Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I just hope the new stuff doesn't splinter the mods yet again, although I kind of don't see how it couldn't, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
XCom: Apocalypse reboot DLC or bust, imo.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Angry Diplomat posted:

XCom: Apocalypse reboot DLC or bust, imo.

That'll be a full fledged sequel.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Wasn't there an interview with Jake Solomon about WotC where he said something like this being the first time he felt like he truely completed something?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i was playing a campaign tonight and at some point the medkit just totally disappeared. i couldnt equip it, it wasnt on any of my soldiers, but it was available to sell in the black market. so i got to be down 36 supplies because. reasons.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Vib Rib posted:

"Play as Aliens" campaign or bust. :colbert:

Only if Bradford is replaced with the Chosen constantly giving you poo poo. Just the mental image of these 3 shithead siblings literally playing backseat general is hilarious.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Let the commander challenge the chosen more directly, call up the elders and say we want in on this "winner gets the planet" poo poo as contestant 4

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Come to think of it, a sort of hardmode prequel where you play as Bradford and have to go around scraping together the Resistance from nothing and tracking down the Commander could be pretty neat.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
XCOM Enforcer in the XCOM 2 engine.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Two words: Dr. Vahlen

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Iron Crowned posted:

Alternate history where her Alien Ruler experiments succeed, and you take a squad of them and rampage around.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Did that retard 4 guy from the last thread kill himself out of shame?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Alternate history where her Alien Ruler experiments succeed, and you take a squad of them and rampage around.

Alternate history where XCOM wins the first invasion and now the surviving alien refugees need to mount an insurgency to gain enough tech to leave the planet for good.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I just want to see a Lobsterman / shoot a Toxgun.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A mode where you suck Bradford off to completion

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I can link to a video if you want

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bogart posted:

I just want to see a Lobsterman / shoot a Toxgun.

If I can kill them by shooting easier than closing to melee range with a heavy thermic lance, I'm down.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

A short story of her being captured for experimentation but she breaks out and start modifying the tech to truly horrifying levels. Upon seeing what she does to the first guard sent to recapture her the aliens retreat as no alien is willing to fight on earth as they fear that they could be next.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

sean10mm posted:

rebel galaxy popularized her theme song but i'm sure she will give the words a entirely new meaning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x5usniAWec

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Angry Diplomat posted:

Come to think of it, a sort of hardmode prequel where you play as Bradford and have to go around scraping together the Resistance from nothing and tracking down the Commander could be pretty neat.

Prequel where you play the real first war and have to take on sectopods and elite mutons in month 1 with ballistic weapons and the goal is just to survive as long as possible.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

A 20g expansion consisting of 4000 new hat/helmet choices and nothing else.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Operation Slingshot 2: Zhang's Revenge

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i hit my first Chosen base today. Lost 3 of my best dudes before i eventually won. Whoever thought the final boss fight was a good enough of an idea to do it again on top of having to deal with constant regeneration is total poo poo.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Working as intended

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i hit my first Chosen base today. Lost 3 of my best dudes before i eventually won. Whoever thought the final boss fight was a good enough of an idea to do it again on top of having to deal with constant regeneration is total poo poo.

And now you're prepared for your next Ironman campaign!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

This assassin chosen I've got in this game is total bullshit BUT her weakness is Reapers and I just got given a 2nd one from a covert op 5 minutes ago so GET IN MOTHERFUCKS

I still really like this game.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
So I want to play some more XCOM 2 and go for the no squad size upgrade achievement. Does this still seem doable with WOTC?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Should be doable, yeah, although I'm sure it'll have you sweating here and there. Between SPARKs, the three Resistance factions, and your own troops, you shouldn't have too much trouble putting together a strong team for any given mission; you just have to plan ahead and choose your moves much more carefully since you're always badly outnumbered.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

How come sometimes when I preview an action it'll immediately go and fire off that action? Like, 'hmm, I wonder how much damage this attack would do' SINGLE-CLICK 'oh gently caress what no not on him you bastard oh jesus oh we're hosed now. Thanks obama'

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Usually a slash attack, right? The icon changes.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Nah, this time it was psi-op's stasis. Clicked on stasis and it stasis-ified one of my troops instead of letting me choose the berserker.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Any recommendation for a mod that can be added to an on-going campaign without breaking it, in order to increase the challenge? I am playing Commander and I've got Plasma Weapons, plus got rid of all three Chosen, so the missions left are now feeling like a formality.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Don’t take a full squad to missions.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Bogart posted:

Don’t take a full squad to missions.

And/or bring lower level guys and sub-optimal class mixes. Sometimes you end up promoting new guys with better random cross-class skills or higher combat intelligence than you established colonels.

Of course that just makes it EVEN EASIER at the end so even when you want things to be harder the RNG works against you :xcom:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ZearothK posted:

Any recommendation for a mod that can be added to an on-going campaign without breaking it, in order to increase the challenge? I am playing Commander and I've got Plasma Weapons, plus got rid of all three Chosen, so the missions left are now feeling like a formality.

Probably any enemy mod you wanna add should be fine. Here are some nastier ones:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1360751246
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1505294997
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1311300228
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1498920421 Get murdered by anime! Actually this just got nerfed, thankfully, they were insane murder machines before, might be semi-reasonable now

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
That anime mod will get you on a list. :gonk:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Bogart posted:

That anime mod will get you on a list. :gonk:

They're actually 600 years old :goonsay:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else getting crashes on load for modded games via the alternative launcher now? Worked fine a few days ago, now I can't get the drat game to start. Was there a patch or something?

edit: apparently something with the new version of RPG Overhaul is loving me up, weird.
edit 2: ok this poo poo's fuckin weird. I've been poking at this for hours tonight with no solution yet. Seemed like it was certain mods, but now it's crashing without those too. So I did the clear configs business, which did not help either. Verified cache too. Man what the hell. I guess I'll try a full reinstall of the mod launcher tomorrow? gently caress it.

I did notice at some point the launcher had two mods with the same order number so that's...weird.

edit again: installed a totally fresh version of the launcher and got poo poo working...may or may not have been ultimately caused by an ini change i did in utility slot sidearms. good thing i lost a week of playtime to this and got it working again just in time for the work weekend :pcgaming:

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Sep 21, 2018

chird
Sep 26, 2004

RPG Overhaul gives me choice paralysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
There's an XCOM stream going on with Jake Solomon and Garth DeAngelis going on right now. They're looking at old prototypes of Enemy Unknown. They've said there will be a surprise at some point in the stream.

EDIT: Stream’s over. A nice look back over prototypes with a few anecdotes, but no announcements. There’s another stream next week, so hopefully they’re building up to whatever TLE is meant to be.

Gwaint fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 20, 2018