Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly i'm starting to agree that this season feels off. it's definitely not bad but it's really giving me the vibe that everyone's kind of gotten bored with Sunny and that they might want to leave off on this one.

like, the ending of this episode was loving weird. is this the first time the gang has ever just straight up given Dee the W in a situation without reservations? it feels like they're just trying to check off "stuff we haven't done yet" boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I spent last night trying to find a way to watch the show, willing to throw money at my screen, but came up dry.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I really want some Big League Chew now.

Dennis' lock on the outside of the door and it being a soundproof room is great.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly i'm starting to agree that this season feels off. it's definitely not bad but it's really giving me the vibe that everyone's kind of gotten bored with Sunny and that they might want to leave off on this one.

like, the ending of this episode was loving weird. is this the first time the gang has ever just straight up given Dee the W in a situation without reservations? it feels like they're just trying to check off "stuff we haven't done yet" boxes.

Clever girl

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

is this the first time the gang has ever just straight up given Dee the W in a situation without reservations?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

While I did like the episode, the thought of an escape room company setting one up in someone's apartment seems so unrealistic that it's stupid to have in a TV show. Maybe they just couldn't afford to create another set. I agree that the "Dee gets locked in Dennis' Bondage Facility" should have been in another episode that happens to be set in their apartment. Also, I'd like to have seen the looks on the faces of the people who set the escape room up when they saw Mac's exercise bike. Also, why did Mac's room have stuff in it but Dennis' didn't? It's dumb to tear apart a sitcom, but the premise of this episode was so dumb that I have to. At least it was funny.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. If it was about designing a set, they very easily could have used a real escape room somewhere that I'm sure would be more than willing to let them film. This was such a great premise that was kind of stifled right off the bat by having it in Mac and Dennis's apartment.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. If it was about designing a set, they very easily could have used a real escape room somewhere that I'm sure would be more than willing to let them film. This was such a great premise that was kind of stifled right off the bat by having it in Mac and Dennis's apartment.

i agree with this point

*bangs fist on table*

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I was also kind of hoping for more of a showcase on how each character would (badly) interpret the clues they find and end up gridlocked. Instead it was yet another character study of the group's dynamic. Charlie's monologue and the payoff of the lock and key actually just being the first clue, although obvious, were the only real highlights for me.

The show's still good, but does indeed feel like they are bored with it and it should probably wrap it up.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The show is still the best comedy on cable and should keep going as long as Danny is still above the ground IMO.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

"i didn't like two episodes of this show i've been watching for 10+ years these dumb hacks should give up already"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

shows been in decline for a few seasons now, but the time to end on a high note was five years ago so they should just keep making it forever at this point

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The plots may suck a bit, but there are still some really many funny moments in every episode.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

i think 10 was the last season of always sunny. since then it's been like a weird spinoff. some guy from the simpsons said like, they could either get boring or zany so they chose zany. i think that's what happened with sunny post season 10 - 10 was the craziest it could get while maintaining the tone that had been in place for a few seasons at that point

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think that, after Charlie's Mom Has Cancer, I can give the show at least a couple of seasons more.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ratjaculation posted:

i agree with this point

*bangs fist on table*
I hope this becomes a thing in this thread.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Wark Say posted:

I think that, after Charlie's Mom Has Cancer, I can give the show at least a couple of seasons more.

That was like 5 seasons ago

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

LividLiquid posted:

I hope this becomes a thing in this thread.

*bangs fist on table*

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I agree that the plots are lacking, but I still enjoy hanging out with these monsters. Seeing them group up against rational outsiders will never fail to make me laugh.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I was really distracted all episode by Rob’s arm tattoos. Did he get the bicep tattoos lasered off between seasons or just covered them with makeup?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
While I can understand some of the posting saying the show has fallen off, if the gang having read and trying to apply the lessons of Art of the Deal doesn’t tickle your funny bone, I just don’t know.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fellatio del Toro posted:

That was like 5 seasons ago
It was one of the darkest moments I've watched in television and despite thinking "that was too dark and I'm going to hell for laughing", I still couldn't stop laughing until I legit started coughing and wheezing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

I was really distracted all episode by Rob’s arm tattoos. Did he get the bicep tattoos lasered off between seasons or just covered them with makeup?

Yeah the feather one looked really faded.

Anyway, I thought the episode started off a little slow but once it got going I was laughing my rear end off.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't know what you're all talking about that episode was hilarious. The tribal summit had me giggling the entire time.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I liked it. I did notice the escape room being set in their apartment but eh it doesn't really matter.

It was very weird getting a happy ending though. I kept waiting for a turn but it just never happened.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Literally every season since this show started people have been ragging on every season but literally every season has been great

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
I still enjoy the show and I'll keep watching but it feels like the scripts are almost written as fanfic now.

It's Always Sunny but something is a bit "off" about it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

shows been in decline for a few seasons now, but the time to end on a high note was five years ago so they should just keep making it forever at this point

Even the worse episodes of Sunny have some fun bits to them for me, I'd certainly rather have the episodes continue as long as possible. I don't mind quality dropoffs and if I like something I'd rather have more of that something then have it go out on top, as a general rule. There are exceptions with shows like Breaking Bad where keeping it going could have done real harm to the overall story, but certainly on looser stuff like comedies or stuff that doesn't have a serious plotline running throughout I'm all for keeping it going.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
felt like a perfect episode imo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

this one is a rewatch somewhere down the line

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I loved Dennis screaming at Mac for not letting him just riff

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm confused by the escape room being Dennis's apartment, actually. Does this business go to people's homes and businesses, set up props and cameras, install digital locks, then take it all out when it's done?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Brawnfire posted:

I'm confused by the escape room being Dennis's apartment, actually. Does this business go to people's homes and businesses, set up props and cameras, install digital locks, then take it all out when it's done?

Yes apparently

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Madness

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Also, why did Mac's room have stuff in it but Dennis' didn't?

I thought they were going to have Charlie and Frank smash up things in Mac's room, like Mac and Dennis were doing in the living room, only to find out they were smashing up Mac's stuff and the escape room people didn't put any props in his room, and Mac would freak out (particularly when he'd find his dildo bike smashed to bits).

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
When Dennis brandished his claws like he was Sabertooth was loving great

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sunny should be on for 20 more years. I want geriatric mac.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I know people are feeling that the eps are "off" but I think they're doing that on purpose

this is the first season of Old Gang

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

bring back old gbs posted:

felt like a perfect episode imo

agreed. I felt it was a real return to form.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Is it irritating anyone else that they are lighting the bar differently? After ten years it makes me feel like I am watching a different show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I enjoyed this episode and the one before.

My theory is that Dennis requested the Escape Room done in his apartment so that he could take notes on how to lock people in and survey them in the interim.