Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

YouTube’s system doesn’t actually work on DMCAs, they just take down whatever some people ask them to automatically

unless you report something uploaded by a rich person (that google realizes is owned by a rich person)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

you have the exact same level playing field of hiring a team of professionally salaried workers to deal with google's copyright system as anyone else

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
mic dicta used a kanye track as an interstitial one time, and SoundCloud content id'd it lol

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Your appointment with FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

comedyblissoption posted:

you have the exact same level playing field of hiring a team of professionally salaried workers to deal with google's copyright system as anyone else

what's the term for 'vertically integrated corporation with de facto plenary power' in french and german

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chesnok posted:

Your appointment with FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

oh yes

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

i love that we live in metal gear solid 2: oh my god jc a bomb!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

dont be mean to me posted:

what's the term for 'vertically integrated corporation with de facto plenary power' in french and german

lots of kongruenzfehler but the shortest i can make it is: vertikalintegriert Geschäft, praxisbezogener absolutmächtig

could probably be cooked down further

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

dont be mean to me posted:

Grande enterprise integrée verticalement avec du pouvoir de facto plénipotentier.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Terak404/status/1039410847582433280

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

*gets stabbed*

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/disgusting_pig/status/1033424572262109184?s=19

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Is that that thing where you give money to a lady and she calls you a poo poo over the internet

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Amphigory posted:

Is that that thing where you give money to a lady and she calls you a poo poo over the internet

Yes

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

jfc

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

deus ex but instead of armblades it's a lame chair that come out of your rear end

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Michael Scott!!!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Amphigory posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2KoWddKD4

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1040292535778861057

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Inept posted:

The full quote is better

“We’ll use the same set of principles that have driven Amazon,” he said in his statement. “Most important among those will be genuine, intense customer obsession. The child will be the customer.”

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

quote:

He and his wife, MacKenzie, recently made their first major political donation, giving $10 million to a super PAC dedicated to helping veterans in both parties get elected to Congress.

the mccain super pac

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Rated PG-34 posted:

the mccain super pac

it's just another extreme centrism group which is using the veterans as a cover to keep it from being too obvious

quote:

Our country has been ripped apart by hyper-partisanship. We are a country where political leaders can’t even talk to each other, compromise, or get anything done. Debilitating partisanship in Washington is near a record high, while veteran representation in Congress is near a historic low.

Americans know that extreme partisanship has corroded our national legislature. No national institution is suffering a crisis of trust more than Congress. Congress no longer tackles our country’s biggest issues, and, as a result, public confidence in Congress has plummeted over the last forty years.1

Veterans represented more than half of Congress for much of the second half of the 20th Century. Although veterans have declined in the U.S. population, the decline of veterans in Congress has been far more rapid. Today, veteran representation in Congress is near a historic low at 19%.2

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Main Paineframe posted:

it's just another extreme centrism group which is using the veterans as a cover to keep it from being too obvious

maybe im dumb but i dont understand what the gently caress that graph is trying to communicate

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

maybe im dumb but i dont understand what the gently caress that graph is trying to communicate

it’s showing you how the makeup of congress has become comprised of less and less veterans since history times

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

it's partisan leanings of congressmen

it shows that over the years, far fewer Democrats have been willing to cross the aisle and vote with the GOP, and indicates that this correlates with a drop in the number of veterans in Congress

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Main Paineframe posted:

that's an awful lot of complex statistical analysis to apply without knowing about correlation and causation

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
wasnt it so much better when congress was made up of veterans who could come together across the aisle and compromise on how much to oppress minorities?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
back in the 50s it was normal to see a democratic war criminal and a republican war criminal eating together

nowadays the only place youll see war criminals is the intelligence community, the cabinet, and all over media

the two parties cant even agree on how many billions of dollars to give to the military industrial complex

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Heavy_D posted:

that's an awful lot of complex statistical analysis to apply without knowing about correlation and causation

the real purpose is to put a bunch of bored and connected rich kids to use "fighting against partisanship"

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Wouldn't there necessarily be less veterans in politics around these days just because the US is deploying smaller armies? (e.g. 16 million US soldiers fought in WW2 vs 1.5m in Iraq & Afghanistan.)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Necrothatcher posted:

Wouldn't there necessarily be less veterans in politics around these days just because the US is deploying smaller armies? (e.g. 16 million US soldiers fought in WW2 vs 1.5m in Iraq & Afghanistan.)

It’s like the rural vote: their power must be maintained even as their share of the general population shrinks.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
welp

a gas company hosed up and caused a major disaster in MA, blowing up a bunch of houses and starting fires everywhere

hell yeah bitches, fuckin love privately owned for-profit utilities

https://mobile.twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/1040374564545544193

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
that's what I'm talking about

https://twitter.com/ericfisher/stat...ingawful.com%2F

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Main Paineframe posted:

welp

a gas company hosed up and caused a major disaster in MA, blowing up a bunch of houses and starting fires everywhere

hell yeah bitches, fuckin love privately owned for-profit utilities

It's better - the National Grid workers have been on strike for two months, so the company has been using scabs to do the work

What could go wrong?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Locked out, not on strike

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

EugeneJ posted:

It's better - the National Grid workers have been on strike for two months, so the company has been using scabs to do the work

What could go wrong?

:yeshaha:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thats really easy to deface into "fired"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

and they can’t kill you if you’re already dead