Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
:69snypa:
I messed up the save. It's alright I'll get another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Unless you’ve had an even more ridiculous snipe you should be able to check your stats to see how long of a shot that was at least.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
It should be clippable on my stream VoD on twitch. I think I said about the 3 hour mark?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The PC beta is getting capped at 90fps.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9fps8h/black_ops_4_blackout_pc_server_tests_during_beta/

quote:

We’re ready to kick-off in the morning, so we wanted to make sure everyone has the latest Blackout PC beta updates, as we have a couple of details to share about our development and stat-gathering plans for the weekend.

During the Blackout PC Beta, among other things, we’ll be running constant server capacity and performance tests. During this important testing phase, to help ensure as smooth an experience as possible for everyone, we are capping the framerate at 90 FPS. The team will be closely monitoring all the data throughout the course of the weekend. We’ll also be testing different player counts so that we can optimize to be ready for launch on October 12th.

Remember, as always, that the beta serves as a testing ground for us to gather information on performance, controls, and so many other details. All your feedback during the beta contributes important information that will help us deliver the best experience possible on PC. We are looking forward to this Blackout Beta weekend, and can’t wait to see you online.

It doesn't really make a difference to me because I doubt I'll even get it to a steady 60, but it's interesting to me anyway how stuff works behind the scenes. It looks like that, probably due to the game still being based on the Quake 3 engine in some form, higher framerates use more bandwidth. Wonder if they'll keep it capped for release?

http://www.codjumper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9243

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he02vJvKaRs

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
At least they don't have a laser gun that has more damage the higher the fps I guess. Really looking forward to see how they handle looting on the PC.

Kind of weird to do a beta and cap it though. That's one of the things you'd want to test for before launch surely, especially since all the PC marketing was like UNCAPPED FPS WE PROMISE

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I get back on Sunday so y'all will have to catch me up on this BR poo poo. Sounds like it's actually fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

I get back on Sunday so y'all will have to catch me up on this BR poo poo. Sounds like it's actually fun.

Jump off chopper, gently caress up the drop if you’re goonspiracist, drive a truck like a maniac, complain about backpacks if you’re Macys, never get a kill except the final one if you’re me, get sniped from who the gently caress knows there at some point.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Hahaha I forgot that we got the ATV into the back of the truck at one point

How sick would it have been to like...eject at maximum speed, guns blazing from the back of the truck

Come on Treyarch

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
PC Beta is liiiiive

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Constellation I posted:

At least they don't have a laser gun that has more damage the higher the fps I guess. Really looking forward to see how they handle looting on the PC.

Kind of weird to do a beta and cap it though. That's one of the things you'd want to test for before launch surely, especially since all the PC marketing was like UNCAPPED FPS WE PROMISE

Treyarch has a pretty good track record so I have faith in them not messing up the PC version. I don’t think they’ve had any framerate related issues. I’m thinking this is something to do with the networking.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BaronVanAwesome posted:

How sick would it have been to like...eject at maximum speed, guns blazing from the back of the truck

Come on Treyarch

We need to try again except you need to get off the ATV before we move the truck. I think you being on it messed with the physics.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Come on Treyarch

I have a screenshot of it I'll post after work

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm never dropping asylum again!!!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The game just doesn't work properly on my 960. The trees don't render properly and are just huge blocky 2d sprites that take up the whole sky, and I can see through walls and poo poo. Is it a VRAM issue or something? The card only has 2 gigs, but the minimum specs they set are a 660 for christ's sake so you think it would at least function properly on this. :sigh:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The zombie areas straight-out suck. There's no reason for their lovely horde mode knockoff to taint Battle Royale.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lambert posted:

The zombie areas straight-out suck. There's no reason for their lovely horde mode knockoff to taint Battle Royale.

Except the loot in asylum owns and the zombies are super easy to kill.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lighthouse and the surrounding buildings is always the best LZ.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Except the loot in asylum owns and the zombies are super easy to kill.

It's more about zombie presence not being fun element to me.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Last night with Baron and others was fun.

Especially the part with the truck. Never stop. I just gotta get better wing suiting.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do none of the zombies weapons take attachments? i want my lever action sniper, drat it!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

do none of the zombies weapons take attachments? i want my lever action sniper, drat it!

