Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RF Juggernaut is hardly a revolutionary concept, but here's a few videos in case anyone cares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RkQUziOsaA Turbo Abaxoth + Haast in a T9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAyKZ0AzI2E Minotaur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_jwwxNk1t8 Turbo Twinned Core Malachai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDACVPXuQrA Shaper

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters?characterName=RodentNeedsMoreTank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Locator posted:

So I came into a bit of wealth this league, and have about 3ex to spend to upgrade my character. I'm playing Guardian / Smite from Rodent's league starter PoB, and I'm having a lot of fun and doing pretty ok, but I'm really not sure what my focus should be on next as far as gear upgrades, which is really all I have left to do, as the only thing left on the passive tree is life nodes.

I currently have no level 20 gems or superior gems, so I know that could be one area I could spend in to improve, but I'd like for some folks who are actually good at this game to take a look and see what they think I should focus on.

Pastebin of PoB: https://pastebin.com/g0Ncz9iT

Character name is LocatorDigDug - Path of Exile site: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Gunther_mt/characters

I really should delete a bunch of those standard characters, never going to play them again.

Thanks!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters?characterName=SMRodent

This was my take on the smite guardian. The two missing gems from the inpulsa were elemental damage with attacks and ancestral call, I recoloured it to test something on standard. I would strongly suggest you get a 5link inpulsa if you can afford it + afford to chrome it (chroming it is quite hard), it does huge things for your clearspeed. I would also try to squeeze in lightning penetration in your 5link instead of multistrike, it does wonders vs tougher enemies. Multistrike would have been my 6th link. Finally try to find a better stat stick, you should be able to find a fairly cheap one with physical damage as extra lightning, and maybe even some penetration.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2216958 posted:

Scourge Arrow: Additional Projectiles now apply to the primary arrow instead of the thorn arrows. The number of thorn arrows at lower levels has been increased to compensate. Pods are now distributed evenly among all primary projectiles.

Hmmmmmmmmmm time to give scourge arrow a try.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

TheRat posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters?characterName=SMRodent

This was my take on the smite guardian. The two missing gems from the inpulsa were elemental damage with attacks and ancestral call, I recoloured it to test something on standard. I would strongly suggest you get a 5link inpulsa if you can afford it + afford to chrome it (chroming it is quite hard), it does huge things for your clearspeed. I would also try to squeeze in lightning penetration in your 5link instead of multistrike, it does wonders vs tougher enemies. Multistrike would have been my 6th link. Finally try to find a better stat stick, you should be able to find a fairly cheap one with physical damage as extra lightning, and maybe even some penetration.

Thanks. My plan was for a 6L with lightning penetration and the stat stick is definitely 'what I could afford', as until I got the Quill Rain drop I was operating on under 30c at any given moment.

You think Inpulsa 5L is better than a good rare 6L with the lightning pen added? I'm clearing really fast already so I'm not sure I'm hurting in the clear speed department. I mostly only notice issues on tougher single targets where it takes me a while to beat them down. Will definitely look at upgrading the off-hand now that I got some cash. Were you using the claw for the life on hit at all, or only the Phys as lightning and penetration?

What do you mean by chroming it? I've not heard of that before, or at least it's not clicking for me!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Colouring the sockets with Chromatic Orbs.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ghostlight posted:

Colouring the sockets with Chromatic Orbs.

Oh.. duh. :)

I got this new offhand thanks to Rodent's reminder that it needed those specific things to be good...

It's a pretty huge upgrade (PoB went from 75k to 96k), and pretty cheap!

The body armor is going to take some more market watching or currency grinding though, as it's all 3ex+ and a 6L Inpulsa is 7.5+

I'm getting more and better drops this league than I ever have before, so who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and make enough to get something nice!

The Locator fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 13, 2018

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Honesty as a person who used inpulsa... while it may be expensive to get, it does change the way you think of fast clearspeed

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Had a perfect 6l inpulsa last league. It's an absolute beast of a unique.

And the explosions it causes is imo the best effect in the game.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Locator posted:

I got this new offhand thanks to Rodent's reminder that it needed those specific things to be good...

Yeah thats much much better!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Getting texture unpack crashes every other zone transition. Tried running packcheck and clearing the shader cache folder, anything else I can try?

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Anyone here have some tips for a consecrated path build? I've been thinking to use engineering eternity's jugg build but replacing reave/bflurry with consecrated path. I haven't got far enough to choose an ascendancy (chieftain looks like another possibility.

The clearing so far with this skill seems really cool and fun

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Fairly new to PoE in it's current state. I bought(?) the game like 40 years ago when it was alpha or something and didn't care for it much at the time and forgot about it until like a week ago and now it looks like it's Diablo 2 on steroids, which seems really cool.

I'm working to make a Templar Spark Inquisitor build and one thing I am unsure of with builds is how expensive they are. I see cheap and expensive equipment stats. Don't people just farm items? I don't mind trading for certain things, but if you're expected to trade for 99% of your gear that's a huge turn off.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

There are some unexpected builds out there, crusing poe.ninja.

The top slayer is....ice crash? I mean, I guess the increased AoE is good. It has been ages since I've heard anybody talk about ice crash though.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/casualty1337/LogoutOnLogoutOnLogout?i=0&search=class%3DSlayer

The top EQ jugg is smacking things with a disintigrator. He is the only guy on the list using one who isn't playing blade vortex.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/CrazyEGzO/Dust_Machine?i=0&search=class%3DJuggernaut%26skill%3DEarthquake

I almost want to build that Disintigrator jugg, even though I have no idea how it works and would probably be disappointed. I desperately want two handers to be a thing.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Philthy posted:

Fairly new to PoE in it's current state. I bought(?) the game like 40 years ago when it was alpha or something and didn't care for it much at the time and forgot about it until like a week ago and now it looks like it's Diablo 2 on steroids, which seems really cool.

I'm working to make a Templar Spark Inquisitor build and one thing I am unsure of with builds is how expensive they are. I see cheap and expensive equipment stats. Don't people just farm items? I don't mind trading for certain things, but if you're expected to trade for 99% of your gear that's a huge turn off.

Trading is a chore, but its only necessary for build defining uniques (I dont think spark has those?) and atlas completion. There is a whole game-mode called Solo Self-found where you can't trade or group, with their own ladder and stuff. Progression is definitely slower without trading and some builds flat-out wouldn't work unless you luck into those uniques, but you can play the whole game without ever interacting with another player.
That said, trading helps a whole lot with patching holes in your gear and general item progression without having to rely on drops.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Philthy posted:

You can beat the hardest content in Solo Self Found, but just like D2 you're gonna have to trade for rare build defining uniques if you choose to do those builds.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Philthy posted:

You can play completely without trading, but generally people trade for uniques they need because otherwise they'd be waiting for a drop that might not happen for the entire league. There's different tiers of rarity, even among uniques and some of the very expensive ones are so rare as to not be in the game for any given person. I always get to maps, spend 4-5 chaos trading to smooth out my resists and get life rolls where I can, then map for a while and if I don't find a 5-link or already have a tabula rasa, I spend some on that, then map till I get bored of the character.

On a similar note, I was farming Humility and got this from a vaal side area. I'm guessing it's not worth much because of the colors, but I've never used a six linked two hander, so I don't know what skills people normally use. Any guesses as to whether it's worth anything more than vendoring it? The added damage and crit multi makes me think maybe it is...

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

It is worth 1 divine orb

Hauki
May 11, 2010

That is 100% a divine from the vendor.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Filthy Monkey posted:

There are some unexpected builds out there, crusing poe.ninja.

The top slayer is....ice crash? I mean, I guess the increased AoE is good. It has been ages since I've heard anybody talk about ice crash though.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/casualty1337/LogoutOnLogoutOnLogout?i=0&search=class%3DSlayer

The top EQ jugg is smacking things with a disintigrator. He is the only guy on the list using one who isn't playing blade vortex.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/CrazyEGzO/Dust_Machine?i=0&search=class%3DJuggernaut%26skill%3DEarthquake

I almost want to build that Disintigrator jugg, even though I have no idea how it works and would probably be disappointed. I desperately want two handers to be a thing.

Disintegrator works by using a CWDT setup and immortal call to ignore phys damage. You can theoretically use it with any class since the staff wheel gives a 10% chance to gain an endurance charge on crit. Youd need minimum 4 charges to pull off a 3 second uptime, which will cost you 5 passives (for the extra charge and the increased duration nodes) at 1.5k damage threshold CWDT, which is honestly not terrible, but a jugg can do that with a level 1 CWDT and no passive investment at all

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Philthy posted:

I'm also new and this dude's youtube channel seems helpful for the learn2grind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8xQ4qxXRrQ

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm also new and this dude's youtube channel seems helpful for the learn2grind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8xQ4qxXRrQ

I'm playing his lacerator build as my delve starter, guy at least has well put together guides. He's also got a decent video on how to make any build a budget build, which seems kinda helpful.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Hauki posted:

That is 100% a divine from the vendor.

Figured as much, thanks to both of you!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
The Wasp Nest almost feels like cheating.

According to PoB it would take a triple T2 phys roll + T2 attack speed roll to make me swap weapons!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Mechanics question: if I have a Watchers Eye that's 40% phys to fire under Anger, do my VDS clones in range of that aura do 40% fire / 60% phys? Or 100% phys?

