Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I do not like the look of Venom's new son. He just looks so generic and I don't like the four eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Onmi posted:

I personally am glad they mass murdered a bunch of teenage heroes to 'rehabilitate' Arcade and then put him exclusively in comedy All-Ages books where he's a goof. For the record, it's the first part that annoys me, not the second.

I, like most people, pretend that book didn't happen.

Also big fan of She Hulk sliding into home, you know Jen has always wanted to do that.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

twistedmentat posted:

I, like most people, pretend that book didn't happen.

Is Avengers Arena poorly written or just totally misconceived in the first place? I like Hopeless a lot as a writer but I've heard nothing but awful things.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Rochallor posted:

Is Avengers Arena poorly written or just totally misconceived in the first place? I like Hopeless a lot as a writer but I've heard nothing but awful things.

Yes

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

That's a shame. I love Arcade and I love teen-focused stuff, but it's got such a toxic reputation.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Rochallor posted:

It can be both.

Hopeless has improved by leaps and bounds since then, mind you, but Avengers Arena was just so bad.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Rochallor posted:

That's a shame. I love Arcade and I love teen-focused stuff, but it's got such a toxic reputation.

Because it was extremely stupid as idea and how it was done and all the stupid ways it killed off people have been undone already.

Creamfilled
May 11, 2007

???
Sadly, some of the deaths seem to have stuck. Man, Avengers Arena was so awfully timed and conceived! Coming off the back of, what I thought was a positive ending for Avengers Academy, just to murder some of the fan favourites from it!

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Creamfilled posted:

Sadly, some of the deaths seem to have stuck. Man, Avengers Arena was so awfully timed and conceived! Coming off the back of, what I thought was a positive ending for Avengers Academy, just to murder some of the fan favourites from it!

Yeah, you're right, I forgot Mettle (bring him back!) and Hazmat and a bunch of others I don't even remember. The "important" ones have been undone, like Nico and Darkhawk.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Decius posted:

Yeah, you're right, I forgot Mettle (bring him back!) and Hazmat and a bunch of others I don't even remember. The "important" ones have been undone, like Nico and Darkhawk.

Hazmat didn't die. She did come back in the almost equally conceived sequel series where they had her show up just to explain that now she had her powers under control and so she lost her gimmick.

IIRC, Nico didn't die. Someone who did though is Juston Seyfert and his Sentinel who were the focus of the best storyline in Avengers Academy/the best AvX tie-in.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
So I haven’t touched a marvel book in like half a year at this point - is Infinity Wars worth a look?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Immortal Hulk and Venom are!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Nilbop posted:

So I haven’t touched a marvel book in like half a year at this point - is Infinity Wars worth a look?

I mean, its better than cw2 or secret empire but if youre just getting back into marvel you should probably just look at the regular titles. Ms marvels has been getting back into quality mode, exiles is good, x-23 has been a good successor to anw, xmen red is actually good, tncs cap is off to a very good start imo and so is the new space black panther arc, cosmic ghost rider, immortal hulk, kelly Thompson's jessica jones, of course usg

And thats just off the top of my head

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Infinity Wars is *fine* and so far far from the worst event comic of recent memory, but it's not as good as Annihilation was. The art is a major detriment to it, though. Deodato has really regressed (or, rather, leaned even harder into tracing).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Creamfilled posted:

When I was reading it I thought at the end was going to end up that the whole thing was a simulation, but nope!

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

TwoPair posted:

Hazmat didn't die. She did come back in the almost equally conceived sequel series where they had her show up just to explain that now she had her powers under control and so she lost her gimmick.

IIRC, Nico didn't die. Someone who did though is Juston Seyfert and his Sentinel who were the focus of the best storyline in Avengers Academy/the best AvX tie-in.

Man, I really must have given myself a lobotomy to forget this book. I don't remember half of this any more!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1040274860587606018?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

So they're ditching the young X-Men but keeping young Cable.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

So X-man's back?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

So X-man's back?

He's already been back and not in POG form.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

:toot:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How is Brisson as a writer?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

How is Brisson as a writer?

I kinda like his Iron Fist.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeayeayeayea

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1040316735763742720

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

love Saladin's work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh hell yeah

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
drat okay

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This is cool, but it's weird that he says in the interview he hasn't spoken to Brian Michael Bendis about it. When he created Miles Bendis had been in comics long enough that he knew he didn't have any legal ownership over the character, and he's been in a bunch of poo poo written by other people, but I'd still talk to the guy if I'm doing a solo series of the character. Like I think both Kelly Thompson and Bendis said he picked her to write the new Jessica Jones book.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
you gotta laugh

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1040339853693599747

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I presume he's read all of the previous Miles series' and likes the character. I trust him to do whatever he wants.

edit:
Jesus. They completed four out of six issues of Vision, and nothing. Cain is asking to be forgiven by fans in her post. gently caress that.
Make it digital only, at least.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 13, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

I presume he's read all of the previous Miles series' and likes the character. I trust him to do whatever he wants.

edit:
Jesus. They completed four out of six issues of Vision, and nothing. Cain is asking to be forgiven by fans in her post. gently caress that.
Make it digital only, at least.

I trust Saladin on Miles, it's just weird to not have said anything to Bendis. Especially in this hyper connected age.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I reeeeeeeally wanna know the behind the scenes on this

https://twitter.com/ChelseaCain/status/1040357745017253888?s=19

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

site posted:

From BC:
"Bleeding Cool has, however, learnt that Marvel Comics have changed their minds. That the planned series conflicts with their current plans for Vision and Viv Vision, and the publisher is looking in a different direction. The creators on the series have been paid in full for their work so far and Marvel seems appreciative of their work so far- and it is possible that it may see the light of day another time. But not now. And certainly not in November."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Teenage Fansub posted:

From BC:
"Bleeding Cool has, however, learnt that Marvel Comics have changed their minds. That the planned series conflicts with their current plans for Vision and Viv Vision, and the publisher is looking in a different direction. The creators on the series have been paid in full for their work so far and Marvel seems appreciative of their work so far- and it is possible that it may see the light of day another time. But not now. And certainly not in November."

At least they paid them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Covok posted:

At least they paid them.

Sure. But I wouldn't blame Aud Koch becoming instantly disenfranchised and quitting the industry before she gets in at all (Cain is saying it was her big break.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

https://twitter.com/ChelseaCain/status/1040357745017253888?s=19

ASK ME ABOUT MY ROBOT AGENDA

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChelseaCain/status/1040375409160810496

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Teenage Fansub posted:

From BC:

'Current plans?' God forbid they restrict Viv being a supporting character on a B-tier at best team book.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

They're gonna kill Viv, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Lightning Lord posted:

They're gonna kill Viv, lol

Oh poo poo what if part of John Byrne's conditions for returning is to kill the Vision's family and make him an emotionless blank slate? That would fit with what he did in the past and dude hates him some emotional Vision