Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We gave unchecked power and a license to kill to a bunch of people who can't hack literally any other career and then let them stew in decades of us vs them war on police thin blue line our heroes bullshit. Yeah, this only ends one way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Current event: I went fishing today.

I didn't catch anything.

I'm sorry I let you all down :(

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Current event, I had a good work week, and then a big steak and bourbon. A good week.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Current Event: Did cardio and only had a hard boiled egg for lunch, I now have my picture on the wall of a burger place.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1040767174942633984

At some point, you just have to credit 2018's writers for how they constantly come up with such new, innovative stories.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

quote:

"Everyone is in shock. What more could happen to one woman?"

Nothing, what with her being dead and all now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Nothing, what with her being dead and all now.
Donnie could go to the memorial service and accidentally spill his Big Mac on her corpse.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Current event: ceramic coated the paint and put a new exhaust on my bike today

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 15, 2018

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

boop the snoot posted:

I saw somewhere that five people have died because of Florence. I’d go find the source but I’m sure the number will go up.

Weather channel has it at 3 all in NC

Mom and infant killed when a tree fell through a house
Woman died of cardiac arrest

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

also one guy who electrocuted himself plugging up a live generator in the rain and an old man who was "blown down by the wind while feeding his dogs" guess he hit his head on a rock or something

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

an old man who was "blown down by the wind while feeding his dogs" guess he hit his head on a rock or something

I admire this dude's commitment to his dogs if not his survival instinct or common sense.

Just bring the dogs into the house my dude.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Current event: going down to Quantico tomorrow morning for a shooting competition. I won the last one but that’s because everyone was a bunch of scrubs. My girlfriend hates shooting but w/e

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bad shoots and gun control chat are now banned. Go to CSPAM.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Super looking forward to Manafort becoming a bad liar person who lies and doesn't tell truths about Strong Daddy Trump and how we should ignore the witch hunt about things that had nothing to do with the president's fabulous electoral win.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EBB posted:

What about good shoots?

https://twitter.com/bluelivesmtr/status/1040557220340146176?s=19

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

EBB posted:

This is some sorry rear end poo poo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EBB posted:

Really? The other thread made it to 8 posts before you changed your mind?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This decision was not made without advisement. We are done discussing it. Post current events.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Except certain current events apparently.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hoo boy excluding a common current event from the current events thread

hope no more news comes out about the dallas murder because lol guess we can't talk about people getting killed for Being Home Near A Cop

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
has the subcommittee on good faith discussions published today’s list of approved topics? i would hate to lose my ration stamps.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

just what in the hell kind of voodoo doll poo poo did Mueller pull on Manafort to get that kind of plea agreement out of him?

debriefings without a lawyer, give up all his crime loot, plead guilty to two more crimes, stay in prison until it's all done, I don't doubt some of that is typical plea agreement language but waiving counsel and forfeiting almost all his poo poo seems like they called him on a garbage hand and then laid down a flush right in front of him.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Tryzzub posted:

has the subcommittee on good faith discussions published today’s list of approved topics? i would hate to lose my ration stamps.

We have but it remains secret and you must take a chance when you post

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It seems like the secret is to run all posts by victor vermis first.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Professor Bling posted:

hope no more news comes out about the dallas murder because lol guess we can't talk about people getting killed for Being Home Near A Cop

You're celebrating the suicide of a public servant in a subforum that has a bunch of teary-eyed threads about people offing themselves as a result of their unpopular public service.

I understand where the rancor comes from if you sincerely believes thousands of independent agencies with common cultural pitfalls are murdering people en masse but,

dot... dot dot..

Are you loving retarded?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

just what in the hell kind of voodoo doll poo poo did Mueller pull on Manafort to get that kind of plea agreement out of him?

debriefings without a lawyer, give up all his crime loot, plead guilty to two more crimes, stay in prison until it's all done, I don't doubt some of that is typical plea agreement language but waiving counsel and forfeiting almost all his poo poo seems like they called him on a garbage hand and then laid down a flush right in front of him.

My personal feeling is that the guilty verdict bitch-slapped him with a dose of reality that finally broke through the rich white guy bubble he's lived in. As soon as that was pierced and someone laid out how thoroughly Mueller was deep dicking him and the ways in which a presidential pardon wouldn't help him he ended up where any intelligent, non-megalomaniacal person would have started.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Guess we can't talk about this:

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-area-cop-guilty-of-framing-black-teen-10733427

quote:

Federal prosecutors announced today that Atesiano pleaded guilty to framing a Biscayne Park teenager, known as "T.D." in court records, for a series of burglaries he did not commit. Prosecutors say Atesiano "on three separate occasions" instructed his employees to frame innocent black suspects.

