Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Yes, fine! Give me a loving cigar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
At which time will it be on the stream today (please provide timezone or, even better, the UTC time)? I somehow can watch it, I wouldn't want to miss it!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think 330 est is when it goes up on the website.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

tarlibone posted:

Yes, fine! Give me a loving cigar!

I don't know why, but Monstroso offering a cigar again and again just cracks me up every time.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Now that I think about it I don't remember the url either. Could someone remind me?

Cojawfee posted:

I think 330 est is when it goes up on the website.
You're sure that's EST and not EDT?

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 14, 2018

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

So 7:30pm UTC.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

X_Toad posted:

Now that I think about it I don't remember the url either. Could someone remind me?

http://www.adultswim.com/streams/

The schedule appears to be in your local timezone.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, it's in the local timezone. That's nice! Thanks everyone!

How do people in the US watch it at that time though?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

luxury handset posted:

in one of the summary/catchup videos gary says monstroso is dead. not sure if this is canon or not

It's probably as far as Gary knows/assumes.

Monstroso being gone would probably be a blow to the Guild, too. Supervillains need good lawyers.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I hope mark hamill's va appearance this season has at least one good joker laugh

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's probably as far as Gary knows/assumes.

gary has weird omniscient knowledge when making those summaries though, so i'm not sure if it's canon or not

on the one hand, gary says things he really shouldn't know in character

on the other hand, it is official content from the creators of the show, and gary is a huge nerd

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

X_Toad posted:

Whatever the current time zone is. I loving hate daylight savings time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The season summaries are obviously non-canon but presented in-character, like how Goku narrates next episode previews of Dragon Ball Z

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

X_Toad posted:

Yeah, it's in the local timezone. That's nice! Thanks everyone!

How do people in the US watch it at that time though?

I never try at 3:30 local time, but when I look it’s a stream on demand not a live stream.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Brizbee sighting.

The stinger on this episode is frighteningly close to reality. Looks like we know what the next VenTech product will be.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 14, 2018

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

tarlibone posted:

Brizbee sighting.

Or is it?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/the-unicorn-in-captivity

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
oh my god Doc calls Billy "Hobbit Oppenheimer"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Solid loving gold.

I love how the "fly parts" bit seems like yet another The Fly reference--something they did the last time Doc fiddled (albeit accidentally) with a transporter. Funny enough. Then you see one of the previous experimental apples... hahaha Applefly!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
of course these idiots put one of the teleporter pads at the bottom of a publicly accessible staircase

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...so how much of the VR bit that Doc's in has actually happened?

Because there's no reason for Sheila to be involved, but there's also no way he went to the actual meeting, I assume they faked the first red-screened call and then did it while he was blindfolded

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
I just love that the good guys protagonists have their own Council of 13, sort-of. Or however many there were.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Did we recognize anyone besides Brisby and Manhowers?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
honestly did not like the stinger twist about it being a simulator, felt cheap and lazy, especially for a series like this

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Was that Mark Hamil? Seemed like he voiced a couple of characters this week.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Rexxed posted:

I didn't pay attention to the credits, but Publick said that Mark Hamil would be the voice for Presto Chango and that he would also voice another character in the same episode.

drrockso20 posted:

honestly did not like the stinger twist about it being a simulator, felt cheap and lazy, especially for a series like this
We should have expected the simulator because this is the Venture Bros. And I'm honestly happy that they didn't introduce another Council of Vagueness after the Council of 13 pretty much put a stop to that.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

it seems very on brand for the OSI. just throw him in the happy torture device until he gives up the goods

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

X_Toad posted:

Did we recognize anyone besides Brisby and Manhowers?

tarlibone posted:

Brizbee sighting.

So, yeah. I didn't mention the second one because we only have the silhouette.

Anyway...

The Venture Bros.: This is just banana-gins!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I wonder if that teleporter's going to appear again or if it's just going to be a way for the Monarch to rise up in the ranks some more?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Loved the joker getting stabbed in the face. Almost as much as I loved him turning into the stair master

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
That's two episodes in a row in which Hank and Dean barely appear... I hope they're not going to leave them hanging like that till the end of the season! They've teased us with the Rusty/clone thing and Hank's feelings of isolation now that Dean is off to college, I hope they come through on those!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
How do they keep making such good episodes?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

The good guys also being bad guys is a hard twist to process. Is there actually a shadowy cabal of dicks controlling everything or are Brock and Hunter just carrying water for the rich and powerful to avoid the chaos of disrupting the system?

Either way it isn't great for Brock and Hunter's characters.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

The biggest tragedy of this episode is that it turns out OSI already had a Joy Can - Doc wasted a perfectly good orphan!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

PostNouveau posted:

The good guys also being bad guys is a hard twist to process. Is there actually a shadowy cabal of dicks controlling everything or are Brock and Hunter just carrying water for the rich and powerful to avoid the chaos of disrupting the system?

Either way it isn't great for Brock and Hunter's characters.

would have worked better if they had gone into the potential a teleporter has for evil usage then the economic issues it raises

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

This was so good omg. I just about died from the stinger along with the Lady and the Tiger.

I don't think ANY of it was real, the red-screened faces was just a handful of OSI agents playing their parts, and then they strapped Doc into the VR orgy later that night. I'm not sure that it actually hints at a REAL shadowy cabal pulling the strings, I felt like that was just the typical OSI line when one of their charges comes up with something that will radically change the status quo. I mean really, it could cause WWIII if oil was suddenly hugely devalued and economies get destroyed. I think it's just one of their duties to keep an eye on those kinds of projects.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Get a nerd laid and they think they're masters of the universe

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was prepared for a million hot takes about DMTM moonlighting as a concubine for the illuminati and how garbage that is but the tag fixed that.

I caught Manhauers and Brisbee, Reddit points out that the professor from Dia De Los Dangerous! was another sillouette. I didn't recognize any more but it doesn't really matter because they were just Rusty's subconscious projecting a group that controls the world.

Reddit also pointed out that the VR device is either based on the Joy Can or something similar a different super-scientist invented. The OSI has got all the really cool toys, it's really not fair.

Except the teleporters, Monarch has those. And I can't imagine any good will come of that.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

asecondduck posted:

I was prepared for a million hot takes about DMTM moonlighting as a concubine for the illuminati and how garbage that is but the tag fixed that.

When I was watching the ep my initial assumption was that she was spying on them for the guild. Granted then the end tag comes along and changes everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Rexxed posted:

He was Presto Chango and a silhouette voice that offered Doc membership in the illuminati