Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

PantsBandit posted:

Oh and it just occurred to me I still have PT on my HDD, if that could be worth something.

You can transfer all your poo poo directly from one PS4 to the other, including PT.

There are also sneaky ways to re-download PT as long as you still have it in your account library (source: I've done it - I didn't even own a PS4 when it was delisted, but I added it to my account beforehand)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I made do with the new fighting Engine in Kiwami 2 but I've gotta say that I'm really not down with this fighting style of Kiryu's if this is what it was always meant to be. He doesn't do the flip at the end of the combo anymore! That sucks! That and the drop kick that you landed on your feet from afterwards were the best part of Dragon Style in 0 and Kiwami 1!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Here's a PSN key for Trials Rising closed beta.

E4KJK7CBKTB7

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
You have some awesome new moves to replace it though like the charge up quadruple flying kick or the spinning throw that’s so powerful it should’ve been a heat move

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am Knack for the PS4.
pre:
    Knack
   kNack
  knAck
 knaCk
knacK

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
https://mondotees.com/products/katamari-damacy-original-video-game-soundtrack-2xlp

now re-release the games, fools

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I am Knack for the PS4.
pre:
    Knack
   kNack
  knAck
 knaCk
knacK

hosed up if true.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I dont quite understand how stuff reloads in spiderman.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VideoGames posted:

I am Knack for the PS4.
pre:
    Knack
   kNack
  knAck
 knaCk
knacK

:hai:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

I dont quite understand how stuff reloads in spiderman.

The first web shooters you start out with charge back up over time, everything else depends on finishers.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

RareAcumen posted:

The first web shooters you start out with charge back up over time, everything else depends on finishers.

Yeah from what I can tell a finisher is guaranteed to give you a recharge on one of your items, and then on top of that I think there's also a chance whenever you KO an enemy?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

You know who else could immobilize enemies with ranged attacks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2IrWeJxq98

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Why do people on this internet website spoiler tag codes and email addresses

do y'all think spam bots crawl through the web by physically sitting at a computer desk with only a keyboard and no mouse with which to click? Idfgi

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

You know what really chaps my rear end?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah from what I can tell a finisher is guaranteed to give you a recharge on one of your items, and then on top of that I think there's also a chance whenever you KO an enemy?

You have to equip an ability for that, gadgets refill randomly whenever you beat a mook senseless.

beep by grandpa posted:

do y'all think spam bots crawl through the web by physically sitting at a computer desk with only a keyboard and no mouse with which to click? Idfgi

grandpa take your meds

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Well I think using a cipher makes some degree of sense since it wouldn't be that hard to throw together a script that searches certain sites for strings that resemble download codes. That would at least throw that off in certain circumstances. You're right though, I don't see how spoiler tags would prevent that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I like to share codes by obfuscating them with CAPTCHAs that only thread regulars would be able to solve :)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is Trials Rising anything like Trials of the Blood Dragon because that was terrible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

You know what really chaps my rear end?

not your assless chaps anyway

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

haveblue posted:

Is Trials Rising anything like Trials of the Blood Dragon because that was terrible.

No that game was awful and inexplicable. It plays like Trials Fusion

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgIdsj-EOic

DLC is going to be free from 2nd to 15th October through the PS Store.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Guillermus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgIdsj-EOic

DLC is going to be free from 2nd to 15th October through the PS Store.

Kiryu "I've never ki....."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MZ posted:

You're already unconscious

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

lol

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The way Kenshiro always let people go if they asked, only to then get nearly beaned in the head with a chair seconds later by that person is very Kiryu-esque. Honestly I cant think of two characters that fit better together.

EDIT: even in the first episode when he gets arrested by villagers, then effortlessly escapes jail in order to save his captors from raiders is 100% also something Kiryu would do. Kiryu really is a less lethal Kenshiro :allears:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I'm pretty late on this but I finally got around to Hyper Light Drifter and its...heavily flawed. Like, 90% of the hidden secrets can only be accessed at the very end of the game, and by the time you're at that point and have most of the upgrades (and this is with me only getting 4/8 diamond pieces per area, tops) the final boss is kind of a cakewalk, so the only reason to get all the special outfits is to...make him even easier? Or I guess just collect them for the sake of completionism?

It's such a weird design decision to gate all of that after the game is all over and to have it serve no purpose. It kinda reminds me of Ruiner in the sense that it is a very pretty, heavily stylized dash-around-kill-em-all that was clearly a small game, started adding in stuff to make it bigger but then didn't follow through. It leaves both feeling incomplete and vaguely unsatisfying.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
nearly every one of HLD's secrets are accessible as soon as you find them, there's only one "tool" (the beam rifle) needed for unlocking doors and such

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MZ posted:

He never killed a man because there all were already dead.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Tim Rogers has made a 15-minute video about the Japanese-only demo for JUDGE EYES, the detective crime drama beat-em-up that the Yakuza team are making. He translates the most important dialogue and talks a bit about the cultural context of the game as a piece of detective/lawyer fiction starring an Extremely Famous Man. Game looks rad.

https://kotaku.com/we-translate-the-new-detective-game-from-the-makers-of-1829029482

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je7hYYjr9Mk

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Oxxidation posted:

nearly every one of HLD's secrets are accessible as soon as you find them, there's only one "tool" (the beam rifle) needed for unlocking doors and such

Ehhhh I started looking it up near the end because I was wondering why I only found two outfits by the time I was hitting the south area and the requirements are like

Pink outfit: the game gives it to you after beating 3/4 bosses.
Orange outfit: behind a one key door.
Every other outfit: behind a 12+ key door or after you 100% a certain collectible

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So the Spiderman game is worth the full price?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

God the Spiderman game looks so good, but I'm so broke at the moment. It's not fair!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=609igM49_sc

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

depends on what you want out of it, i've been going for 10-15 hours and i'm not finding any major flaws so far (besides the ubiquitous presence of my nemesis Yuri Lowenthal)

the open world activities are fairly typical but with a lot of variety and the movement and combat is the best it's ever been in a spider-man title

the plot is also way more ambitious and well-executed than it needs to be for a superhero game

even the music's quite nice, there's this one mass effect-esque track that's great ambiance

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I think it's really fun and I don't usually get into open world games. I've kind of slowed down on it now that I'm halfway through (hoping there are some twists to make combat become more interesting later, because it feels like I've seen almost everything there is regarding that) but the movement and atmosphere is great and I like the story even though I'm generally not into superhero stuff at all.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

I'd say only if you love Spider-Man or if you're excited to try out web-swinging, which is really the only great mechanic the game introduces. Aside from that it's a AAA open world game with a fresh take on Arkham combat. I'm having enough fun moving around Manhattan that I don't regret buying day one, but I do feel a little guilty about ignoring my backlog for this.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I don't mind even some of the dumber side-missions (swing through pollution clouds! chase pigeons!) just because the movement is so much fun

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
So what have I missed on PS4 in the last 2500 pages someone fill me in please

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Spider-Man broke my brain a little, when I go outside all I see is point launch opportunities and swing paths to distant buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't really afford Spider-Man this month so instead I'm playing Prototype which I bought for £6....