The language on the eye isn't clear, and I'm trying to plan out my links.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Vasudus posted:

Mechanics question: if I have a Watchers Eye that's 40% phys to fire under Anger, do my VDS clones in range of that aura do 40% fire / 60% phys? Or 100% phys?

The language on the eye isn't clear, and I'm trying to plan out my links.

Quick googling seems to indicate only you get the Watcher's Eye effect.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Ak Gara posted:

The Wasp Nest almost feels like cheating.

According to PoB it would take a triple T2 phys roll + T2 attack speed roll to make me swap weapons!

I did, I believe, Frost Blades/Molten Strike two leagues ago. I used Wasp's Nests up until I dropped 15 ex on a claw.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Has anyone taken Rain of Arrows to Shaper/Uber Elder? How much DPS did you have?

I did T11 Elder with my character (https://pastebin.com/m33E2X6k) and while it did go OK it felt like I barely kept up with the portals phase. Some things I've been thinking of to improve it:
  • Get a Hatred crit chance Watcher's Eye
  • Switch the frenzy + curse setup for a Toxic Rain totem. I've no curse effectiveness anyway
  • Conc Effect instead of Mirage Archer maybe?
  • More abyssal sockets. Lightpoacher / Bubonic Trail / fossil crafted boots?
  • Different bow? Windripper and stack cold+lightning. Tempest + Inpulsa and stack lightning.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

These lowlevel depths runs are the best.

Also, that was 4 Resonator Troves behind walls clicked that each dropped a Prime, and the last 4 socket I got (that I wasn't paying attention to the name of the Resonator chest) was also behind a wall, so I'm wondering if the 4 sockets are guaranteed from specifically "Troves" behind walls.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ornedan posted:

Has anyone taken Rain of Arrows to Shaper/Uber Elder? How much DPS did you have?

I did T11 Elder with my character (https://pastebin.com/m33E2X6k) and while it did go OK it felt like I barely kept up with the portals phase. Some things I've been thinking of to improve it:
  • Get a Hatred crit chance Watcher's Eye
  • Switch the frenzy + curse setup for a Toxic Rain totem. I've no curse effectiveness anyway
  • Conc Effect instead of Mirage Archer maybe?
  • More abyssal sockets. Lightpoacher / Bubonic Trail / fossil crafted boots?
  • Different bow? Windripper and stack cold+lightning. Tempest + Inpulsa and stack lightning.

1. Get that last point into Primeval Force. Its a significant damage boost
2. Balance your resists and get a Wise Oak. Your resists are close enough that you can easily do this with crafting
3. 20/20 your gems

These three things alone should get you the dps needed for uber elder (more than Mathils dps on his doomfletch RoA build). Your survivability is really bad though, so good luck with that.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I haven't done Shaper/Uber Elder yet because of maps but I'm Doomfletch and you should probably just use a different skill instead of RoA for single target. I use Scourge Arrow personally, with Lightning Arrow now as a main pack clearer. Tornado Shot, Barrage, and Scourge Arrow should all be fine gem swaps that do more single target than RoA.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
so my main is CI and I'm just now realizing, somehow, that energy shield is pretty bad for darkness runs, it seems I can't go very far at all even with high resistance without potions. or are there things I'm overlooking?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

so my main is CI and I'm just now realizing, somehow, that energy shield is pretty bad for darkness runs, it seems I can't go very far at all even with high resistance without potions. or are there things I'm overlooking?

how much energy shield do you have?

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Can someone help me figure out a upgrade path or whatever for my delve character

Doing a vaal double strike jugg.
http://poe-profile.info/profile/Leninvs

I get overwhelmed trying to figure out which piece to upgrade next.

I have about 500c I can toss around

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
If I'm playing scion and don't really get much from normal lab do I get 4 ascendancy points if I go straight to cruel?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

If I'm playing scion and don't really get much from normal lab do I get 4 ascendancy points if I go straight to cruel?

no because it won't even let you. but if it did the answer is still no.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Have to complete previous Lab(s) first

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kild posted:

how much energy shield do you have?

about 7000 right now, I definitely have room for upgrades but it seems like the fundamental concept of CI in the darkness was a bad one

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you hit a lot (like bv) you could try to get an energy shield gained on hit with discipline eye i guess? you still get on hit effects in the darkness even if things dont die

these might be very expensive i honestly have no idea

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

quote:

Fixed a bug where Solar Guard Spectres could prevent the Beast Burrow encounter in the Fungal Caverns from completing.

Finally, christ. Maybe now I can finally start going lower without having to take massive detours to avoid fungal caverns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

if you hit a lot (like bv) you could try to get an energy shield gained on hit with discipline eye i guess? you still get on hit effects in the darkness even if things dont die

these might be very expensive i honestly have no idea

They are, i've been eyeing some for my molten strike build and they're all 7ex or more. :smith: