Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Remember when this promotion was good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwX-EVglx4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgNk5nkD9c8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWIzQcGzGc0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04J8ga_gV8

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Shayna and the other UFC 4HW better look out. Kairi has the backing of Oedo Tai now per the orders of Prime Minister Kagetsu.

https://twitter.com/doranyanpa/status/1038582137249705984

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Now that's a group I can support.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Major development at tonight's/last night's STARDOM show.

Hana turned on Oedo Tai. Wonder if she is leaving the company or something. I don't see her winning the red belt. And she has been doing a lot more traveling as well.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 9, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

She is supposed to be going to Europe soon so I guess this was supposed to be.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

She is supposed to be going to Europe soon so I guess this was supposed to be.

She was going over to Europe for only two shows apparently. She was supposed to be coming back right after that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Does STARDOM ever do any shows around Wrestle Kingdom time? We're finalizing all of our tickets and junk and will likely be there from December 29/30 to January 11. Would love to see at least one other wrestling show while we're there.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Phenix Rising posted:

Does STARDOM ever do any shows around Wrestle Kingdom time? We're finalizing all of our tickets and junk and will likely be there from December 29/30 to January 11. Would love to see at least one other wrestling show while we're there.

Yes, they generally do a show at Koruaken Hall (which are their major shows) around that time. Just a heads up though, unless they improved their workflow from last year, expect things to be really weird in terms of getting tickets and meet and greets. It will probably be really bad.

For those who don't know, if you want to get an autograph or picture with the STARDOM girls, you have to pay for a ticket to the meet and greet, and it's not really that cheap either. It's like $10 or $20 for a one or two shot ticket respectively. A one shot ticket lets you meet a single performer, and a two shot lets you meet two performers. They will autograph something for you, and take a picture. However the lines tend to be pretty long for the vast majority of the girls, and the staff are notoriously pissy and will cut off lines early if they even remotely think it will run over time. So its probably a good idea to get into line early if there's someone in particular you want to meet.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 9, 2018

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DarkstarIV posted:

Major development at tonight's/last night's STARDOM show.

Hana turned on Oedo Tai. Wonder if she is leaving the company or something. I don't see her winning the red belt. And she has been doing a lot more traveling as well.

Yeah, they teased that last year. It could be exciting, but is probably just her as a Red Belt challenger before making up after.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Go RV! posted:

Yeah, they teased that last year. It could be exciting, but is probably just her as a Red Belt challenger before making up after.

Most likely, but you never know. It's been talked about before, but her W-1 contract supposedly expires early next year, and apparently WWE is really interested in picking up Hana. She's been on their shortlist for awhile apparently. Rovert would likely have more details on it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

She was going over to Europe for only two shows apparently. She was supposed to be coming back right after that.

Ah, I though the tours was her taking an extended break/excursion from Stardom.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DarkstarIV posted:

Yes, they generally do a show at Koruaken Hall (which are their major shows) around that time. Just a heads up though, unless they improved their workflow from last year, expect things to be really weird in terms of getting tickets and meet and greets. It will probably be really bad.

For those who don't know, if you want to get an autograph or picture with the STARDOM girls, you have to pay for a ticket to the meet and greet, and it's not really that cheap either. It's like $10 or $20 for a one or two shot ticket respectively. A one shot ticket lets you meet a single performer, and a two shot lets you meet two performers. They will autograph something for you, and take a picture. However the lines tend to be pretty long for the vast majority of the girls, and the staff are notoriously pissy and will cut off lines early if they even remotely think it will run over time. So its probably a good idea to get into line early if there's someone in particular you want to meet.

I just want to see some shows, I don't need to do meet and greet and photo ops. We want to try and fit in one or two more shows in addition to WK and New Year Dash so we'll see!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

They do a Shinkiba 1st Ring show around January 3rd. TJPW do their biggest show on January 4th too, if you want to make that a full day of wrestling.

There's also the DDT D-Oh finals on December 30th, DDT/BJW's New Year's Countdown show on December 31st and an AJPW double shot in Korakuen on January 2nd/3rd off the top of my head.

E: There's also Sendai Girls in Shinjuku Face on January 6th and Ice Ribbon in Korakuen on December 31st if you want to catch Joshi

Keep an eye on this: https://en.puwota.com/index.cgi?201901

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 10, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They do a Shinkiba 1st Ring show around January 3rd. TJPW do their biggest show on January 4th too, if you want to make that a full day of wrestling.

There's also the DDT D-Oh finals on December 30th, DDT/BJW's New Year's Countdown show on December 31st and an AJPW double shot in Korakuen on January 2nd/3rd off the top of my head.

