Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Modus Pwnens posted:

The priviledge to buy NES controllers for 60 bucks

E: Full disclosure, I'm like 80% certain I'm buying the famicom ones

I wish I could buy those, but those absolutely will be JP exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Uh... so I just saw the AC clip again via Nintendo France and why did no one tell me they call Isabelle, Marie, over here? It's such a solid pun!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Uh... so I just saw the AC clip again via Nintendo France and why did no one tell me they call Isabelle, Marie, over here? It's such a solid pun!

her name is a different pun in each language yeah

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Anyone want to speculate what the Special Bonus to online may be? Obvious answer is free (bad) games or discounts. I'm just hoping for more Nintendo Power or MyNintendo style tchotchkes, pointless but kind of cool things.
The first special bonuses are...
  • The ability, nay, the privilege, to buy those NES controllers.
  • Two exclusive items for Splatoon 2 if you bought the 12 month or family plan.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
*looks around nervously*

Is... is Isabelle a pun in the first place? What is the pun in Marie??

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

*looks around nervously*

isabelle's head is shaped like the bag they use to represent bells (AC's currency)

so isabelle is a bell

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Macaluso posted:

What is the pun in Marie??

learn to speak french you ignoramus, you absolute idiot

apparently "mairie" mean Town Hall in French

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Macaluso posted:

*looks around nervously*

Her hair & hair tie kind of looks like the money (bells) bag item, is what I thought was going on.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
For the other goon who cares, Ultimate Chicken Horse is out in 2 weeks.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

at the end of the day i'm spending 20 bucks to play splatoon and smash for a year which i'm fine with

Your money isn't going towards hosting your splatoon and smash games, because you're the one hosting those matches and paying for that bandwidth in the first place.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

American McGay posted:

I'm fairly confident that Luigi's Mansion 3 will look and play like every single Luigi's Mansion game and Animal Crossing Switch will look at play like every single Animal Crossing game.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but they're not exactly exciting original concepts. BOTW and Odyssey are Zelda and Mario games, but they're also wildly new.

Yeah, but what if Tom decided to loan everyone houses and now they have to race go karts and collect parts to upgrade them instead of normal animal crossing stuff? What if it's now an action-adventure game and the new town is often besieged by monsters and you were brought there and forced into servitude to repay your ever-growing lodging payments by defending the town!?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Elman posted:

Your money isn't going towards hosting your splatoon and smash games, because you're the one hosting those matches and paying for that bandwidth in the first place.

okay? i'm still fine with paying 20 dollars to play cool games i like online

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Why no SMB2 in the NESflix release schedule? That’s the one I spent the least time with as a kid and the one I most wanted to give a fair shake

You mean Doki Doki Panic?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Astro7x posted:

PSN is $60.
MS is $60.

Nintendo Online is $20.

Nintendo is still the odd one out lol

The other companies give you free games that are actually worth playing though

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'd be happy if the new AC just let us decide on all building locations ourselves. But while we're at it I'd also like road paving to be a built in feature instead of me needing to have a mule character just to store all the roadwork tiles.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Elman posted:

He didn't say anything about where his money is going or caring. :think:

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

RandomFerret posted:

this nintendo poo poo makes the microsoft gamepass look like actual corporate benevolence in comparison lol

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Zibidibodel posted:

Yeah, but what if Tom decided to loan everyone houses and now they have to race go karts and collect parts to upgrade them instead of normal animal crossing stuff? What if it's now an action-adventure game and the new town is often besieged by monsters and you were brought there and forced into servitude to repay your ever-growing lodging payments by defending the town!?

No, that's Animal Town (working title)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

God drat, I'm gonna take a leap on Cities as well. Goddamn this console for having so many goddamn games goddamnit

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If I can play FF7 with a stick it will all be worth it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

pissdude posted:

this nintendo poo poo makes the microsoft gamepass look like actual corporate benevolence in comparison lol
Game Pass rules and I honestly wish all game companies would look at what Microsoft is doing, but it's also $10 per month. 6 times the cost of whatever the gently caress Nintendo is doing here.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

"free" games

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Quantum of Phallus posted:

People defending the Nintendo online service have brain problems. It's cheap and it sucks

We knew it was going to suck though so it's okay.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

isabelle's head is shaped like the bag they use to represent bells (AC's currency)

so isabelle is a bell

this is loving me up

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Why is a Peach the monarch for a Mushroom Kingdom? Is she some sort of foreign conqueror, like the Ptolemys?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Ratjaculation posted:

God drat, I'm gonna take a leap on Cities as well. Goddamn this console for having so many goddamn games goddamnit

Let us know how it is

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

what happens if peach gets the crown

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm up for Town, not really interested in anything else in the direct.