“The right to be free from false arrests is fundamental to our Constitution and system of justice,” Acting Assistant Attorney General John Gore said this afternoon in a media release. “Law enforcement officers who abuse their authority and deny any individual this right will be held accountable. As the Chief of Police, Defendant Atesiano was trusted by his community to lead their police officers by example; he has failed his community and the officers of Biscayne Park.”

Earlier this year, the feds unsealed a blockbuster case against Atesiano and three of his former subordinates. The FBI said Atesiano had instructed employees in his tiny, 11-person police department to pin burglaries on black residents with criminal records in order to pretend his department had a 100 percent clearance rate for home thefts.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bird food bathtub posted:

My personal feeling is that the guilty verdict bitch-slapped him with a dose of reality that finally broke through the rich white guy bubble he's lived in. As soon as that was pierced and someone laid out how thoroughly Mueller was deep dicking him and the ways in which a presidential pardon wouldn't help him he ended up where any intelligent, non-megalomaniacal person would have started.

Yeah, I could see it being from the verdict, especially the later news that he was one dumb piece of poo poo idiot juror away from being found guilty on all of them and not on the fence at all.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird food bathtub posted:

There's got to be more to it than "we'll lock you up longer if you don't cooperate." Manafort stands a solid chance of dying in prison just on his initial convictions. Adding 50 years onto his sentence isn't much of a threat to a guy pushing 70.

Ugh.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Professor Bling posted:

I'm not a fan of banning all (insert-whatever)-chat, but in the last two (three?) weeks or so, there have been several instances with posts like "I hope someone does the needy", "There is only one solution", or other not-very-veiled wishes for violence/death that I think we can really do without in here. I'm sure it'll be fine to talk about again once we stop posting like the KKKcops-thread.

In other events, the main storm surges / impacts from precipitation should be hitting NC/SC late during the night, during the day, so I'm hoping not too many people decided to ignore evacuation orders / return to their homes because of the downgrading. The amount of people already in need of rescue in places that were guaranteed to be inundated wholly is already infuriating.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Godholio posted:

There's got to be more to it than "we'll lock you up longer if you don't cooperate." Manafort stands a solid chance of dying in prison just on his initial convictions. Adding 50 years onto his sentence isn't much of a threat to a guy pushing 70.

It would be one thing if he saw it as a chance to go back to his ostrich-leather lifestyle after reducing his sentence but he forfeited a loving shitload of stuff.

Maybe it really is just a power move by the OSC to make an example of him to help guide anyone else weighing the decision to cooperate by showing what happens to people who don't flip early.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Victor Vermis posted:

You're celebrating the suicide of a public servant...

If only she had the decency ... gently caress y'all.

It's not that we don't want cops. It's that literally every loving time there's a bad cop shoot collectively cops believe there but for the grace of God goes them. But that's stupid.

No one is lusting for Martello death, because he admitted his gently caress up and is holding himself accountable for his terrible mistake, and his PD is handling it with the aplomb we hope for in every case.

This cop TRIED TO BREAK IN THE WRONG loving HOUSE AND SHOT THE DUDE WHO LEGALLY LIVED THERE. Why do you want someone like this to get any expectation of sympathy? Why would we expect the police to act in good faith, after they decided to disclose "there was pot in his house" when it's not relevant to the loving case?

God damnit. This wasn't even worth the probation that is coming. It's just frustrating.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/keelyjolene/status/785685156002689024

This is gonna be fun for the next few days

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I will also eat a probation for the cause. If children can walk out of a school I can eat a probation :D

You can celebrate the death of anyone, some times they are bad people, even if they are public servants.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Jesus EBB I thought I was the massacre guy

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://twitter.com/3315Aviation/status/1040682803472605184

for the lols

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That's gotta be some kind of glitch. Then again it's Allegiant so maybe they saw it was a way to save fuel.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Trump’s new(est) campaign manager has a look.

https://twitter.com/simonmaloy/status/1040763914194231296?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Can you loving imagine historians looking back on this administration's people in 50 years?

Just truly the greatest people

• Locked thread