Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Does anyone know of any other movie podcasts where someone watches the same movie like 100x and keeps trying to find new things to say about it, other than Til Death Do Us Blart? I know there's at least one more but google isn't helping me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Quad posted:

Does anyone know of any other movie podcasts where someone watches the same movie like 100x and keeps trying to find new things to say about it, other than Til Death Do Us Blart? I know there's at least one more but google isn't helping me out.

The Worst Idea Of All Time

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Quad posted:

Someone here did a thing where they watched Trainspotting every week and did a vodcast about it. I think it was a really young guy who stopped posting because we were kinda assholes to him. Maybe the dude who was way too hyped for Marvel films (said Avengers 2 was unbearably tense and poo poo like that).

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Skwirl posted:

Someone here did a thing where they watched Trainspotting every week and did a vodcast about it. I think it was a really young guy who stopped posting because we were kinda assholes to him. Maybe the dude who was way too hyped for Marvel films (said Avengers 2 was unbearably tense and poo poo like that).

CelticPredator still posts here.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I'm watching the new Norm show on Netflix. It's great. It's Eric Andre for Boomers.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Skwirl posted:

That was Sundowner, who I believe is Superliminal on YT.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Yay, we're almost there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKC21wDarBo

axelblaze posted:

I find it all kind of disappointing. I really praised the original short to hell and back and loved it to death but I was disappointed when the group that made it changed their name to from "This is It" to "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" and just focused on expanding a short that didn't really need expanding. I mean, I mostly like what they did but it feels like a group like theirs could do so much more and the fact that they still are doing this kinda sucks.

Like look at this short they did before Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. It loving rules.

Agreed, I'm done with it to be honest.

K. Waste posted:

YTotD is a gnarly 1968 nature horror/political thriller called War of the Insects, released internationally as Genocide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1nvR_4xB4

From the writer of Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell and the director of The X from Outer Space, think of Genocide as being the late-'60s Japanese answer to Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds.

This, however, is extremely my poo poo. Thanks.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I can't imagine watching the same movie 100 times. Even if I really like something I'm not in a rush to see it again in the near future.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

CelticPredator still posts here.

No, this was Jivjov who saw Avengers 2 and said the tension was "Nigh unbearable"

I fell asleep during it.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Lucky you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I drank the rest of the flask in the bathroom and passed out during the Hulkbuster fight

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've enjoyed most Marvel films, it was just such a ridiculous bit of hyperbole and directed at one of the worst Marvel films that the phrase was permanently engraved in my brain. In retrospect I shouldn't have thought that was the same person as the person watching Trainspotting on repeat.

Who was the person who thought Max Landis was one of the best living screen writers?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I know I said I liked his videos about screenwriting, so I hope that wasn't me. I don't think his scripts are all that great but he had good tips.

Also Jivjov is crazy.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I drank the rest of the flask in the bathroom and passed out during the Hulkbuster fight

Are you okay?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was 3 years ago but yes. I like being drunk for movies. It's cool. But that one just put me to sleeeep.

I came out going "It was so great!"

Then I watched it again and I was like..ahhhh, poo poo. That's not great at all!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’ve only ever fallen asleep once at the movies, and that was on opening night for Superman Returns. That movie felt like it was 4 hours long.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Gonz posted:

I’ve only ever fallen asleep once at the movies, and that was on opening night for Superman Returns. That movie felt like it was 4 hours long.

I don't recall ever falling asleep in a movie. Maybe once when I was under ten years old, but even then I'm not sure. Of course when I had to go to church as a kid I'd make it like five minutes and I'd be out like a light.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've only passed out during two movies. Age of Ultron, and The Polar Express. I forced the last one. I was so bored and I wanted out. But it was a family movie night so whatever.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I fell asleep about 2 hours into Return Of The King, and slept *all the way* through The Final Girls. It wasn't even late, either, it was like 8 PM on a Thursday.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

You might have an alcohol problem if you find yourself drinking from a flask in the bathroom during a 2 hour movie

