Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I just have Waluigi, I've never actually used him in a game but I assume he like comes onto your screen and kicks link in the crotch or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I own a bunch of animal crossing ones because they were on clearance for like $2 and a great reward for good behavior for my 3 year old at the time

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you're one of those weirdos who have every single amiibo new in box, hold on to them for like 20 years, then unload them and retire happily

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If you're one of those weirdos who have every single amiibo new in box, hold on to them for like 20 years, then unload them and retire happily

Stacks of beanie babies Amiibo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Amiibo are guaranteed to be worth more than beanie babies just because they have the Nintendo name attached to them. There isnt a single complete collection of anything Nintendo that isnt worth a decent amount of money for just that reason

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I have a wall of every Legend of Zelda and Smash Brothers amiibo. I may have a problem

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thetoughestbean posted:

I have a wall of every Legend of Zelda and Smash Brothers amiibo. I may have a problem

I have a wall of literally every commercially available amiibo. It's not a problem, it's awesome.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Not going to lie I mostly just want the Cloud Amiibos. And Odysee Bowser.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I buy Amiibo, throw away the characters, and glue the bases on scantily-clad anime women.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That is the correct way to amiibo

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
For those interested:

The Senran Kagua game is out. The base game with Asuka is $9.99 and Yumi is available as a DLC character for an additional $9.99. Lots of cosmetic DLC is available ranging from $2.50-$9.99 but does nothing to affect story mode.

It's quite literally the Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash dressing room with some motion control minigames. Outside of that the draw is watching the Senran Kagura characters as different anime tropes and saying they love you after finishing the story.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Broken Age from Double Fine is apparently out now for the Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr7P9WVkPhc

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i was not into amiibos at all (besides duck hunt dog) until i found a cute place to put them, so now i have like eight or nine

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I own a bunch of animal crossing ones because they were on clearance for like $2 and a great reward for good behavior for my 3 year old at the time

Same except it was a reward for good behaviour for me, a 30 year old at the time

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I have a Link amiibo because I wanted the spinner in Hyrule Warriors back in the day. And 8-bit Mario because my Wii U was a Mario Maker bundle. That is all.

If I were to buy one purely for the character it'd be Luigi or Captain Falcon

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I really want a boxboy amiibo. They were never released outside of Japan and are now $100 on Amazon. Insane.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

xedo posted:

I really want a boxboy amiibo. They were never released outside of Japan and are now $100 on Amazon. Insane.

There's an $85/free shipping one on eBay right now

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Looper posted:

i love the field music but haven't run into a battle theme that's done anything for me so far

Huh none of them? I absolutely loved the Chapter 2 Boss theme (Decisive battle II). When those percussive hits kick in right after the cutscene you know you had to win FOR JUSTICE!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

It'd be silly to spend that when they're about to announce the BOXBOY switch collection w/ amiibo in a few hours. Just in time for his appearance in smash.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Huh none of them? I absolutely loved the Chapter 2 Boss theme (Decisive battle II). When those percussive hits kick in right after the cutscene you know you had to win FOR JUSTICE!

The musical transitions from each character's climactic theme to the boss music is just so loving good, I never get tired of it.

Speaking of Octopath I have to wonder if an artist somewhere had done big huge elaborate battle sprites for the main cast because that would be extremely my jam.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

For those interested:

The Senran Kagua game is out. The base game with Asuka is $9.99 and Yumi is available as a DLC character for an additional $9.99. Lots of cosmetic DLC is available ranging from $2.50-$9.99 but does nothing to affect story mode.

It's quite literally the Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash dressing room with some motion control minigames. Outside of that the draw is watching the Senran Kagura characters as different anime tropes and saying they love you after finishing the story.

How much does this game cost after everything?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Has anyone bought those NFC amiibo tag packs off of Amazon?

Reviews seem favorable but that seems like a legally muddy zone.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

RZA Encryption posted:

It'd be silly to spend that when they're about to announce the BOXBOY switch collection w/ amiibo in a few hours. Just in time for his appearance in smash.

Boxboy would be a great gag character in the line of wii fit trainer, Rob, Mr game and watch, etc. Now I want this.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Super Mario Kart Maker

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

I doubt the cops are going to come knocking if you buy those.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Inzombiac posted:

I went with a Datel PowerTag, personally. If you have a phone that does NFC, you can use TagMo to write it instead of the godawful desktop app. I just keep one in my Switch case. I generally use my actual Amiibos, though, since I own way too loving many.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The musical transitions from each character's climactic theme to the boss music is just so loving good, I never get tired of it.

Speaking of Octopath I have to wonder if an artist somewhere had done big huge elaborate battle sprites for the main cast because that would be extremely my jam.

drat loving right it is!

Decisive Battle II and the second normal battle theme are extremely my jam!

(As are the Woodlands-based town themes, Cyrus's theme, the ruins theme, many of the preboss themes and- I think I have to stop myself here before I go full goon and just list loving everything in regards to Octopath's music themes.)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dehry posted:

For those interested:

I genuinely wonder why they didn't just put the full Peach Beach Splash game on it instead.

Oh wait- :effort:

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Inzombiac posted:

I got mine from Alibaba, they work fine, used Thenada on my New 3DS to write to them.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I'm pretty pumped for this as looking around online there is actually some smoke that an animal crossing may be announced or at least something animal crossing related that's not mobile.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Wait what is this? This is the NFC card on the end of the Amiibos right? How would I write the data on the chip? I have a Galaxy Note 5 I assume I could use?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Amiibo Festival port

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I'm pretty pumped for this as looking around online there is actually some smoke that an animal crossing may be announced or at least something animal crossing related that's not mobile.

There is a very blurry title screencap.

It could be real but I would temper my expectations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's just hype feedback loop and people "in the know" randomly putting crossing or animal in their posts as a tease and then if it doesn't happen they'll say "I was not talking about that you guys always get so worked up"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The hot new meme this month is obviously fake Direct leaks so take them with even bigger grains of salt.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
We all know the direct will be half Smash stuff and half online info. I know they said 3DS games as well, which means they'll just put a reminder in that Luigi's Mansion Remake is still coming this year to the 3DS and in fact NOT the Switch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
online info: you can pay us to play your games online now. also you can have some nes games. we probably will still make you use that lovely voice app for everything but fortnite.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That turned out to be the Pocket Camp/Splatoon crossover

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Olivil posted:

Broken Age from Double Fine is apparently out now for the Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr7P9WVkPhc

What's this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

thetoughestbean posted:

You have love, and maybe consumer spending habits.

• Locked thread