Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Legendary hero will be manakete mcorrin and literally nobody will pull for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Legendary hero will be manakete mcorrin and literally nobody will pull for him

IntSys is evil, not stupid, they gave him out as a Tempest Trial reward almost a year ago so they know the score

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I dont care for Ophelia or Nina but I do like how specific Flora's niche as a dragon killer is.

It also fits with her being the defensive sister without forcing her to use Bonfire and allowing her to use Iceberg. Very cute.

She seems garbage as a dragon killer

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, if they're ending Book 2 tomorrow, the other banner being an OC banner is certainly possible.

ApplesandOranges posted:

It won't be a Birthright banner, but they'd probably add at least one male, so either Hayato/Yukimura or one of the neutrals (Shura/Izana/Fuga).

Reina is also decently popular, moreso than Orochi.

I haven't really kept track of the popularity polls, so that was mostly just a guess based on vaguely remembered personalities and spritework. I can see Reina being popular, but wasn't Hayato near the bottom in terms of popularity? I'd think they'd use one of the children before him, which is... either Hisame or Kiragi.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Andrast posted:

Guaranteed doubles and laughs at adaptive damage. It'd depend on her ATK stat, but she has the skillset to do it.

I doubt she'd beat L!Marth in that role though, so.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
They really should just add beasts and get it over with, their absence is getting to be a little conspicuous. Waiting until the popularity stsrts to tail off maybe. Not that I know how FEH is doing these days

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

They really should just add beasts and get it over with, their absence is getting to be a little conspicuous. Waiting until the popularity stsrts to tail off maybe. Not that I know how FEH is doing these days

it made like 60 million dollars over the summer

https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-heroes-summer-revenue-tops-60-million-up-34-from-2017/

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

It looks like she can do decent nuking with glacies, at elast.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

It looks like she can do decent nuking with glacies, at elast.

why would you put glacies on a hero that sometimes gets +20 def

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Lord Koth posted:

Well, if they're ending Book 2 tomorrow, the other banner being an OC banner is certainly possible.

I haven't really kept track of the popularity polls, so that was mostly just a guess based on vaguely remembered personalities and spritework. I can see Reina being popular, but wasn't Hayato near the bottom in terms of popularity? I'd think they'd use one of the children before him, which is... either Hisame or Kiragi.

Males generally did poorly; the highest ranked male not already in is Forrest at 117th. After that we have Benny (281st), Kiragi (295th), Shura (309th), Izana (372nd), Hayato (413rd), Asugi (463rd), Yukimura (520th), Percy (538th), Hisame (557th), Ignatius (590th), Fuga (608th).

Excluding Keaton/Kaden though, they're ridiculously popular.

Heck, even Shiro (one of the bigger male kids) was 315th. Siegbert did even worse (448th).

Though, Orochi did much better in CYL2 (166th, compared to Fates-only where she was the worst female).

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 13, 2018

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
Wishful thinking but I hope they add older seasonal units (Spring Lucina, Xander, etc.) to the permanent pool sometime soon. They're not very meta and it makes no sense to run three seasonal banners at the same time by year 3 (current year + reruns of the previous two years).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Guaranteed doubles and laughs at adaptive damage. It'd depend on her ATK stat, but she has the skillset to do it.

I doubt she'd beat L!Marth in that role though, so.

That’s really not enough to be good against the vast majority of dragons you come up against in arena imo, especially when she is useless against them in the player phase.

Maybe against green dragons but any of the non-poo poo Falchion users seem better at it to me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't want the 5* pool even more clogged. Maybe accompanied by a mass demotion it'd be fine

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Elyv posted:

Depends how high her res is relative to her def after boost. If they're about equal you may as well stick with Glacies so you can proc it against mages.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

because she will probably have like 20 def at base

Depending on her stats her kit she does have potential though.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 13, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Elyv posted:

because she probably has 38 res and ALSO ICE MAID WOO WOO

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ultimately if this banner came in another month I'd probably pull for Nina but as it is it's a skip

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't want the 5* pool even more clogged. Maybe accompanied by a mass demotion it'd be fine

i wonder how players would feel about like a rotating 5* pool per minor banner. like you get focus units and a specific set of off-focus 5*s but way too many to advertise as individual units. read the Details listing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Andrast posted:

because she will probably have like 20 def at base

Depending on her stats her kit she does have potential though.