E: There's also Sendai Girls in Shinjuku Face on January 6th and Ice Ribbon in Korakuen on December 31st if you want to catch Joshi

Keep an eye on this: https://en.puwota.com/index.cgi?201901

Well, we're going to be busy. Thanks for the info and that link!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It's been floating around online, but here are the speculated matchups for this week's MYC episode:

Deonna Purrazzo vs Priscilla Kelly
Zeuxis vs Aerial Monroe
Kacy Catanzaro vs Reina Gonzalez
Mercedes Martinez vs Ashley Rayne

It seems like they are going in the order the matches were taped in.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Have I confused MJ Jenkins with Aerial Monroe? I have...I thought MJ Jenkins was Monroe using a different name.That seems like an okay episode. Weren't people down on this prospects of this episode?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

Have I confused MJ Jenkins with Aerial Monroe? I have...I thought MJ Jenkins was Monroe using a different name.That seems like an okay episode. Weren't people down on this prospects of this episode?

yeah they were both on the same SHINE card once and it was confusing then too.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
All hail Maki Itoh, future queen of DDT.

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1039499372851937281?s=19

Context: This is a popularity contest being run by DDT. Whoever has the most votes will get a shot at DDT's top title. The fact that she's blowing away the rest of the competition shows that she's a pretty significant draw. Her wrestling is far from great, but her character work is on point. She's widely seen as a jobber (including eating the pins in tag matches), but you can't help but support her anyways.

...It also helps that she's a former idol, although she never made it to the mainstream.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 11, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

She can always work on improving her wrestling though, right? Miyu would squash her.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

She can always work on improving her wrestling though, right? Miyu would squash her.

It's a competition to decide who faces DDT's champion, not TJPW's.

Which right now is Meiko Satomura, so that's actually much much worse for Itoh.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

oh no, she is going to die.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Meiko would do things to Maki that Miyu has raunchy dreams about.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I hope Maki wins, to be honest. I know she won't, but a friend went to a DDT show once while in Japan and all she wanted to talk about when he met her was if America was cool or not. :shobon:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maki is a totally competent wrestler imo

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maki & Reika vs. Magical Sugar Rabbits was an excellent match, and Itoh Respect Army vs. Reika & Marika was really good too. I mean those are tag situations where Maki had two or three really good wrestlers in there with her but she was absolutely the emotional driving force in both matches, especially in her interactions with Mizuki in the tag match with Reika.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

DarkstarIV posted:

Context: This is a popularity contest being run by DDT. Whoever has the most votes will get a shot at DDT's top title. The fact that she's blowing away the rest of the competition shows that she's a pretty significant draw.

As much as I'd love to see her win, the gap is gonna close up as the election goes on. Every DDT Universe subscriber gets one vote, and then people who attend DDT shows (but not TJPW shows) get a vote. So she's already got most of the votes she's going to get from diehard TJPW fans and people outside Japan (where she's really over thanks to the magic of Twitter) and everyone else has plenty of opportunities to catch up.

I do really hope I'm wrong though and will be voting for her at any DDT shows I attend!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
This is actually pretty interesting. I'm shocked other wrestling companies haven't done something like this yet:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1039817082248998912

WWE could make some decent money off of it if they really put some thought into it. And ROH/Impact/NJPW would as well. It also makes sense since the one demographic that STARDOM really wants to expand in is with women.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The performance center does something like that once or twice a year.

But it's an expensive tourist thing not for learning.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Uhhh, CHIKARA does this to a lesser degree, I'm sure other promotions do as well

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It sounds like it is just a fitness class with wrestlers instead of a wrestling school. Most promotions I know of in the US who do anything like that just do wrestling workshops.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I wonder if the Stardom fitness class has wrestling related exercises. That would be cool.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A lot of wrestling schools have some sort of free tryout or workshop where people can come in off the street, run the ropes and take flat back bumps for an hour, then decide very quickly if they want to pay to keep doing this.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
People weren't kidding, MYC episode 2 was distinctly Not Good. Thinkin' I might skip the rest of the first-round episodes, get back in on the second. At least Kacy Catanzaro doesn't seem all that bad; if this is her after a year then she could be really great in 3-4.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Episode 2 was arguably the lowest point of Round 1. For the most part, everything should be better from this point forward.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
If this is the worst the tournament will provide, I'll be thankful that we won't have another Evers/Belle. But still, yeah, it was lacking. Kacy really was the only one who impressed me, but even then she had to work around Reina Gonzalez's limitations. The worst moment of the show was when Cedric Alexander's daughter was crying. :(

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
By the way, this should be next week's matchups:

Week 3:

Kaitlyn vs Kavita Devi
Toni Storm vs Jinny
Xia Li vs Karen Q
Mia Yim vs Allysin Kay

Which leaves:

Week 4:

Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Rachel Evers
Taynara Conti vs Jessie Elaban
Nicole Matthews vs Isla Dawn
Io Shirai vs Xia Brookside

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 13, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Taynara/Jessie is probably pretty bad but the rest should be decent to good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Taynara/Jessie is probably pretty bad but the rest should be decent to good.

I don't have high hopes for that or Kavita Devi vs Kaitlyn either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't have high hopes for that or Kavita Devi vs Kaitlyn either.
Yeah, Kaitlyn/Devi sounds very not good. But maybe it's just Kaitlyn doing some moves and hitting a solid spear. Wait and see, I guess.