I want to see a Zweihander with a 3x scope now. :haw:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Come PC Beta with us in Discord:
https://discord.gg/8JCqjg3

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
game is sick as hell so far on pc

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I don't think they do. Most of them are so good it doesn't matter though. I always forget what it's called, but the AR is loving incredible.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Got a fuckin ray gun from a zombie at asylum poo poo was rad.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
keep my name out ur mouth!!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
do you really need some twitch code garbage to play the beta on pc? i read that, On The Internet, this morning, but here i am downloading it from blizzard with no prompt for one.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Soul Glo posted:

do you really need some twitch code garbage to play the beta on pc? i read that, On The Internet, this morning, but here i am downloading it from blizzard with no prompt for one.

Nah, you do that if you want in today instead of tomorrow.

Also fun fact: The last time Blizzard made us watch stuff for in-game goods, DJ Khaled performed a cover of God's Plan live on stage.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Game's pretty fun overall. The shooting does feel a lot more arcadey (less recoil, less weight to the shots, slightly higher TTK, etc.) than PUBG, but it's still much closer to a PUBG feeling than it is to Fortnite, so that's good.

No leaning is weird. I've ingrained that into my aiming so much that I'm tossing random grenades in firefights on occasion.

Also feels weird saying it, but it doesn't feel as smooth as PUBG does, because FPS is so much lower due to the cap and lack of optimization going on. I'm sure it'll get better, but going from 120-150fps in PUBG to 60-90 in this is jarring. Guess I'll mess with more of the graphics settings tomorrow and see how much of a difference it makes.

Sniping and long range engagements in general kind of suck compared to PUBG too. The bullet drop seems excessive and the overall feedback you get from the snipers isn't great.

Everything else about it is good, or is just a matter of getting more comfortable with the controls and perks and poo poo.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’ve played this a few times on the PS4 and I genuinely can’t believe I’m actually liking a BR game. Never played PUBG because I only use a PS4 but it always looked like a stressful mess. Fortnite is cool but I find it to be a stressful dull game with the worst endgame of any multiplayer game I’ve ever played. This though, maybe due to the CoD feel and all that, is really doing it for me. Maybe convincing me that I can like the genre.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I like this way more than PUBG

It's nice that my existing CoD skills translate pretty well

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
I actually won a game, in solos! The vapr(?) owns.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Mister Facetious posted:

I have a screenshot of it I'll post after work

It's somewhere in my VoD from last night but I have no memory of when

fit em all up in there posted:

Last night with Baron and others was fun.

Especially the part with the truck. Never stop. I just gotta get better wing suiting.

JUST KEEP GOING

Lambert posted:

They drop some excellent loot and throw up a big light beam into the sky which is nice to either contest/bait. Also nice is they're not ALWAYS zombie areas, although I don't know what (if anything) triggers the spawn or if it's just random.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

They do not :(

The lever action is unfortunately awful, the Zweihander is "ok", but the raygun does hella damage at close range and owns in general

Mister Facetious posted:

Lighthouse and the surrounding buildings is always the best LZ.

ALWAYS FOLLOW THE ABC'S OF BLACKOUT

Always
Be
Choosing to drop at Lighthouse

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Theres a bunch of problems with the inventory that seem to crash you. Be careful about activating too many perks, reloading or healing while looting a body/chest and having 2 people loot one body/chest at once.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Bardeh posted:

The game just doesn't work properly on my 960. The trees don't render properly and are just huge blocky 2d sprites that take up the whole sky, and I can see through walls and poo poo. Is it a VRAM issue or something? The card only has 2 gigs, but the minimum specs they set are a 660 for christ's sake so you think it would at least function properly on this. :sigh:

i had the same problem. Turn up your texture settings. You get the same Frame rate but it no longer does the 2d blocks.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I made a Blizzard Group for GOON BLERPS for easy adds and invites.

https://blizzard.com/invite/5EqJ2g0fld5

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Nvidia released new black ops 4 game ready drivers btw. 399.24 or something like that, might be worth it to try them.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
anyone have their vram usage steadily climb during this??? i was in a lobby waiting and watched my 1080ti steadily climb from 6200 vram usage (which already seems insane) up to 9200.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Are you playing in 4k? It has dynamic resolution scaling, so if nothing is going on, texture quality and res will increase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm playing 3440x1440 and i don't think i had this problem in the beta.

i'm not at my desk now, is there a setting i can toggle?