Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

The 3* and 4* available armours units are just as good as any whale-bait armours.

yeah Draug is really strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
but gwendo and draug are boring.

effie is cool though

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

The 3* and 4* available armours units are just as good as any whale-bait armours.

This is definitely not true, but they're close enough.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I wish they didnt make spd such a dump stat for armors :(

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Playable Garon will be great!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Draug is actually reasonably fast(although not fast enough to quad with his brave sword, it's like literally the worst possible weapon for him), but awkwardly most of the best armor abilities basically read "you get to ignore speed"

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Folt The Bolt posted:

Playable Garon will be great!
I'm curious what they'll do with his voice lines. I expect a lot of angry growling and something about rebellions and seeds but maybe they'll do something neat with him like giving us an unpossessed Garon

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Elyv posted:

Draug is actually reasonably fast(although not fast enough to quad with his brave sword, it's like literally the worst possible weapon for him), but awkwardly most of the best armor abilities basically read "you get to ignore speed"

this is why they added special fighter, which only gets better with high natural speed. Special fighter on a speed invested armor like Amelia, Draug, or Zelgius is insane.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

There was just a little update that fixed a bug with Trilemma+ that inflicted special cooldown -1 in combat, which is effectively Guard Smoke. That would actually be a really cool staff effect so I hope that's something that's in the works. It could literally be Guard+ which would make sense as a staff imo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

this is why they added special fighter, which only gets better with high natural speed. Special fighter on a speed invested armor like Amelia, Draug, or Zelgius is insane.

or you could just have a broken prf that lets you double anyway

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

yeah Draug is really strong
He has DEF up the rear end, which is good enough for me. Him, Sheena and Effie are going to be my ticket into permanent tier 21.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Andrast posted:

or you could just have a broken prf that lets you double anyway

i mean, yeah, but natural speed is still good too, and special fighter on its own paired with high speed is arguably better than auto double effects, because its special acceleration AND guard, which keeps you safe from specials which could be the only thing that kills you

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

He has DEF up the rear end, which is good enough for me. Him, Sheena and Effie are going to be my ticket into permanent tier 21.

I’d rather stop playing than do that

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 13, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

i mean, yeah, but natural speed is still good too, and special fighter on its own paired with high speed is arguably better than auto double effects, because its special acceleration AND guard, which keeps you safe from specials which could be the only thing that kills you

That high speed generally costs you a defensive stat though

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

I remember a few patches ago they made a change where your lowest scoring unit factors higher into your arena scoring so I'm actually not sure this will work.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

I’d rather stop playing than do that
I'm finding Armor Emblem a lot more fun than the horse hell of lower tiers. It's not just all about the ORKO anymore and a lovely map rarely ruins your day. HP management is far more important and all these units have so much bulk that you can afford to match them against a unit even with triangle disadvantage sometimes.

There's something deeply satisfying about Sheena Aether-hammering Zelgius's dumb, stupid face in for a KO.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Elyv posted:

I remember a few patches ago they made a change where your lowest scoring unit factors higher into your arena scoring so I'm actually not sure this will work.
I'm math% sure that doesn't apply to AA, which is honestly the reason why I'm still sticking with this.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

I'm finding Armor Emblem a lot more fun than the horse hell of lower tiers. It's not just all about the ORKO anymore and a lovely map rarely ruins your day. HP management is far more important and all these units have so much bulk that you can afford to match them against a unit even with triangle disadvantage sometimes.

There's something deeply satisfying about Sheena Aether-hammering Zelgius's dumb, stupid face in for a KO.

I’m willing to use an armor in my team. That’s it.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

I'm math% sure that doesn't apply to AA, which is honestly the reason why I'm still sticking with this.

I think it does, but in AA you can just add your fourth most expensive unit anyway. My experience so far is if I lead with my +10 Nino/+10 FCorrin/+10 Hana/+10 Sheena team and use only units with that week's blessings the rest of the way to a deathless run, I end up comfortably in the top 2k.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Andrast posted:

I’m willing to use an armor in my team. That’s it.

Well there's your problem. Using exactly one armor is the worst way to use armors.

