Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

I, for one, can't wait for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Your company either got duped by a lovely salesperson or the salesperson didn’t know enough to have your bandwidth checked which is like VoIP 101. You’re basically forced into upgrading your internet bandwidth now.

Pretty much. The new internet is getting installed Friday. Can't wait to see what hell that is :suicide:

Is it capitalism to market at barely legal drinkers? Because Svedka brand gelatin is a thing. It's more expensive than Jello and has the same ingredients but hey...just add vodka

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

what the gently caress is an "influencer"

When you feel like poo poo for days and your nose runs and you have a fever and you feel cold and hot at the same time.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Jerry Cotton posted:

When you feel like poo poo for days and your nose runs and you have a fever and you feel cold and hot at the same time.

OK Snuffy

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

No going to lie, I’ve always loved the work from home option...

it’s sort of like between a regular work day, and a PTO day.

I’m technically working, but don’t really have to deal with anyone in the office. People pretty much just forget about me when I work from home so I get bothered a lot less. I get to save my PTO for when I actually want to use it. Get to stay in my pajamas all day.

I worked from home today. I literally just wanted an extra hour of sleep, so I just texted my boss and went back to bed. Worked all day from my couch devoting more effort to watching Highlander than answering emails.

Work from home has meant "play video games and watch movies while periodically checking email" as long as I've known it existed and it owns owns owns

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Sounds cool but the only work from home jobs I've been able to get are back to back 24/7 call centers that constantly monitor what you're doing sometimes via webcam. Where are these places where you just answer emails at home? That sounds amazing

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

g0lbez posted:

Sounds cool but the only work from home jobs I've been able to get are back to back 24/7 call centers that constantly monitor what you're doing sometimes via webcam. Where are these places where you just answer emails at home? That sounds amazing

I'm an exploration geologist - if I'm not in the field and don't have any meetings scheduled, and just have to work with modeling my dataset or answer emails, I can remote in from home pretty much as and when I need to. If all I'm doing is preparing for the next field campaign, which means writing proposals, emailing contractors, emailing HR to organise flights and accommodation or making maps of target areas, I can absolutely do all that on a remote connection to my work PC.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I work from home as a retard masturbator

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Memento posted:

I'm an exploration geologist

I assume this means you figure out where like, coal or ore or whatever is, but I'd like to pretend your job is just finding cool rocks for a big cool rock collection because that sounds fun as heck.

Why yes I am the sort of weirdo who keeps a cool rock collection, coincidentally :v:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Former DILF posted:

Interesting username/post combo you've got going there.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Former DILF posted:

And what's your job?

I'm aware of the original, but I can't remember the exact comeback to this one.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Former DILF posted:

Can you work me in around Monday between 8:00am to 9:00am? It'll only take a couple minutes but I'll pay for the whole hour.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ate all the Oreos posted:

I assume this means you figure out where like, coal or ore or whatever is, but I'd like to pretend your job is just finding cool rocks for a big cool rock collection because that sounds fun as heck.

Why yes I am the sort of weirdo who keeps a cool rock collection, coincidentally :v:

A little from column A, a little from column B. Yeah I work in base metals (copper, lead, zinc) and gold exploration but I have a pretty decent collection of shinies. They don't let you take rocks in your carry-on with you, and I get swabbed for explosive residue all the drat time.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SpacePig posted:

And what's your job?

I'm aware of the original, but I can't remember the exact comeback to this one.

It's:

Oh, so you're self employed?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/NatsSquid/status/1039895668507254784

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Well someone has to keep the job creators alive.

:smug:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
is this from that obvious troll landlord lawyer guy

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Before you assume that's a troll post, I know someone who worked out West who complained about all their fellow employees constantly taking their breaks. That person is just as unemployed as the rest of them, only with destroyed knees from working extra hard to show those other guys up.

cnut
May 3, 2016

:ironicat:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Corporations are people too and should be allowed to join unions and vote in elections, it's just all this prejudice by the anti-corporate bigots that keeps them from doing so. regressive opinions like that really harm everyone when you think about it :thunk:

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

Professor Shark posted:

Before you assume that's a troll post

It's not even in the higher tiers of authentic libertarian retardation

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

ate all the Oreos posted:

Corporations are people too and should be allowed to join unions and vote in elections, it's just all this prejudice by the anti-corporate bigots that keeps them from doing so. regressive opinions like that really harm everyone when you think about it :thunk:

When it comes right down to it, isn't it kind of bullshit that corporations - which we all know are people - can't run for office? Facebook for president, imo

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Colleges are scams

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

taking the whole boot without gagging is impressive.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

g0lbez posted:

In my case, software testing/computer touching. Only one day a week though, but such a great goddamn perk.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Found in the 9-11 thread

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

Before you assume that's a troll post, I know someone who worked out West who complained about all their fellow employees constantly taking their breaks. That person is just as unemployed as the rest of them, only with destroyed knees from working extra hard to show those other guys up.

Oh I assumed nothing - I work in a library that used to have a guaranteed but optional 30 minute lunch and 2 15 minute breaks a day that recently made those breaks mandatory so people would actually use them. My coworkers complained to high heaven and still try to work through lunch and stay past their hours. Even when you work in a non-profit and have it pretty good you still demand less. Protestant work ethic is so pernicious and frankly dangerous.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Does it make the working day longer? If it does, then it's an unpaid break

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Found in the 9-11 thread

walmart is ground zero for amazing deals

not even jet fuel can melt these prices any lower

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Radar posted:

is this from that obvious troll landlord lawyer guy

probably, I think this is the same guy

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Don't ever respect a libertarian, constantly remind them that they're retarded. They're some of the most gullible people on earth. Do we have a "libertarians are dumb" thread because we should. The last time I spoke to one I had to explain basic chemistry to him because he kept going on and on about fluoride.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Elderbean posted:

Don't ever respect a libertarian, constantly remind them that they're retarded. They're some of the most gullible people on earth. Do we have a "libertarians are dumb" thread because we should. The last time I spoke to one I had to explain basic chemistry to him because he kept going on and on about fluoride.

It's never surprising to me when a Libertarian Island Man goes full Nazi.

Libertarians are kissing cousins to fascists. They believe strongly that the only legitimate organs of the state are the police and military which exist to enforce private property rights (the most important rights).

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ruzihm posted:

Does it make the working day longer? If it does, then it's an unpaid break

Lol they're paid

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Owlbear Camus posted:

It's never surprising to me when a Libertarian Island Man goes full Nazi.

Libertarians are kissing cousins to fascists. They believe strongly that the only legitimate organs of the state are the police and military which exist to enforce private property rights (the most important rights).

They usually don't want the military either because they can do a fine job themselves through hiring PMC's or buying a bunch of guns and DIY'ing themselves a militia. The only thing the government should do is enforce contract law and by extension property rights, and it should somehow find a way to make money off that so they don't have to support it via taxes.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Elderbean posted:

My fave move is reminding them that their patron saint, Ayn Rand, died penniless and on welfare.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

frogge posted:

My fave move is reminding them that their patron saint, Ayn Rand, died penniless and on welfare.

Um actually that's the government's fault, if they hadn't existed she would have died an honorable klingon death in glorious battle like she should have :colbert:

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The thing about libertarianism is that is starts with reasonable claims like "the government should stay out of our private lives" and "the government serves corporations" but then if you let them talk enough it becomes "the police should only solve murders if the victims family pays them" and "companies should be allowed to put glass in food because the free market will sort it out." They acknowledge that these huge companies are robbing us blind but in their magical imagination they would all be benevolent if laws didn't exist because FREE MARKET. They'll go on and on about all of the horrific things governments have done over the years and gloss over every hosed up thing that was ever done for money.

They're so loving dumb and really insufferable because it's like being anti-vaxx in that you are now WOKE and smarter than everyone else despite being a massive retard.

Elderbean has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Sep 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Elderbean posted:

The thing about libertarianism is that is starts with reasonable claims like "the government should stay out of our private lives" and "the government serves corporations" but then if you let them talk enough it becomes "the police should only solve murders if the victims family pays them" and "companies should be allowed to put glass in food because the free market will sort it out." They acknowledge that these huge companies are robbing us blind but in their magical imagination they would all be benevolent if laws didn't exist because FREE MARKET.

The huge companies are only robbing us blind because of ~crony capitalism~ you see, which is definitely not just regular capitalism with a fake mustache on