I would guess more like... 12 Def.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
All of this got me thinking, as much as I want a FE7 and/or FE9 banner, when are we gonna get more characters from FE6 and FE15? Like, when was the last time we got a FE6 character not named Roy or Lilina?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The last non-alt FE6 character was Klein

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Huh, the powercreep really did start with CYL2. Under most circumstances, I might as well run Atk/Res Solo instead of Deathblow 3 (I know there's a 4 now). And when Atk/Spd Solo inevitably comes out, then there's no reason to run LaD 3 (presumably we'll get LaD 4).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

Huh, the powercreep really did start with CYL2. Under most circumstances, I might as well run Atk/Res Solo instead of Deathblow 3 (I know there's a 4 now). And when Atk/Spd Solo inevitably comes out, then there's no reason to run LaD 3 (presumably we'll get LaD 4).

Eh, I don't think the solo skills are really powercreep since there are in fact plenty of situations where they are worse than DB3 (or LaD for that matter).

The attack up skill is powercreep.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I am very much expecting a skill refinery to come out in 3.0. These new Rally+ skills only reinforce that impression. An interesting side effect of a skill refinery would be the possibility of old characters getting new Prf skills instead of just weapons.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Let Odin refine for future vision.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Odin's Brand is on his arm though, so... Future Throw?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Follow up with Forseti is kind of like the part of chapter 2 in FE4 where Silvia and Lewyn tag-team a bunch of brigands in Agustria. Cute.

edit: new grandmaster is extremely hard

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 13, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

That Bephraim was literally my last 3 orbs. By some dark miracle, I got all four brave units in the nick of time before the banner exploded, and they don't have sucky natures.

Belica: Neutral (freebie)
Bephraim: +Atk/-Res
Bector: +Atk/-Def
Beronica: +Def/-Res

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I expect that if we're gonna get Beast units, it's gonna be with book 3.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

It won't be a Birthright banner, but they'd probably add at least one male, so either Hayato/Yukimura or one of the neutrals (Shura/Izana/Fuga).

Reina is also decently popular, moreso than Orochi.

Butbut... best gal Mozu. :(

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

rannum posted:

more often than not the rarity just means i go with old more common standbys because what if i need them later.

it's nice the tactics and stances are starting to fall at least, those are fun to mess with.

Very much this. I can make a monster out of someone now, "buuuut whaaat iiiiiiiiiif.. Here, have QR2". So many cool skills I have a single verison of just hanging around on a random 5* bored in the barracks.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I've just realized that out of all the 23 GHBs the game has had, loving 15 of them have been Infantry.
    - 15 infantry GHBs
    - 5 Cavalry GHBs
    - 3 Flier GHBs
    - 1 Armor GHB
:wtc: Garon better be an Armor.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 13, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No new armors ever please

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Andrast posted:

No new armors ever please

what harm is there in a ghb armor that can't be whaled for

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

what harm is there in a ghb armor that can't be whaled for

It’s taking the spot of a potentially worthwhile unit

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016
...Why is the Ice Maid a red unit?

Also lol @ the guy being the obvious demote again. I guess Y chromosomes just don't sell.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Andrast posted:

It’s taking the spot of a potentially worthwhile unit

Oh.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

seriously though, they should add some new armors that aren't insane pushed whale bait

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Catastrophe90 posted:

...Why is the Ice Maid a red unit?

Also lol @ the guy being the obvious demote again. I guess Y chromosomes just don't sell.

Same reason Bonfire is the preferred skill on her and she needs a Fire Blessing to be optimal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
The 3* and 4* available armours units are just as good as any whale-bait armours.