Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Knorth posted:

How long ago was that whole Nes Classic/Nes Mini(?) thing? Wasn't there big drama 'cause they sold out immediately?

The NES classic was the number one selling console in June 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just noticed that the NES Joycons are limited to 1 per member, and starting to ship in December. Makes me wonder if this is their way to get around scalpers this time around, trying to do pre-orders to figure out how many to make so they don't under produce like NES Classics

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

The NES classic was the number one selling console in June 2018

:boom:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Even though I'm old enough, I don't have a special fondness for the NES. Even though that's where I cut my video game teeth, I don't feel compelled to play any of them outside of maybe SMB 3.

BUT I'm going to pay for online (Monster Hunter, mostly) so I will absolutely try each one out.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I never played any NES games except Super Mario Bros. I guess I have some catching up to do.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

enojy posted:

Took them long enough to announce an Animal Crossing game.

If it turns out to be another spinoff dogshit then I'm drowning my Switch in the river or whatever that meme is.

They confirmed it’s a mainline entry.

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1040392182207864833?s=21

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Over There posted:

I never played any NES games except Super Mario Bros. I guess I have some catching up to do.

Excuse me while I crumble into a pile of dust.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Astro7x posted:

I just noticed that the NES Joycons are limited to 1 per member, and starting to ship in December. Makes me wonder if this is their way to get around scalpers this time around, trying to do pre-orders to figure out how many to make so they don't under produce like NES Classics

Haha I'm gonna scalp this

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I actually do want to play a bunch of those NES games, but what I'm really happy to see is that they're adding 3 a month. It's gonna have a pretty healthy lineup in a year or so, especially if SNES games start getting mixed in.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress me.
If I get it, that's it for me. I'll be done.
When New Leaf came out, that's all I did for at least a month. C'mon, Nintendo. Don't do this to me.

Okay, I won't get it right away unless it improves on the formula in some big way.
Like if they let you place buildings and features at will. No more guesswork, give me a ghost image and fine control.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RZA Encryption posted:

Excuse me while I crumble into a pile of dust.

If it makes you feel better and less old, most young kids I’m around really like NES and SNES games. I brought my SNES Classic to a family gathering and the kids seemed more interested in it than the PS4 that was also there. I think Minecraft has conditioned them to the pixel aesthetic.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah, I don't think pixel art is ever going away. Aside from looking cute, it makes people think that anybody even ~you~ could make a videogame even though you totally can't

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inzombiac posted:

gently caress me.
If I get it, that's it for me. I'll be done.
When New Leaf came out, that's all I did for at least a month. C'mon, Nintendo. Don't do this to me.

Okay, I won't get it right away unless it improves on the formula in some big way.
Like if they let you place buildings and features at will. No more guesswork, give me a ghost image and fine control.

I want a forest. Just a little bit of wilderness outside the town you can explore and find surprising stuff in

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What do people think of ARMS?

I've got 4 joycons now, and I was always fond of super punch out. Is this along those lines?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Welp, better get my time in on the switch until Katamari comes out, I'll never see it again after that. My wife just jumped for joy.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

I've got 4 joycons now, and I was always fond of super punch out. Is this along those lines?

I wanna know this too, when it launched I thought it looked cool but not $60 cool. I've kind of been waiting for a price drop.

Speaking of, I saw Fractured But Whole for $40 the other day, I should be able to get that cheap in a year or so.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ignite Memories posted:

There’s a demo on the eShop. It’s fun but it could use more depth. The motion controls make it better so try them.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

it stinks

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Wait, so if Peachette is a powered-up form of Toadette, is Peach secretly a powered-up Toad?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

xedo posted:

Wait, so if Peachette is a powered-up form of Toadette, is Peach secretly a powered-up Toad?

I’m thinking that. It makes sense why she looks so different from everyone in her kingdom with that explanation.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What does a powered up Toad become

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Katamari Reroll is just the first game right? Hopefully they do We Love Katamari as well I like it way more.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Slightly bigger. Play SMB2.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Hallucinogenic.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

We Love Katamari is a better game - However, the better mix of katamari on the rock is in the original.

That was the most disappointing thing about WLK to me - why take out the best song?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You're not asking the right question. Toadette becomes Peachette with the Super Crown. So what happens if a Toad puts it on? What about Mario or Luigi?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

You're not asking the right question. Toadette becomes Peachette with the Super Crown. So what happens if a Toad puts it on? What about Mario or Luigi?

Toad becomes one of those kings from super mario bros. 3

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s......insane.

A discount would have worked better.

They don't want people buying them to use with homebrew emulators

I'm buying them to use with homebrew emulators

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No Sjyward Sword Deluxe yet. Maybe at the Game Awards 2018

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

:eyepop:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

There are people who actually thought this Direct was bad? Lock them up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's really nothing to "Deluxe" about Skyward Sword since there was no DLC.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't see this here, was in the Japanese direct

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1040379246944940032?s=19

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so what games are out next month again?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
^ Downwell is fun and good, tough as balls though.

World of Final Fantasy and Chocobo's Dungeon are some of the last Final Fantasy games I enjoyed, cool they are coming to the Switch. ( My Life as a King and My Life as a Darklord were also great. ) With DQ XI pulling me back into that main franchise, it would be cool if Final Fantasy could get me back into their main games, but they seem to move further and further away from anything I would be interested in.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 14, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

gently caress yes, why wasn't this in the US direct goddamn!!! I will play the poo poo out of this game again on the Switch. I'm so excited :toot:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

what's the goonsensus on xenoblade 2, someone on twitter was geeking out that the season pass was functionally a new game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

This makes sense since the guy who made it was recently hired by Nintendo. This is good but I also hope it doesn't effect his fifth of the content in the upcoming game compilation UFO50.

• Locked thread