Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Chaotic Fizzy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Well, for a while the gods tried playing Shadowrun. They were into Werewolf: The Apocalypse for a bit. That one memorial about three-quarters of the way down on the left is the time they played Paranoia; they don't talk about that one.

Did you think you were as right as you ended up being?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

No. :cry:

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Phenotype posted:

^ oh wtf no you can't just post that, don't make me cry

We 3 brings back so many memories. Sad memories.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
If Rich is every dumb enough to do another kickstarter, the first stretch goal better be a one-shot of the legend of Laser-Snail.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Gynovore posted:

Chaotic Fizzy?
Lawful Refreshing.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

PMush Perfect posted:

What alignment do you think the soda is?

Look at that 5 o'clock shadow -- the soda is obviously chaotic good.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

I like the implication that some of the creatures from the sentient movie theater snacks world survived and made it to this one. DEEP SETTING RAMIFICATIONS.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Colonel Cool posted:

I like the implication that some of the creatures from the sentient movie theater snacks world survived and made it to this one. DEEP SETTING RAMIFICATIONS.
Suddenly my theory that the world is woven from literal plot threads and not everything from the crayon stories has actually happened in this one is gaining traction!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Colonel Cool posted:

To me it's the opposite implication, suggesting that #301 was actually an interlude set millions or billions of years ago. (Likewise that means that this comic just has an unknowable-time-spanning abyssal flashback for punchline value.)

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

So are the gods always the same gods, or is Thor only Thor because that’s what the setting demanded?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

blastron posted:

So are the gods always the same gods, or is Thor only Thor because that’s what the setting demanded?

Well given that he looks like a stick figure and this world was explicitly defined as a stick figure world, his appearance is probably dictated by the beholder.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Did you think you were as right as you ended up being?

Eh, that was the obvious joke.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I have no idea what this is about. Someone tell me more.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
It's a 3 part comic called "We3" apparently, you can read the synopsis on Wikipedia like I did if you want but the gist of it is:

Scientists turn ordinary animals into high-powered weapon platforms with limited speech
Guilt-ridden scientist sets them free
Confused animals with death weaponry try to escape and survive

and a much bigger spoiler:
That bunny got shot in the head and lost speech functions, is about to be killed.

D1Sergo fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 13, 2018

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

There Bias Two posted:

Well given that he looks like a stick figure and this world was explicitly defined as a stick figure world, his appearance is probably dictated by the beholder.

Well. I think it was established very early on that whoever's eye it's in, it's not that of a Beholder

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

D1Sergo posted:

It's a 3 part comic called "We3" apparently, you can read the synopsis on Wikipedia like I did if you want but the gist of it is:
I picked it up for Kindle after reading the first link and wasn't disappointed, though as you can pick up it's more sad than the likes of say, Beasts of Burden.

I'm a sucker for these, but they always wreck me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We3 is excellent but don't read it if you are sensitive about animals.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The animals die or suffer but then find some measure of temporary happiness. There I spoiled it for you

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

Endless Mike posted:

We3 is excellent but don't read it if you are sensitive about animals.

This. I read it once, bawled my eyes out, can’t read it again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Thank you for the heads-up. It sounds super interesting, but I can't even watch those abused animal shelter commercials.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The way One is just concerned about being a gud dog the whole time is just :smith:

Two being a cat hates people and calls them stink and doesn't want anything to do with them.

Three probably has the least character out of them iirc. I don't particularly feel up for reading it again though. Something about it hits me harder than it should every goddamn time.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Notably We3 also has gorgeous combat scenes.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Len posted:

The way One is just concerned about being a gud dog the whole time is just :smith:

Two being a cat hates people and calls them stink and doesn't want anything to do with them.

Three probably has the least character out of them iirc. I don't particularly feel up for reading it again though. Something about it hits me harder than it should every goddamn time.
Three is basically hungry and worried all the time, which is only appropriate for a rabbit.

Uh-oh :smith:

And yeah, the art is great. I think people tend to not like Frank Quitely's stuff but what he does in We3 is at times outright astonishing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The covers were good as hell too. Each was a missing pet poster only done in different styles. One of them was done to imitate crayon and a small child's hand writing

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Because they were all just friendly family pets until they got lost outside and got kidnapped. :(

Stop talking about this drat comic. :(

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

To me it's the opposite implication, suggesting that #301 was actually an interlude set millions or billions of years ago. (Likewise that means that this comic just has an unknowable-time-spanning abyssal flashback for punchline value.)

I just reread 301 and noticed that pizza kills milk duds, causing soda to swear vengeance.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Is he ok?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

No, intercullinary conflict changes people.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Who? Thunt?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Anyone. But mostly Rich.

E: or you. Are you ok?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nuclear War posted:

Anyone. But mostly Rich.

E: or you. Are you ok?

Yes I am. Thank you for asking. :) Would be even better if we were bestowed a new comic by Rich.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I almost don't want to push it. Updates have been coming pretty regularly for the last month or so, and we're finally getting to the plot dump that answers some of the mysteries that have been going on for ten years. I think he's gotten to a good spot in the comic where everything has been planned out already, so he can just keep churning 'em out from his outlines without having to do a whole lot of creation.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Epicurius posted:

I just reread 301 and noticed that pizza kills milk duds, causing soda to swear vengeance.

Latte will get him in the end.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

rocketrobot posted:

Latte will get him in the end.

I almost want a system of little stars to show how many years he's been holding on to a particular plot point

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Hot take: having any problem literally solved by a God will feel like a Deus ex machina

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
If they're not dangling from a wire it doesn't count.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Rich just posted the last of the wallpapers from his holy-crap-was-it-really-that-long-ago Kickstarter drive, and he hopes to have the Cliffport Police Departmetn backer story done by the end of the year.

He's also been doing about one comic a week for a long time, with the only notable hiatus in that time being right before the finale of Durkula's arc.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
People who asked for the patience crayon drawings are hopefully extremely patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
At least one of them is literally dead.