Maybe I'll buy FF7 for nostalgias sake

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

what happens if peach gets the crown

What happens to a Queen Bee that eats the royal jelly?

I don't know but probably that.

What are the issues with FFVIII for it not to qualify for a port on any modern console?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What happens to a Queen Bee that eats the royal jelly?

I don't know but probably that.

What are the issues with FFVIII for it not to qualify for a port on any modern console?

The only existing PC port is ancient and a bit of a mess, tbe game itself is a mess and not a very popular one so why put in the effort.

Or theyre doing a full HD remaster and I will buy 10 copies

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RandomFerret posted:

It’s mostly a bunch of poo poo they offer.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Olivil posted:

No DQ XI news :(

DQ XI on the Switch is a huge deal for Japan and I'd be shocked if they gave an update via a Direct.

American McGay posted:

Those are both rigidly based on 15 year old games.

This is as bad a take as someone saying Civ6 is rigidly based on a 25 year old PC game.

Waffleman_ posted:

If you noticed in the Mansion 3 footage, the Simon reveal trailer was a clue the whole time.

I legit hope that Luigi's Mansion 3 includes Death as an optional superboss.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Argue posted:

I'd be happy if the new AC just let us decide on all building locations ourselves. But while we're at it I'd also like road paving to be a built in feature instead of me needing to have a mule character just to store all the roadwork tiles.

I feel like HHD and the mobile game are signs that the series is heading that way. HHD let you decorate an animals house to your liking provided you used the furniture they requested and the campsite in the mobile game kind of functions like your village in the main titles except you can choose who stays there and even kick them out provided that you unlocked that animal by fulfilling their request.

I expect the Switch game to have both of these functions.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Evil Fluffy posted:

I legit hope that Luigi's Mansion 3 includes Death as an optional superboss.

This, but it's the mage/ninja Death from Rondo of Blood.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ratjaculation posted:

Let us know what the seconds-per-frame rate is.

I've grown to expect all Switch ports to run like rear end.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zibidibodel posted:

This video is always being shared haha!

It's a very good video

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s mostly a bunch of poo poo they offer.

PS plus gives some sickass games for free

Nintendo's is cheaper but bloodborne is infinitely better than any switch NES game so it works out

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Manticore posted:

For the other goon who cares, Ultimate Chicken Horse is out in 2 weeks.

I was super excited about this when it was announced when the Switch was new but now I'm drowning in so many other, likely better, party games that I think it missed the boat.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's more an issue of content/popularity than anything technical. FF8 was the first game I deliberately actively stopped playing because I was bored of it. That was a very adult decision for middle-school me.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

If my ability to read this thread was subscription based I'd let my sub lapse for a few weeks until we talk about fun video games again.

In an effort to resume video game chat:

Who's playing monhun? What weapons are you enjoying and why are your enjoying them?

I'll start. I just opened up village 5 star quests and I'm really enjoyinf sword and shield because I have one that paralyzes monsters. Combine that with stamina drain oil and aerial style and you can really dish out the damage and keep monsters from.running around too much.

I'm trying to get into HH but I'm crippled by indecision, which horn should I use?!

I love GS because of the deliberate style and I usually play Valor style, but when looking to relax and have just some silly vaulting fun I run Aerial. I just opened 8* HR quests and have been working through them, but I'm looking forward to trying out SNS and HH but I just have such a good GS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hentai Jihadist posted:

PS plus gives some sickass games for free

Nintendo's is cheaper but bloodborne is infinitely better than any switch NES game so it works out

PS+ gives out games I have already played or have no interest in playing.

• Locked thread