Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Spider-Man "Of course... Iron Fist must be Suwan and her cohorts!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Iron Fist just had to take a poo poo real bad.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Johnny Walker posted:

Why would plotting a murder result in the absolute destruction of a theater?

This entire series of events is secretly being orchestrated by Suwan, a la Inglourious Basterds.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm playing the new Spider-Man game and just got to the bit where Peter tells May "Oh we lost funding at work today.... also I got evicted.... can I come sleep in your homeless shelter?" and it's delivered with almost perfect Newspaper Spider-Man dopeyness :allears:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

I'm playing the new Spider-Man game and just got to the bit where Peter tells May "Oh we lost funding at work today.... also I got evicted.... can I come sleep in your homeless shelter?" and it's delivered with almost perfect Newspaper Spider-Man dopeyness :allears:

The best part is May not letting him stay in her home but telling him to sleep on her office couch. Still hasn't forgiven him for breaking up her and Moley.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Push El Burrito posted:

The best part is May not letting him stay in her home but telling him to sleep on her office couch. Still hasn't forgiven him for breaking up her and Moley.

So far that whole segment was my favorite part of the game. The quest to hunt down the garbage truck to find your stuff was hilarious and really sad at the same time.

Also the discussion with the NPC about pizza places was sublime.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ConfusedUs posted:

So far that whole segment was my favorite part of the game. The quest to hunt down the garbage truck to find your stuff was hilarious and really sad at the same time.

Also the discussion with the NPC about pizza places was sublime.

They really nailed down Pete as a regular dude who is New York through and through.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So, while we're on the topic of the new game, I don't have a ps4 but I'm hearing that when you have the camera pointed towards Pete's phone screen, his messaging colors look suspiciously like that of Grindr...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yes my name is Mafia Don Notacop and I am here to hear about all the crimes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Now they begin their vaudeville number

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's more of a crime presentation than a crime summit. you can't really have a discussion when everyone is in theater seats. granted, it's supposed to be a trap where all those guys die, but it's probably not a very good trap.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This is just the keynote.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Samuringa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p05isDTiFSI&t=64s

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Samuringa posted:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Their "entrance" is apparently just them walking on to the stage while it's dark and then turning on the lights?

Unless they are using some top secret teleportation technology and that "klik" is them literally blinking into existence.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Samuringa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmvuRJzads4

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

e: whoops wrong thread.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

I love this thread.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Now this is quality content.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Nice to see Kingpin took the time to change into his baby blue suit and his black shirt with white cuffs

mrchoupon
Jun 3, 2001

I was hoping Iron Fist went to get Luke Cage for an awesome Heroes for Hire team up. Has Cage shown up in the strip yet?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

God drat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't think of many things that would be more beautiful than Luke Cage showing up in Newspaper Spider-Man.... but here's one of them:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
"The Aristocrats!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm hoping this ends in something as cartoonishly stupid as Kingpin pressing a button & causing the floor to open into a bottomless pit beneath all the Crime Summit Attendees.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Given the first panel, they're just cardboard cutouts of Fisk and Claw.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Haifisch posted:

I'm hoping this ends in something as cartoonishly stupid as Kingpin pressing a button & causing the floor to open into a bottomless pit beneath all the Crime Summit Attendees.

The fountain of youth had a bathtub drain, anything's possible.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Well, theatres are well-known for having trapdoors...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I expect magnets.

Love the dude with his arm in front of spidey's whisper

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kingpin is going to literally have something up his sleeve.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Completely transparent bullet proof glass. Fisk or Claw will say "Did you think we were fools?" Then Fisk will press the button built into his ridiculous diamond topped cane. It will take two weeks at minimum to get to this point.

It will be another week before we find out what that button does.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I expect magnets.

Love the dude with his arm in front of spidey's whisper

It's a very loud gun

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kingpin will pull out a pistol and point it at them. the gangsters will immediately give up.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

The fountain of youth had a bathtub drain, anything's possible.

Uncle Moley arc is probably the most dumb and surreal I've seen the comic get.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's the Tennis Court of Owls storyline!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Those teeth.

joehonkie fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

"But first we need to deal with Spider-Man, Danny Rand, and some other people they're all in that balcony right over there. Open Fire!"