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I haven't fallen asleep at the movies, but I've fallen asleep at at least one play, one wrestling show, and a lot of concerts. It doesn't help that I usually get nervous and stay up all night beforehand.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Gonz posted:

I can only recall falling asleep in a theater showing Godfrey Reggio's Visitors on a Sunday afternoon, when I was (briefly) working six days a week.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

You live in Colorado, I would be high like all the time. Legal weed can't come fast enough.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I saw The Incredibles and The Dark Knight a few times in theatres and I absolutely slept during large portions of my repeat viewings. gently caress it. Catch those Z's.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

TOOT BOOT posted:

You might have an alcohol problem if you find yourself drinking from a flask in the bathroom during a 2 hour movie

No 'might' about it.

Also, a 2 hour kids movie.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

LesterGroans posted:

I saw The Incredibles and The Dark Knight a few times in theatres and I absolutely slept during large portions of my repeat viewings. gently caress it. Catch those Z's.

Why didn’t you just sleep at home?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Man, Shane Black has a warped perception of both PTSD and autism. The Predator is a really dumb movie.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

therattle posted:

Why didn’t you just sleep at home?

It wasn't planned, and I had a perfectly lovely before, part of, and after the movie.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

No 'might' about it.

Also, a 2 hour kids movie.

I think it has to be the bathroom of a public library before it's considered a problem and/or you're officially a vagrant.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t think anyone cared. That flask was getting warm and nasty and no one wanted that in the car for the ride home, so into me it went.

I don’t drink all that much lately. I’d like too, but life is getting real boring and people are too busy to hang out and chill. Plus, lyft can get expensive so I often choose not to drink and just drive.

But I love drinking before movies. Any kind of movie. Movies and theme parks.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Quad posted:

The best podcast, blank check podcast, does this. The premise is that a director gets a blank check to do whatever that want, and they made something. The start off with the star wars series and act like they've never heard of it before. It's actually really great analysis because they ask things like why certain people were focused on in the first movie that mean nothing. They do each star wars prequel movie, at 10 episodes each, but go literally insane. So they pair down to directors works per movie, with shyamalan, and go through his. I stopped there because i wanted to watch the movies before listening and never caught up, but they do spielberg, Cameron and others.

One of them is arthur on the new tick show, and he hates hates hates colin treverrow to the detriment of his career, and the other is a writer for someone.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CelticPredator posted:

No, this was Jivjov who saw Avengers 2 and said the tension was "Nigh unbearable"

I fell asleep during it.

Who was it who said something like, "All the quips are landing!"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Quips are on point

And same fella

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

LesterGroans posted:

Still remember seeing TDK in one of those advancement screenings, back when they tried with that hybrid social interaction media marketing. They put up a bunch of clues in towns and had joker cards. That was a good summer, off to college, had hope and a future to look forward to, was nice.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CelticPredator posted:

Quips are on point

And same fella

Ha.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I ate an Impossible Burger for the first time this week, it was pretty impressive. I had my mom (who had just eaten a regular slider prior) try a bit of the meat and she was confused at first why I had her try it because she just thought it was a regular burger, so it fooled her.

I think between artificially grown meat and substitutes like this we'll eventually get to a point where most mass consumption meat products don't involve factory-raised animals. White Castle is apparently already serving Impossible Sliders at some of their restaurants (i'm gonna try one next weekend when I'm in Chicago, it will be the first time in over a decade that I willingly ingest White Castle food), just imagine if McDonalds started serving it and it caught on with the portion of the population that isn't immediately turned off by the idea of non-animal meat.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Internationally their chains are at least trying: http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20180907-whats-driving-the-unstoppable-rise-of-the-mcvegan-burger

The Dutch McDs introduced a special chicken burger a while back. Recently they also added a veggie variant, featuring a meat replacement made from dairy.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I had a really hard time getting through Empire without falling asleep

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've never fallen asleep watching, reading, or playing things. I think I may have briefly snoozed out during a skype conversation once but I'd been up 36+ hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I fell asleep during a class screening of Stalker. I only remember seeing the driving around part and the end chamber.

I still have it marked in my personal diary as a film I've seen though. Maybe I should revisit it

• Locked thread