Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!

my dad posted:

The way I'd go about this, is to finish round 1 as is, with the old version, then move on to the latest version for the rest of the tournament, to minimize the impact of a double standard on who wins and who loses (without rerunning every single fight so far)

The exception being if there are any pike users. The person running the fight should manually add pike skill equal to their spear skill, because that version is from before pike and spear skill were consolidated in the mod, I think. Thankfully, there were no such fights yet.

Yeah, that's probably the best way.

*Looks at own fighter*

Ah poo poo, wait, uhh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Randomize the version for each fight

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Pharnakes posted:

If hard brexit's defeat gets repealed I will not be happy :argh:

:yeah:

Tunicate posted:

Randomize the version for each fight

:yeah:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I just want to pulp something

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
When were throwing weapons introduced?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I’m about to board a six hour flight, run my fight and give me something to cry myself asleep with, tia

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bad Munki posted:

I’m about to board a six hour flight, run my fight and give me something to cry myself asleep with, tia

Yeah do this as I'm in that fight too

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!

habituallyred posted:

When were throwing weapons introduced?
Oh um, that's a point. My fighter won't work if the build is pre-throwing weapons.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:negative:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Yeah, uh... let me go and edit the OP too, in order to make sure this won't happen again :ohdear:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
oh, ffs

Galick, how do you want to go about doing this, since you're the one actually running most of the fights?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Run one now do it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As a losing fighter, go with it and we'll get to the next tourney sooner or later!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Just cross out the throwing part and run the fight. So that you have a fighter with an admantium throwing axe or whatever. It'll be fine...

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
:justpost:

No one signed up that wasn't fully expecting jankiness and hilarious outcomes, just get on with it.

And its not like it's a long tournament. If this was deciding outcomes in a multi round round robin style thing I would get wanting to restart, but its just a 16 fighter single elimination so let's just push on and finish a tournament already.

No one is taking this too seriously, I sincerely hope.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I think we'll just hard swap to the most updated version for right now, and I'll try to slam through the remainder of the first round through today and tomorrow. I apologize for the fights that have already been ran, but I really don't want us to start a new tourney cause of a gently caress-up. It'll be right from the get-go on the next one, anyway. I'll be running later today!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Galick posted:

I think we'll just hard swap to the most updated version for right now, and I'll try to slam through the remainder of the first round through today and tomorrow. I apologize for the fights that have already been ran, but I really don't want us to start a new tourney cause of a gently caress-up. It'll be right from the get-go on the next one, anyway. I'll be running later today!

That's how we do it, then. :)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Ah man I missed putting in another bloody fighter!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Still, I love all this blood. Blood.

More blood.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Where is the loveblood?

Lady Teacup
Dec 6, 2016

my dad posted:

The exception being if there are any pike users. The person running the fight should manually add pike skill equal to their spear skill, because that version is from before pike and spear skill were consolidated in the mod, I think. Thankfully, there were no such fights yet.

Actually, Stabmaster and Mr Pokey both fell victim to this bit of foolery.

goatface posted:

Where is the loveblood?
I think Galick saying he is going to run some fights means the thread is about to die.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I’m thinking maybe we should start a new tournament

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I will spin one up.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Galick show yourself coward

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Lady Teacup posted:

Actually, Stabmaster and Mr Pokey both fell victim to this bit of foolery.

Did they have pikes? Spears are unaffected by this.

Bad Munki posted:

I’m thinking maybe we should start a new tournament

I'll try to run some fights soon. IS THERE ANYONE WHO THINKS THEIR FIGHT SHOULD BE RE-RUN?

Lady Teacup
Dec 6, 2016

my dad posted:

Stabmaster loses hold of a bronze pike in the combat logs. As for Mr Pokey, I'm just going by Galick's description in the writeup.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Lady Teacup posted:

Stabmaster loses hold of a bronze pike in the combat logs. As for Mr Pokey, I'm just going by Galick's description in the writeup.

Yes, he had a pike.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

my dad posted:

I'll try to run some fights soon. IS THERE ANYONE WHO THINKS THEIR FIGHT SHOULD BE RE-RUN?

If any results need to be changed, let me know. I didn't put a rewind feature on the website, so I would need to change things manually :ohdear:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
run munki's and mine's fight and then do all this

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Can we at least finish this round before calling it over

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Give me full powers and I will run exactly one fight and then get bored and become impossible to contact

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

People will suspect I died in the hurricane but will never know for certain.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Give me powers and I will run all remaining fights and just post the results and combat logs

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Tunicate posted:

Give me full powers and I will run exactly one fight and then get bored and become impossible to contact

Maugrim posted:

Give me powers and I will run all remaining fights and just post the results and combat logs

You both have powers now.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Apologies, I've been busy helping organize something in my free time, and completely forgot about this thread. :shobon:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

In the red square: He's got a maul, and wants to kill you all, the human henchman who's the #1 enema of the state, it's JIM STAFFORD

In the purple square: this heiroglypic kobold ain't gonna grow-old, proof that you CAN text and die, it's 🍆

The fighters are squared up, and it already looks bad for 🍆, who can barely carry his platinum warhammer. As they rush to the center, 🍆 tries for first blood, but only lifts his hammer about two millimeters off the ground, and is easily parried by his opponent. Recognizing a superior fighter, he immediately turns tail and attempts to flee the arena! What sort of cowards are they letting in these days?

Jim pursues, and 🍆 deals the first damage of the match, as Jim stubs his toe on the hammer! The crowd goes mild! Jim capitalizes on the opportunity and breaks 🍆's spine! Sadly, this wound barely inconveniences the nearly-spineless kobold, who badly twists Jim's elbow as it's overextended on the down-stroke, then taps the hammer's hilt into Jim's shins.

Irritated by his pint-sized foe, Jim feints with his maul and tackles 🍆 to the ground! 🍆 jumps to his feet, only to get knocked down again and stunned.

Tired of having his toes stubbed, Jim shows 🍆 how a real fighter does things and drops his maul on 🍆's toes. I think that by the end of this he'll be flat and tenderized - perfect for a 🍆 parm sub. Jim seems to agree, as he bends down and leans in for a taste test, biting one of 🍆's toes off!

🍆 is in full on retreat, so Jim shows the superiority of his fully intact feet, kicking the warhammer out of 🍆's hand!

The rest is brutal and short - while 🍆 never had a chance to begin with, losing his weapon renders the rest of the fight a formality, as Jim slowly reduces him into an unrecognizable pulp.

Winner: JIM STAFFORD

Combat Log: http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/view_combat_log.php?733

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
HELL YEAH

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Great fight, will miss you

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

calm down it was just bad munki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
That link isn’t the combat log :colbert: