Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The same Uber who has their own sexism problems there are still being addressed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Reality Pisser posted:

The same Uber who has their own sexism problems there are still being addressed?
While I can't speak to where Uber may be at in their own cultural overhaul (I know they had a poo poo show of things last summer like Riot is having now), but the individual Riot has hired is not just some tired old Uber exec or anything. She's a well known academic specializing in organizational operations, and has largely been a positive influence when she's held advisory executive positions.

That Riot has hired her is probably a Good Thing.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

That is true.

But they also hired Seyfarth. Everyone got all up in arms about their anti-union history (not why they got hired, guys) and somehow managed to miss that Seyfarth repped the Weinstein Company post-Harvey, NBC post-Lauer, and Brett Favre, among many many other stellar examples.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Kalman posted:

That is true.

But they also hired Seyfarth. Everyone got all up in arms about their anti-union history (not why they got hired, guys) and somehow managed to miss that Seyfarth repped the Weinstein Company post-Harvey, NBC post-Lauer, and Brett Favre, among many many other stellar examples.

I'm not excusing any of their other poo poo decisions, just saying that at least for a change they made a good one.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
https://kotaku.com/riot-games-says-it-wants-to-clean-up-its-mess-but-the-1829013902

More crazy poo poo. This scott guy sounds like a winner.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Ryze and Tryndamere should get “re-worked”!!!!!!!! As in why do they still have jobs.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Kalman posted:

That is true.

Seyfarth kind of represents everyone in employment matters though. I think they have the biggest labor and employment practice I the country.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know if this applies to anyone but me in the thread but apparently the new game mode can trigger epileptic seizures so avoid it until its fixed if thats a problem for you

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

kingcobweb posted:

Ryze and Tryndamere should get “re-worked”!!!!!!!! As in why do they still have jobs.

maybe the new ryze ult was an attempt to subtly suggest to brandon beck that he should 'realm warp' out of the company, along with up to 4 of his most toxic buddies

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

JerryLee posted:

maybe the new ryze ult was an attempt to subtly suggest to brandon beck that he should 'realm warp' out of the company, along with up to 4 of his most toxic buddies

The culture at Riot games is like Tryndamere. It just doesnt die no mater how much damage is done to it and the one tricks will spin just spin away to split push way too much of the team gold.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Well sir maybe the issue is really a deeper one with the culture of the comp- *chicken appears above head*

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If you live in NA, you can "recruit" a player that hasn't been online in 2 months and get one of the skins for free, so if you've got old accounts laying around and a friend to play on that account you can pick at least one of them up for free.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
These new skins for creeps are annoying how do I turn them off. Looked into settings and I could find the audio change but not the creep skins.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Enigma89 posted:

These new skins for creeps are annoying how do I turn them off. Looked into settings and I could find the audio change but not the creep skins.

It's there. Usually at the bottom of the graphics menu to turn off themes on summoner's rift

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Enigma89 posted:

Changing settings is really a gold V skill but you'll get there keep at it

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
sigh

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

If only you could change your name in-game to Austrian Art School and kill him first

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

[red team after Adolf Critler dives in and dies] this guy is actually just inting

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Schiavona posted:

If only you could change your name in-game to Austrian Art School and kill him first

:five:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Schiavona posted:

friend: man, if i could go back in time... i would kill hitler. how about you?

sexpansion: yeah. yeah... something like that.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

gvibes posted:

Seyfarth kind of represents everyone in employment matters though. I think they have the biggest labor and employment practice I the country.

Well, "everyone" as long as you're talking company/management side, yeah. (I mostly wanted to make the point that Riot wasn't hiring them for their anti-union expertise, but for their expertise in minimizing consequences to companies for hostile work environments.)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

They should hire me as their ninja/samurai removal consultant.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Anyone they hire will rule towards whatever benefits the management the most since management are the ones who are paying them.

A company that rules towards employees wouldnt last long as no company would actually hire them.

Capitalism is the best.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Anyone they hire will rule towards whatever benefits the management the most since management are the ones who are paying them.

A company that rules towards employees wouldnt last long as no company would actually hire them.

Capitalism is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4X2b-CEGNg

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

If you think about it we can't hate capitalism because it brought us such wonders as league of legends

Actually...

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Now you just need to rub against someone and do that and you'll fit right in.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

What we need is more dorky as hell goon segues into how :siren:CAPITALISM IS BAD:siren: instead of talking about anything else in the League of Legends thread

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nothing dorky about admitting universal truths such as capitalism brought us teemo and his fifteen skins

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I like odyssey mode, the augments are cool

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i want to play odyssey mode but i prefer not having a seizure so that sucks

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Servaetes posted:

What we need is more dorky as hell goon segues into how :siren:CAPITALISM IS BAD:siren: instead of talking about anything else in the League of Legends thread

this response is so much more dorky than SSJ_naruto_2003's joke post lmao. servaetes is a cop

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

that is unfortunate. was there any warning or does riot not know about flashing lights

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

what exactly is causing it anyway?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

the bullet hell section with kayn

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

:siren:CAPITALISM IS BAD:siren:
If you take the post out of context you are correct

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

that is unfortunate. was there any warning or does riot not know about flashing lights

allegedly they didnt test this on the PBE which is why it got past testing. the only other time this has happened was with the dark star orianna log in screen and they fixed that pretty fast so i hope they can fix this quickly edit: actually i think this may have happened with super galaxy gnar too, which also wasnt tested on the pbe apparently?

Servaetes posted:

what exactly is causing it anyway?

i havent looked at anything for fear of suffering for no reason but from what i understand something about kayns ult or, something? something to do with kayn has a lot of flashing gates.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Servaetes posted:

What's there to segue? I'm just here with popcorn enjoying the show. I mean maybe valve will have a break down at this point but Riot seems hellbent on it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

He's right though.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Have you considered, perhaps, that capitalism is actually Yasuo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of invincible samurais/ninjas.