Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

I was really hoping the FF14 samurai would wear armor like this, or at least like FFT samurai

they gotta share the set with monk so its more light flowing robes, unfortunately

theres a charm there too, if you like your ronin type samurai though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This probably won't impress anybody but me but I really love how fast and snappy the art in cmb is

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

*nods* Finger jabs ARE cool.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That the new one by the Shinozaki author?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the new cmb goes heavy again

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:stare:

Link, please?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

chumbler posted:

That the new one by the Shinozaki author?

not so new, it's from comiket 93 :D

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Has the Shinozaki author done anything since Shinozaki?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

:stare:

Link, please?

https://mangadex.org/title/1226/c-m-b

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Has the Shinozaki author done anything since Shinozaki?

https://mangadex.org/title/26483/bandai-kaname-wa-asobitai

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Now this is that poo poo I DO like

Burrito the comic gets really good after that rough patch, I recommend checking it again eventually

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Seriously CMB and QED are the best. I am working my way through QED before going back to CMB, since the later is a spin off. But like, the cases get more and more high concept as the series goes along, and experimenting with different ways to tell a murder mystery.

Like there is a case where a murder mystery writer kills someone and commits suicide afterwards. The police are investigating his murder victim, but write it off as an accident. The ghost of the murder mystery writer gets annoyed, because he came up with like a clever trick to kill this guy. So then the ghost starts possessing people around the detective's watson, and goes into her dreams trying to get her to the crime scene so she can bring along the detective so he can solve the mystery and figure out the ghost's trick.

Such good manga series. I love em.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

Seriously CMB and QED are the best. I am working my way through QED before going back to CMB, since the later is a spin off. But like, the cases get more and more high concept as the series goes along, and experimenting with different ways to tell a murder mystery.

Like there is a case where a murder mystery writer kills someone and commits suicide afterwards. The police are investigating his murder victim, but write it off as an accident. The ghost of the murder mystery writer gets annoyed, because he came up with like a clever trick to kill this guy. So then the ghost starts possessing people around the detective's watson, and goes into her dreams trying to get her to the crime scene so she can bring along the detective so he can solve the mystery and figure out the ghost's trick.

Such good manga series. I love em.
Between Bojack Horseman and these 2 recs, my weekend is going to be a very fruitful indeed. :dance:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I physically am unable to not read this relationship as a romance

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sharkopath posted:

they gotta share the set with monk so its more light flowing robes, unfortunately

It would be more charming to me if monk armor wasn't already also used by ninjas

have samurai share sets with dragoon and then you can have people with samurai armor wielding spears and naginata and poo poo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

It would be more charming to me if monk armor wasn't already also used by ninjas

have samurai share sets with dragoon and then you can have people with samurai armor wielding spears and naginata and poo poo

Ninja now has split off into its own gear set, although the rumor is that it will share them with blue mage sometime soon.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
powerful ninja magicks...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't remember exactly where I left off but tbh I'd lost interest in it at that point anyway

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

I don't remember exactly where I left off but tbh I'd lost interest in it at that point anyway

what if i told you about

HIGH STAKES HANGMAN

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

theres like 12 volumes so i dont know how long it can keep my interest but right now in 4 im loving this

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkopath posted:

I physically am unable to not read this relationship as a romance
TBF, it's looks like you might be right on the money. :stwoon:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the high stakes hangman turned out to be high stakes old maid and I feel cheated

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Where's this one from?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I read through the hangman thing, glancing through it rn

it was ultimately too silly and over the top for me to keep going, I started it bc the art interested me and I was kind of in the mood for a gambler or swindler manga but the more it escalated the less I liked it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

It's still insanely dumb that they don't share DRG sets instead considering the Stormblood DRG aesthetic is way more fitting for samurai.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

I think I read through the hangman thing, glancing through it rn

it was ultimately too silly and over the top for me to keep going, I started it bc the art interested me and I was kind of in the mood for a gambler or swindler manga but the more it escalated the less I liked it.

If I had to say why im still reading its that it strikes a balance of a psychological gambling thriller that relies on raw emotion and personality but also so far every game has also been a partial detective story about unraveling how the other side is cheating, and I love that kind of thing.

But also I just love these two goobers together and their adopted son.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also thats not me telling you to keep reading if you don't want, im just elaborating.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

also directly after I said that this game ended and the entire thing is devolving into nonsense I no longer understand

whoof

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So more Kaiji Liar Game, less Kakegurui but with handsome men?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

After a huge load of nonsense about terorrism and betrayals and constant martial arts fighting that my eyes glazed over it got back to whats important

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ah, my weakness:

business suit karate.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/h9Z20ac1k4dPs58/status/1040763770585329664
good medicine seller

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bring him back you cowards *a single tear falls onto my kusuriuri fig*

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

bring him back you cowards *a single tear falls onto my kusuriuri fig*

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

bongocat meme is my favorite thing right now (kyuu-chan is a close second)

https://twitter.com/nathandelune/status/1040310733836304384

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

iospace posted:

Where's this one from?

Hikawa Shou’s c93 douj!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

a kitten posted:

bongocat meme is my favorite thing right now (kyuu-chan is a close second)

https://twitter.com/nathandelune/status/1040310733836304384

https://twitter.com/Cojora1/status/1040042738425757698