Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Official ranking:

1. Jolteon (tie)
1. Vaporeon (tie)
1. Espeon (tie)
1. Umbreon (tie)
1. Glaceon (tie)
1. Leafeon (tie)
1. Sylveon (tie)
2. Flareon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Licarn posted:

Flareon is significantly cuter than spiky rabbit and fish face, but still doesn't come close to Eevee.

Sylveon is the only one that does, and Leafeon if you squint a little.

Shiny flareon is just a bigger floofier eevee and thus very cute. Shame about it being a flareon though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
imagine your lot in life is to be a Flareon, hashtag tragic, hashtag hot mess

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

In gen 1, Flareon's 110 special stat was second only to Moltres among fire types

It was still slow as balls though

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Give me an item that I can use on a pokemon to make it look like any of its pre-evolved forms. It only looks like that to me, everyone else sees the current form. 600BST Gible hear I come.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

there are only three eeveelutions

less laughter posted:

And also because this game will be so easy that even an Unown could solo it

unowns do not exist

EthanSteele posted:

Give me an item that I can use on a pokemon to make it look like any of its pre-evolved forms. It only looks like that to me, everyone else sees the current form. 600BST Gible hear I come.

I would love a permagoomy. Or like dratini and larvitar and bagon and goomy and gible as a story team

also an item that makes pokemon totem size

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

McDragon posted:

unowns do not exist

Unknown Unowns.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Flareon deserves a better lot in life, like a speed buff to an 85 or something

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Move flareon's sp.atk to hp

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
move Flareon to Box 1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Give Flareon a gun.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/narpic/status/1039302932619902976

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The only reason Sylveon exists is to fuse it with other pokemon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sylveon is creepycute, which is a good thing

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, this'll be a "sir, this is a mcdonalds" post, but I have thoughts on Lets Go.

I'm pretty soured on the game by now. I like the concept of it, the idea of revisiting Kanto, getting rid of random encounters and doing a co-op run of it sounds fun. ...but extremely limited amount of new content, on top of removing features, is just lame.

Like, removing abilities, held items and random battles sounds interesting. How do you use this to make trainer battles more interesting? the answer seems to be nah, there's nothing done for that, just easier battles and free mega evolution.
Visiting Kanto again, nice! What's Kanto like now? oh, it's just the same as Yellow but redone in the SM engine, with super fancy and pretty lighting.
What's the Pokedex like now that the OG 151 have been fleshed out and expanded so thoroughly? If it got a cool evolution in Gens 2-4 then get hosed, but a mega or alolan forme is in. Like, ideally I wanted 300+ mons, but at minimum let the evolutions hang out??? Not even Crobat, but sure, two mega charizards.
Story promised a few extra things, but, welp, it really looks like Yellow with new characters, and after USUM's tiny additions with a different endgame, I don't think I trust Lets Go to be notably different from Yellow until the 23 hour mark.

Customization is nice, and your partner doing the HM stuff is a nice lateral movement from Ride Pokemon. Catching pokemon without battling is fun. That's about all I see that's interesting.

There won't be new megas or formes, and the only new Pokemon may not even be a pokemon. And I sure as hell won't pay a sixty for a teaser of Gen 8 on my phone.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Should've kept in baby/later evolutions for the Kanto pokemon at least (I want my Crobat dammit so Mt. Moon isn't a complete waste of time)

Also maybe Togepi because that's basically considered a Kanto pokemon at this point thanks to the Anime

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As long as Let's Go doesn't outsell gen 8 I'm perfectly happy letting it be its own spinoff thing but if it does outsell gen 8 then that doesn't bode well for Gamefreak continuing to make the kinds of pokemon games I want to play

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 12, 2018

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

As long as Let's Go doesn't outsell gen 8 I'm perfectly happy letting it be its own spinoff thing but if it does outsell gen 8 then that doesn't bode well for me Gamefreak continuing to make the kinds of pokemon games I want to play

They've already said that Gen VIII will return to the usual formula - LGPE is for fans whose only exposure to Pokemon has been PoGo and yes they do in fact exist and it's hilarious watching them scoff at Gen IV designs

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i'm hyped because it's gonna get all my pokemon go friends into actually playing the games and then i can play it again because i don't know anyone irl who plays the core games anymore

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

They've already said that Gen VIII will return to the usual formula - LGPE is for fans whose only exposure to Pokemon has been PoGo and yes they do in fact exist and it's hilarious watching them scoff at Gen IV designs

yes they said gen 8 will, but cheetah is talking about gen 9

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

PSA: Zigzagoon is good, it's a messy raccoon thing and it gives me presents :3:

Linoone is smooth and sleek, so it's less good. Sorry, Linoone.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it'll actually be pretty interesting to see if LG sells notably better than the usual incredibly popular mainline games

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering the bar you have to clear to get people to play Let's Go is not any lower than normal Pokemon games (a switch system), I don't see a particularly large amount of people going for it instead of a mainline game. I guess I may be underestimating how much people like Go and don't care for mainline games simultaneously though.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Momomo posted:

Considering the bar you have to clear to get people to play Let's Go is not any lower than normal Pokemon games (a switch system), I don't see a particularly large amount of people going for it instead of a mainline game. I guess I may be underestimating how much people like Go and don't care for mainline games simultaneously though.

i know people who have sank enough money into pogo to buy multiple switches

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Momomo posted:

Pokemon Go appeals to kids that haven't played a mainline pokemon game before

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Once I learned there would be a proper Gen VIII game in 2019, I lost all ability to be angry about the Let's Go games. They look cute and kids will have a good time. and surfing Pikachu is now 100% real and cool. And having wild Pokemon encounters be overworld is a welcome change that should carry over to the main games. And Repels could mean when you get anywhere near them, they freak out, have a cute panic animation, and scamper off.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

Pokemon Go appeals to kids that haven't played a mainline pokemon game before

Ahh yesss... Hmmm... *smacks lips*

Mainline Pokemon, the Caviar of Gaming. Adults only please.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Siets posted:

Ahh yesss... Hmmm... *smacks lips*

Mainline Pokemon, the Caviar of Gaming. Adults only please.

Don't be obtuse, the marketing has literally said it's aimed at people who were introduced to Pokemon via Go, especially young children.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

hopeandjoy posted:

Don't be obtuse, the marketing has literally said it's aimed at people who were introduced to Pokemon via Go, especially young children.

I mean it has been but that doesn't stop the fact that Pokemon is a video game for babies and is made with them in mind so Marketting this one just as "The One for Newbies" doesn't make sense cause every pokemon game is easy as heck and has 4 hours of tutorials to make sure kids don't get lost.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

leave it to adult pokemon fans to get fussier than actual children

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
pokemon go to the toilet, and put pokemon go in the toilet

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I know there are a lot of numberfans in the Pokemon world but, to me, a game where I can high-five my starter and give them a lil' haircut is already at least twice as good as any previous game.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
i like jrpgs and pokemon so it makes me sad that theyre taking out the jrpg

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Charlie Bobson posted:

i like jrpgs and pokemon so it makes me sad that theyre taking out the jrpg

they didn't though

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

they didn't though

There's less of it though, stripping out fun mechanics like held items and abilities, and rather thuan making the random encounter rate sane or finding some way to make random encounters actually fun they just stripped them out entirely. Sure if the rest of the game is balanced around their lack it will be fine but my lizard brain likes seeing the experience bar go up as I run around caves and poo poo

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Might I recommend the core pokemon game coming out in 2019 if you'd like to do that

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm sort of a Gen One Only adult except that I played HeartGold like two years ago because I wanted to see the Gen 2 guys and learn them before they came to Pokemon GO. GO has Gen 3 now (and I'm scared by what's new and different) and Gen 4 is on the horizon. Anyway is there any good reason for me to dig up the Gen 3 or 4 games and play them? HeartGold was a pleasant game experience but still really weighed down with some old design concepts. I only really saw it through because it was nostalgic enough of playing Blue. If I skip to Gen 6 or 7 do I get a better game experience? I know it's all baby game stuff anyway but if I could get my baby game without annoying grinding crap and with some semblance of balance, tactics, and strategy it'd be nice.

edit: Totodile and his evolutions carried Gen 2 for me but the Gen 3 starters do nothing for me and in fact Blaziken might be my least favorite thing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Gen 7 is definitely a better experience than Gen 3 and 4 if you aren't nostalgic for them.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are really good, and if you play without the Exp. Share on you'll get a swift kick to the nuts every so often

Pokemon is cool because a lot of the challenge comes from the limits you place on yourself or who you want to use. every bad idea that people have about improving Pokemon is currently being played out in Pokemon Reborn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I can dig that. I used a team of guys I thought were cool in HeartGold and I'd definitely do the same going forward. Alolan Sandslash is a slam dunk for my team unless his stats are abominable. Shoot I used Butterfree in Blue when I was a kid.