Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mu Zeta posted:

It sounds like Henry Cavill is walking away from Superman movies because negotiations broke down. It makes sense now why he went ahead and took the Netflix Witcher job.

It's a witcher contract FFS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Conan O'Brien put up his very first episode on NBC (1993) on his Youtube channel. He also announced his entire archive is coming in January next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q471WB5Tgw

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mu Zeta posted:

Conan O'Brien put up his very first episode on NBC (1993) on his Youtube channel. He also announced his entire archive is coming in January next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q471WB5Tgw

This is the happiest day of my life.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I preferred the low quality bootlegs pulled from well-worn VHS tapes.

My friend used to tape Conan every night in the mid 90s and then we'd watch it together after school, so there's something about a lovely VHS transfer of the show that hits my nostalgia spot just right. But my dumb brain aside, that's going to be amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

One of my friends had a main role in Undateable and even I couldn’t really watch it. He’ll forever have my jealously for getting to go to work with Ron Funches every day, though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I only saw like 2 or 3 episodes of Insatiable because my wife was watching it and I happened to be in the room and holy poo poo that show was bananas. I have heard a ton of mixed reviews, but it clearly has an audience and is at least more ambitious than a lot of other shows.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

consider it done

https://twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/1040240430238064640

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Just to confirm:

https://twitter.com/yaysusan/status/1039915399922339841

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress

I want a Nancy Drew show so bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shockingly good trailer from Netflix. All the evangelical church ladies from my youth would lose their mind over this poo poo.

Also I read that Kiernan Shipka is allergic to cats

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I don't care about Nancy Drew but I'd rather see that than NCIS: Omaha or Young Sheldon.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh man, Chris D'Elia is crushing it lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC0HankXzt4

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

gently caress

I want a Nancy Drew show so bad.

They're trying again for next year, at the CW this time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mu Zeta posted:

Outsourced wasn't that bad. The pilot was rough but it became a decent workplace comedy after that. Though it's funny that like 90% of the cast are British and probably trained at RADA.

I was shocked to find it was based on a movie

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sabrina teaser

https://youtu.be/Ab_rXrgk5R4

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Something I think they should do that would be really fun is instead of Alan writing a book they could change it to him writing a TV show.

Wasn't this the plot of the kind-of sequel/spinoff starring Barry?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Norwegian Rudo posted:

They're trying again for next year, at the CW this time.

Which one was the "grown up Nancy Drew with a TWIST" concept? Because gently caress that. The entire point is that she's a teenager.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

feedmyleg posted:

Which one was the "grown up Nancy Drew with a TWIST" concept? Because gently caress that. The entire point is that she's a teenager.

Was that the Sarah Shahi one?

I remember one which I think was a tv movie which used these illustrated freeze-frames as act breaks, but I don't know if that was a movie or a failed pilot or whatever.

Didn't CBS also pass on the Cagney & Lacey reboot?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, it was a whole weird meta take on it that sounded terrible where the books were real in-universe.

Somehow the new CW one passed me by, it's got folks from The OC and The Magicians on board, so it sounds like it's got some real potential to scratch that Riverdale itch. Tentatively excited.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Late to the Craig Ferguson discussion but I lost all interest in the entire format when he ended. The other shows have bits that are decent that I'll see around, but there was a heart to his show that you can't replicate.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Man that Sabrina trailer looks really good. Kiernan Shipka is a great actress and should knock out the part. However part of me is really hoping for a lovely animatronic cat making bad jokes throughout the show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That animatronic cat's jokes are hilarious :mad:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was that the Sarah Shahi one?

I remember one which I think was a tv movie which used these illustrated freeze-frames as act breaks, but I don't know if that was a movie or a failed pilot or whatever.

Didn't CBS also pass on the Cagney & Lacey reboot?

lmao I totally remember the news Sarah Shahi was going to be Nancy Drew. I'm glad that didn't happen, as much as I love her.

e:

Croatoan posted:

Man that Sabrina trailer looks really good. Kiernan Shipka is a great actress and should knock out the part. However part of me is really hoping for a lovely animatronic cat making bad jokes throughout the show.

feedmyleg posted:

That animatronic cat's jokes are hilarious :mad:

My dream of all dreams is that they got Nick Bakay to be his voice again. As far as I know we have no idea yet what role Salem has in the show if any, let alone who plays him, do we?

e2:

god salem was the best

esperterra fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 13, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AMC's adaptation of NOS4A2 has cast its leads. Zachary Quinto will play the immortal soul vampire Charlie Manx and Ashleigh Cummings will play Vic McQueen, a young woman who, as a teenager, was responsible for Manx being caught. Expect Quinto in a bunch of old man makeup at the start of the series as when the story begins Manx has been without victims for years and looks incredibly ancient.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Quinto in a bunch of old man makeup

All I can imagine is when Eureka O'Hara recently made him look like a middle aged woman

Miss Kasha Davis/Tempest DuJour realness

e: how do you put zachary quinto in drag and not contour the gently caress out of that huge jaw smdh

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 13, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

My dream of all dreams is that they got Nick Bakay to be his voice again. As far as I know we have no idea yet what role Salem has in the show if any, let alone who plays him, do we?

take a page from Coraline and get Keith David

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

AMC's adaptation of NOS4A2 has cast its leads. Zachary Quinto will play the immortal soul vampire Charlie Manx and Ashleigh Cummings will play Vic McQueen, a young woman who, as a teenager, was responsible for Manx being caught. Expect Quinto in a bunch of old man makeup at the start of the series as when the story begins Manx has been without victims for years and looks incredibly ancient.

Please tell me this is some kind of vampire fast and the furious?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I finished Lodge 49, and it was way better than I thought would be, even after reading positive impressions here. The plot became genuinely interesting towards the end, which surprised me because the first half of the season is basically a quirky character drama with hardly any plot. Then halfway through, it turns into magical realist Terriers, with mysterious evil land deals and alchemical secrets.

I hope it gets a second season. I really want to see where they are going with all this.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

IRQ posted:

Please tell me this is some kind of vampire fast and the furious?

It was a typo, they meant NOS (A24). A F&F for the art house set.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone actually wrote a vampire story called NOS4A2? Burn this world to the ground.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh got it just hit me what that means

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

esperterra posted:

Oh got it just hit me what that means

Lol same, gently caress

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh god drat it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rhyno posted:

Oh god drat it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah Joe Hill, Steven King's son. It's a good book.

Speaking of SK, man I forgot how good Andre Holland is. Check out the Knick if you haven’t seen it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

sum 1337 vampire action

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

X-O posted:

Someone actually wrote a vampire story called NOS4A2? Burn this world to the ground.

NOS4A2 was also an evil robot vampire from the popular Toy Story spin-off cartoon Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
NOS4A2 rules, I'm looking forward to this.

the teeth oh god the teeth

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, a robot built by Dracula might be moderately interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-O posted:

Its a license plate in the story.

The book is really good, it is more about how trauma can effect someone their entire life and less about vampire hunting or anything like that.