doing anything during the election

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah I genuinely don't remember Sarandon saying or doing anything during the election
She would go around saying she didn't want to vote for Clinton but libs angrily retweeting her and sharing media appearances had to be 99% of her impressions.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
She went on CNN once and said Hillary and Trump are the same. Since the most fervent Hillary supporters are rich boomer women they took this as a betrayal and will never let it go.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
On the one hand, Susan Sarandon was absolutely wrong to say Hillary Clinton was exactly the same same as Donald Trump, on the other hand Hillary Clinton and her campaign staff are more to blame for her loss than anyone else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

she rallied for Sanders and she gave literally one national interview where she said to her Clinton and Trump were pretty much the same (a dumb take). This led to a collective meltdown of the Clinton branch who used this one interview no one saw to say THAT'S why 'didn't vote at all' technically won the election and not, ya know, the Clinton campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
she was also pretty vocal about the DNC being rigged, that also made people angry because it was true