I like armors so much I've got two armor teams (since they let us have 15 teams anyway) but I'd never consider that if I didn't have 3 Armor March characters (plus Armored Boots although MGrima hogs that one a lot of the time since he's the only armor on Team Dragon)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

Well there's your problem. Using exactly one armor is the worst way to use armors.

I like armors so much I've got two armor teams (since they let us have 15 teams anyway) but I'd never consider that if I didn't have 3 Armor March characters (plus Armored Boots although MGrima hogs that one a lot of the time since he's the only armor on Team Dragon)

I have used full armors teams.

they are rear end

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lol if you use anything else other than infantry daggers

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oh, I thought the banner was today for some reason. Guess I'm gonna try to scrape up 5 orbs and try to break pity on CYL

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Retcon posted:

I'm curious what they'll do with his voice lines. I expect a lot of angry growling and something about rebellions and seeds but maybe they'll do something neat with him like giving us an unpossessed Garon

it's the coveted Good Dad Garon
"I LOVE my children!"
"Would never kill the king of another country and steal their kid"
"You know what I hate? War"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

When are we getting the real hero of Fates, Hans?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope and pray we get slime man garon and not regular evil dad king garon

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I hope and pray we get slime man garon and not regular evil dad king garon

it will be like Black Knight/Zelgius
We get REDK Garon for free, but Slime Garon will be in a future banner as the 5* green unit.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
There is a cipher card of pre evil dragon garon on a horse wielding the siegfried so please look forward to red cav that is xander but slightly more res and slightly less defense

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Nages posted:

There is a cipher card of pre evil dragon garon on a horse wielding the siegfried so please look forward to red cav that is xander but slightly more res and slightly less defense

when is hilariously edgey risen king chrom getting added to heroes

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

When are we getting the real hero of Fates, Hans?
The real Fates hero is that one flier dude in Conquest with 4 rallies. Put him on a banner plz IS.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

The real Fates hero is that one flier dude in Conquest with 4 rallies. Put him on a banner plz IS.

Put Haitaka on a banner with him too.

Haitaka really carried me on Lunatic

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

rannum posted:

when is hilariously edgey risen king chrom getting added to heroes

crombie owns, add him along side exalt lucina and generic risen w/ lance

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Roger Explosion posted:

Rallyman's not a flier, I'm pretty sure. I wanna say he's a master of arms, but don't quote me on that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

Rallyman's not a flier, I'm pretty sure. I wanna say he's a master of arms, but don't quote me on that.

I'm pretty sure you are right.

gently caress that map too

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Probably, but I give so little of a poo poo about Fates to check.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i for one can't wait to have big scary murder king in my roster

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

I'm pretty sure you are right.

gently caress that map too

gently caress all of late conquest.

LET'S NOT HAVE A SAVE POINT BEFORE THE FINAL MAP.

THIS WILL BE SO MUCH FUN.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Btw I'm totally gonna pull Ophelia depending on her stats

Despite me being insanely pro-Lute a while back, she's been having trouble pulling her weight on Blademage Squad lately and a new blue mage would be great. With Ophelia's assist skill she'll fit right in. Just not sure whether I want to use her QP weapon or give her Blarblade too.

Flora seems cool too ofc, we'll see how my luck is w/r/t pulling Ophelia to determine whether I wanna dump more orbs into this one

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

gently caress all of late conquest.

LET'S NOT HAVE A SAVE POINT BEFORE THE FINAL MAP.

THIS WILL BE SO MUCH FUN.

I love Conquest (even all the gigantic gently caress you maps) but that save thing was really loving lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

Btw I'm totally gonna pull Ophelia depending on her stats

Despite me being insanely pro-Lute a while back, she's been having trouble pulling her weight on Blademage Squad lately and a new blue mage would be great. With Ophelia's assist skill she'll fit right in. Just not sure whether I want to use her QP weapon or give her Blarblade too.

Flora seems cool too ofc, we'll see how my luck is w/r/t pulling Ophelia to determine whether I wanna dump more orbs into this one

If you just want a blue blade mage, why not promote a Tailtiu?