Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
forums cancer isn't funny either. hth. you cretin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

shut the gently caress up stymie

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

jit bull transpile posted:

forums cancer isn't funny either. hth. you cretin

/me cracks up laughing at this post, and all the other kneeslappers in the 'pos

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
shut the gently caress up dim-stymie

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

lol

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

sorry i'll let you get back to the jokes

Schadenboner posted:

Check out Richie Rich over here: buying un-dented cans!

gahahahahahahhaaha

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

syscall girl posted:

quoting people used to say "so and so came out of the closet to post" too

Sounds like someone has ptsd

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

new phones bad, Apple Pay good, amethyst boring

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

im starting to think this whole tech thing was a mistake

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Schadenboner posted:

Check out Richie Rich over here: buying un-dented cans!

when my dad was in college in the 70s he somehow got a super deal on a bunch of cans that had been in the supermarket when it flooded, so all the labels had melted off. the food inside was fine but nobody knew what they were any more. but hey it was just pennies per can! so for like a month he ate random luck-of-the-draw canned whatever for dinner. apparently it was mostly kidney beans and peaches in syrup.

i wish stores would still do poo poo like that

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

weird way to spell wegmans

I just want to back up this statement, Wegmans is awesome.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I'm eager to see how Apple will eventually destroy itself, tbh.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

did you miss the keynote

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

waiting for the iPhone Performa

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

a trillion dollars. it's not going to happen soon

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

OldAlias posted:

a trillion dollars. it's not going to happen soon

stock market valuation means about as much as the state lotto

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

no but the absurd mountain of cash they have matters. after a certain point you need to really focus on self destruction, they'll keep existing for a long time. evidently it doesn't matter what any of us think of their products

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

just look at what Tesla sells and how they’re still in business

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

OldAlias posted:

no but the absurd mountain of cash they have matters. after a certain point you need to really focus on self destruction, they'll keep existing for a long time. evidently it doesn't matter what any of us think of their products

the thing apple doom sayers always forget is that their competition is anroid and windows laptop makers

apple would have to plummet historically hard to be worse than that

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
oh no, some nerdlords who complain about every product are also complaining about this product, the company must be doomed

it's a good product and the market loves it. i don't know why we don't make a smaller form factor for the people with hang-ups about size since we're apparently fine with a pretty broad product line, but personally i switched from a 5s to an x last year and can't imagine voluntarily going back to that screen size again

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

rjmccall posted:

oh no, some nerdlords who complain about every product are also complaining about this product, the company must be doomed

it's a good product and the market loves it. i don't know why we don't make a smaller form factor for the people with hang-ups about size since we're apparently fine with a pretty broad product line, but personally i switched from a 5s to an x last year and can't imagine voluntarily going back to that screen size again

you are a dweeb lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Amethyst posted:

you are a dweeb lol

:drat:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

https://twitter.com/eli_schiff/status/1040111233502982144

e: hmm i only wanted to link that second tweet I dunno what this "soyface" bullshit is

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 13, 2018

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

They announced the original SE during a march event. It could happen. I believe there is still good in this world.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Amethyst posted:

e: hmm i only wanted to link that second tweet I dunno what this "soyface" bullshit is

It means you're quoting an literal nazi, you cumstain.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

It means you're quoting an literal nazi, you cumstain.

i don't think it does, actually. I think it means i was scrolling twitter and saw a funny gif. what the hell is wrong with you morons

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

schadenboner do you get out of bed in the morning and instantly get indignant about the way your cat looks at you?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Amethyst posted:

schadenboner do you get out of bed in the morning and instantly get indignant about the way your cat looks at you?

I work third shift.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

I work third shift.

take a vacation and try not being a tetchy idiot

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I also don't have an catte, so your question doesn't really make a lot of sense?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
really excited about the opportunity to preorder new consumer gadgets on friday

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

I also don't have an catte, so your question doesn't really make a lot of sense?

i can see how this would be confusing for you

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

rjmccall posted:

making a small phone is harder than making a big phone, they get worse battery life and people will get pissy if you charge more for the small phone than the big one

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
maybe it’s just me, but perhaps they ought to make the small, good phones and not listen to every petty user complaint, especially when they go against steve’s wisdom

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

graph posted:

ok gramps

says an iphone se ios 9 zealot lonarf

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Amethyst posted:

i can see how this would be confusing for you

Because it was a poorly-phrased question on your part which made assumptions about your audience's lived experience without you having the factual basis to make such assumptions?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i would enjoy a modern iphone 1/3g/3gs formfactor for receiving a telephone call

but for the apps, hell, you gotta give it to the big screens. all that text and buttons

youre supposed to get a big phone for scrolling and a watch for quick thinggs

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

jit bull transpile posted:

the thing apple doom sayers always forget is that their competition is anroid and windows laptop makers

apple would have to plummet historically hard to be worse than that

the iphone is most of the business still though (58%, but you pretty much have to add a lot of the 18% services on top of that, as they are for the most part intertwined with the ios ecosystem), and if they gently caress up a generation bad enough things will get iffy pretty quick. sure they have a lot of cash, but if the iphone sales tank the stock price will tank, and most likely there will then be an immense pressure for dividends or buybacks

the mac business is not going to go away easily, but there is a lot of room for a pretty dramatic fall from grace

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Schadenboner posted:

Because it was a poorly-phrased question on your part which made assumptions about your audience's lived experience without you having the factual basis to make such assumptions?

i want you to know that your posts are consistently the worst ones i ever see from someone whose annoying behavior is too banal to go on the ignore list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I thought the Mac business only existed for the iOS business at this point